or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 105

post #1561 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracer View Post
 

For some reason nobody mention about the non-circular stitching between the velour and the pleather.

 

In many of the photos taken by those who got the test sample, I noticed that the stitching is just unacceptable for a 900$ headphone.

 

May be that's why they delay the shipping (just speculation xD)...

 

And btw, hi head-fiers, this is my first post here, even though I spent lots of times reading this site. (Can't believe I read that STX thread for 3 times... Lol)

Hi, welcome!

I was looking at the stitching too but since Jerg did not comment on it, I deemed it unimportant for comfort. As long as the pads are more or less the same everywhere else [I am looking at you HM5 pads!] and comfy, I'll be happy ^_^

post #1562 of 17297

I'm not sure if this was answered before but I couldn't seem to find the information.  Will the HE-560 ship with balanced cables like the HE-6?  I'm wondering if there will be a big difference between single ended and balanced on an amp like the Master-9 which has significantly more power output in balanced mode.

post #1563 of 17297

Hasn't been confirmed but I don't think they'll ship with a balanced cable.

post #1564 of 17297

When Jerg unboxed them a while back, the only cable included was a single ended 3.5mm that came with a 6.5mm adapter. I don't think they're including a balanced cable... but only time will tell if that's true or not.

post #1565 of 17297

what pic are you using to judge the stitching?

post #1566 of 17297
Thread Starter 

It's a straight up 6.5mm-terminated cable, no adapter-ination, but no balanced.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracer View Post
 

For some reason nobody mention about the non-circular stitching between the velour and the pleather.

 

In many of the photos taken by those who got the test sample (especially Edwood one), I noticed that the stitching is just unacceptable for a 900$ headphone.

 

May be that's why they delay the shipping (just speculation xD)...

 

And btw, hi head-fiers, this is my first post here, even though I spent lots of times reading this site. (Can't believe I read that STX thread for 3 times... Lol)

 

Huh? The stitching is fine, the two pads are completely symmetrical (including the stitching patterns) and there are no weaknesses in the stitching.


Edited by jerg - 4/29/14 at 7:37am
post #1567 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

what pic are you using to judge the stitching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

It's a straight up 6.5mm-terminated cable, no adapter-ination, but no balanced.


Huh? The stitching is fine, the two pads are completely symmetrical (including the stitching patterns) and there are no weaknesses in the stitching.
you can see the irregularities in the stitching especially in Edwood photos, it's not fully circular. In Jerg photos you can see that the boundary between the two material is a bit off i guess. Even on head direct, you can spot the not so good/circular stitching there as well. Im just nickpicking since I'm quite concerned with the aesthetic of the phone, and nobody brought this up yet. smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by Ultracer - 4/29/14 at 8:18am
post #1568 of 17297

The pads are slightly angled, this is normal.

post #1569 of 17297

For the price of the Hifiman headphones, I am surprised after all this time they haven't come up with better quality pads, ala Oppo, (best pads I have ever had on my ears, both velour and leather)!

post #1570 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

It's a straight up 6.5mm-terminated cable, no adapter-ination, but no balanced.


Do you happen to know if the cable is 4 conductors, all the way to the plug? So it can be easily reterminated with an XLR?
post #1571 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracer View Post



you can see the irregularities in the stitching especially in Edwood photos, it's not fully circular. In Jerg photos you can see that the boundary between the two material is a bit off i guess. Even on head direct, you can spot the not so good/circular stitching there as well. Im just nickpicking since I'm quite concerned with the aesthetic of the phone, and nobody brought this up yet. smily_headphones1.gif

It's irregular because the pads are angled + the two materials are different (velour vs pleather), so naturally the stitching pattern shifts a bit from the thinner part of the pad to the thicker part. This is trivial nitpicking IMO.

 

The stitching patterns are symmetrical between Left and Right, like I said, so it's not like you'll get one side feeling different from the other when wearing the cans.


Edited by jerg - 4/29/14 at 8:38am
post #1572 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

It's a straight up 6.5mm-terminated cable, no adapter-ination, but no balanced.

 

 

Thanks Jerg (and everyone else) for clarifying.  Hopefully, the stock HE-6 cable pairs well with the 560.

post #1573 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

For the price of the Hifiman headphones, I am surprised after all this time they haven't come up with better quality pads, ala Oppo, (best pads I have ever had on my ears, both velour and leather)!

I am sure you've read the first post where Jerg stated that the new hybrid velour-pleather pads are really good and comfy?

Not sure what you don't like about the pads, especially since you haven't really seen them yet :p

Nor did I :(

post #1574 of 17297

But the really nice Oppo PM-1 pads are now on my head, and past Hifiman pads is where I was referring!  Should have made that clear, I haven't seen the 560 pads!

post #1575 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post
 

But the really nice Oppo PM-1 pads are now on my head, and past Hifiman pads is where I was referring!  Should have made that clear, I haven't seen the 560 pads!

Ah, gotcha.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =