- 1,291 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Announcing the HIFIMAN HE1000 International Photography Contest Last post on 3/20/17 at 7:28am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 12/26/16 at 5:31am in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Man first thing first, HE560 sounds a lot less efficient than HE500 (possibly both due to the drivers, as well as to the much thicker earpads placing my ears farther from the drivers). It's much quieter (both running out of EF6's two outputs).
Edit: nvm I switched the cables around and HE560 sounds louder now, I think the EF6 outputs louder through the XLR out than the stereo out.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 1:07pm
And here I thought it'd be the other way around :/ The question is if these are prototypes [which tend to be less efficient] or retail version headphones? Anyone knows this?
They did better actually; they used a permeable mesh fabric under the pads (instead of the vinyl/rubber-ish material with past pads).
Quick MSPaint doodle of what the FR sounds like (importantly note the bass region, the low treble region, the treble extension, and the lack of ups and downs in the mids region) subjectively. (Sorry Berkeley U for ripping off your frequency range template off google image!)
Wow. That's just about Alpha Dog flat, with even smoother treble response. My wallet is about to take another hit!
Edit: I'm actually fine with less efficiency here, I wasn't planning on running it with out an amp which is par for the course for a flagship level phone, the 400i should be the one where efficiency matters.
Edited by Ultramus - 3/27/14 at 1:08pm
I think it might be the EF6 not outputting the same volume through the two outputs lol, switched the cables around and HE560 is now louder.
Good lol. You got me worried there!
Though I remember reading something about the EF6's outputs having different impedance/output so I didn't completely freak out :P
Thanks for clarifying though, you're handling this thread awesomely so far :D
Another thing that's becoming apparent is that my modded HE500 and the HE560 are different-sounding in nature...the HE500 is a heck of a lot richer-sounding, vocals sound lush and inviting. HE560s right now sound a lot more neutral, vocals sound less romantic and I want to say a bit more realistic.
Now you're talk'in
It's not treble-heavy at all. The balance is really nice between treble/mids/bass just from some initial vocal music. But yeah I will say HE500 is darker / more laid-back (even when modded).
Sounds to me like it takes after the single sided magnet little brother the HE-4....I was hoping it would be that way, rather than the darker, more laid back HE-500!
More air and soundstage?
They are pretty amazing TBH, the foam is really soft (much softer than pleather / velour foam), decently thick too but I don't think it's too thick. The two main features that draw parallels to my earpad mod are 1. velour tops, and 2. internal damping (they used a permeable meshy fabric, instead of what I did which is lots of holes cut up on the impermeable material of the old pads).
There is also a slight ~10 degree angling to the pads, which is much-needed I think. Funnily enough I also created some angling on my Modulor Jergpads, but I never documented it past a post and a photo.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 1:17pm
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 27 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 43 seconds ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 54 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 6 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 6 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear