- 1,291 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/30/16 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
This review is from earphonia.com Re-posted on headfi to share to impressions http://earphonia.com/earphone-cables/effect-audio-iem-cable-thor-silver-ii-lightning-strikes As a lot of...
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Man first thing first, HE560 sounds a lot less efficient than HE500 (possibly both due to the drivers, as well as to the much thicker earpads placing my ears farther from the drivers). It's much quieter (both running out of EF6's two outputs).
Edit: nvm I switched the cables around and HE560 sounds louder now, I think the EF6 outputs louder through the XLR out than the stereo out.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 1:07pm
And here I thought it'd be the other way around :/ The question is if these are prototypes [which tend to be less efficient] or retail version headphones? Anyone knows this?
They did better actually; they used a permeable mesh fabric under the pads (instead of the vinyl/rubber-ish material with past pads).
Quick MSPaint doodle of what the FR sounds like (importantly note the bass region, the low treble region, the treble extension, and the lack of ups and downs in the mids region) subjectively. (Sorry Berkeley U for ripping off your frequency range template off google image!)
Wow. That's just about Alpha Dog flat, with even smoother treble response. My wallet is about to take another hit!
Edit: I'm actually fine with less efficiency here, I wasn't planning on running it with out an amp which is par for the course for a flagship level phone, the 400i should be the one where efficiency matters.
Edited by Ultramus - 3/27/14 at 1:08pm
I think it might be the EF6 not outputting the same volume through the two outputs lol, switched the cables around and HE560 is now louder.
Good lol. You got me worried there!
Though I remember reading something about the EF6's outputs having different impedance/output so I didn't completely freak out :P
Thanks for clarifying though, you're handling this thread awesomely so far :D
Another thing that's becoming apparent is that my modded HE500 and the HE560 are different-sounding in nature...the HE500 is a heck of a lot richer-sounding, vocals sound lush and inviting. HE560s right now sound a lot more neutral, vocals sound less romantic and I want to say a bit more realistic.
Now you're talk'in
It's not treble-heavy at all. The balance is really nice between treble/mids/bass just from some initial vocal music. But yeah I will say HE500 is darker / more laid-back (even when modded).
Sounds to me like it takes after the single sided magnet little brother the HE-4....I was hoping it would be that way, rather than the darker, more laid back HE-500!
More air and soundstage?
They are pretty amazing TBH, the foam is really soft (much softer than pleather / velour foam), decently thick too but I don't think it's too thick. The two main features that draw parallels to my earpad mod are 1. velour tops, and 2. internal damping (they used a permeable meshy fabric, instead of what I did which is lots of holes cut up on the impermeable material of the old pads).
There is also a slight ~10 degree angling to the pads, which is much-needed I think. Funnily enough I also created some angling on my Modulor Jergpads, but I never documented it past a post and a photo.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 1:17pm
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 5 seconds ago
- › 5th Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, December 3rd, 2016 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M2 - Lightly Used 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › Buying iPhone 7: Bluetooth Headphones Recommendation 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 5 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear