- 1,288 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Head-Direct Cable Clearance Sale!! Last post on 6/11/15 at 10:07am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 4:29 pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Changes to HIFIMAN Warranty Policy Last post on 5/11/15 at 10:17pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Man first thing first, HE560 sounds a lot less efficient than HE500 (possibly both due to the drivers, as well as to the much thicker earpads placing my ears farther from the drivers). It's much quieter (both running out of EF6's two outputs).
Edit: nvm I switched the cables around and HE560 sounds louder now, I think the EF6 outputs louder through the XLR out than the stereo out.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 1:07pm
And here I thought it'd be the other way around :/ The question is if these are prototypes [which tend to be less efficient] or retail version headphones? Anyone knows this?
They did better actually; they used a permeable mesh fabric under the pads (instead of the vinyl/rubber-ish material with past pads).
Quick MSPaint doodle of what the FR sounds like (importantly note the bass region, the low treble region, the treble extension, and the lack of ups and downs in the mids region) subjectively. (Sorry Berkeley U for ripping off your frequency range template off google image!)
Wow. That's just about Alpha Dog flat, with even smoother treble response. My wallet is about to take another hit!
Edit: I'm actually fine with less efficiency here, I wasn't planning on running it with out an amp which is par for the course for a flagship level phone, the 400i should be the one where efficiency matters.
Edited by Ultramus - 3/27/14 at 1:08pm
I think it might be the EF6 not outputting the same volume through the two outputs lol, switched the cables around and HE560 is now louder.
Good lol. You got me worried there!
Though I remember reading something about the EF6's outputs having different impedance/output so I didn't completely freak out :P
Thanks for clarifying though, you're handling this thread awesomely so far :D
Another thing that's becoming apparent is that my modded HE500 and the HE560 are different-sounding in nature...the HE500 is a heck of a lot richer-sounding, vocals sound lush and inviting. HE560s right now sound a lot more neutral, vocals sound less romantic and I want to say a bit more realistic.
Now you're talk'in
It's not treble-heavy at all. The balance is really nice between treble/mids/bass just from some initial vocal music. But yeah I will say HE500 is darker / more laid-back (even when modded).
Sounds to me like it takes after the single sided magnet little brother the HE-4....I was hoping it would be that way, rather than the darker, more laid back HE-500!
More air and soundstage?
They are pretty amazing TBH, the foam is really soft (much softer than pleather / velour foam), decently thick too but I don't think it's too thick. The two main features that draw parallels to my earpad mod are 1. velour tops, and 2. internal damping (they used a permeable meshy fabric, instead of what I did which is lots of holes cut up on the impermeable material of the old pads).
There is also a slight ~10 degree angling to the pads, which is much-needed I think. Funnily enough I also created some angling on my Modulor Jergpads, but I never documented it past a post and a photo.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 1:17pm
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 21 seconds ago
- › Music Files/ Quality, how do I.... 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Just Mobile headphone stand in silver 9 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › [FS] Phonak PFE 012 (no filters, no tips, excelent condition) 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › K5, FiiO's new docking desktop amp. How do you like it? Update... 15 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)