- 1,289 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HiFiMAN HE-350 Headphone Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/11/16 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE1000 V2 and EDX V2 Are Coming Soon Last post on 8/23/16 at 3:45am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Don't miss the special event at Stereo Exchange in NYC Wed June 22 Last post on 7/11/16 at 8:36pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Man first thing first, HE560 sounds a lot less efficient than HE500 (possibly both due to the drivers, as well as to the much thicker earpads placing my ears farther from the drivers). It's much quieter (both running out of EF6's two outputs).
Edit: nvm I switched the cables around and HE560 sounds louder now, I think the EF6 outputs louder through the XLR out than the stereo out.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 1:07pm
And here I thought it'd be the other way around :/ The question is if these are prototypes [which tend to be less efficient] or retail version headphones? Anyone knows this?
They did better actually; they used a permeable mesh fabric under the pads (instead of the vinyl/rubber-ish material with past pads).
Quick MSPaint doodle of what the FR sounds like (importantly note the bass region, the low treble region, the treble extension, and the lack of ups and downs in the mids region) subjectively. (Sorry Berkeley U for ripping off your frequency range template off google image!)
Wow. That's just about Alpha Dog flat, with even smoother treble response. My wallet is about to take another hit!
Edit: I'm actually fine with less efficiency here, I wasn't planning on running it with out an amp which is par for the course for a flagship level phone, the 400i should be the one where efficiency matters.
Edited by Ultramus - 3/27/14 at 1:08pm
I think it might be the EF6 not outputting the same volume through the two outputs lol, switched the cables around and HE560 is now louder.
Good lol. You got me worried there!
Though I remember reading something about the EF6's outputs having different impedance/output so I didn't completely freak out :P
Thanks for clarifying though, you're handling this thread awesomely so far :D
Another thing that's becoming apparent is that my modded HE500 and the HE560 are different-sounding in nature...the HE500 is a heck of a lot richer-sounding, vocals sound lush and inviting. HE560s right now sound a lot more neutral, vocals sound less romantic and I want to say a bit more realistic.
Now you're talk'in
It's not treble-heavy at all. The balance is really nice between treble/mids/bass just from some initial vocal music. But yeah I will say HE500 is darker / more laid-back (even when modded).
Sounds to me like it takes after the single sided magnet little brother the HE-4....I was hoping it would be that way, rather than the darker, more laid back HE-500!
More air and soundstage?
They are pretty amazing TBH, the foam is really soft (much softer than pleather / velour foam), decently thick too but I don't think it's too thick. The two main features that draw parallels to my earpad mod are 1. velour tops, and 2. internal damping (they used a permeable meshy fabric, instead of what I did which is lots of holes cut up on the impermeable material of the old pads).
There is also a slight ~10 degree angling to the pads, which is much-needed I think. Funnily enough I also created some angling on my Modulor Jergpads, but I never documented it past a post and a photo.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 1:17pm
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Atlanta Fall Meet 33 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 41 seconds ago
- › 2 Ultrasone DJ1 Pro both with case, and 1 Sony MDR-XB500 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 1 minute ago
- › No Shame on Audeze!!! Buyer needn't beware. 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...