Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 91

post #1351 of 10445
Would this be a good complimentary headphone to the HD800? I've previously owned the LCD-2 and 3 which I enjoyed, but ultimately let go. I enjoyed the body of the mids.... But, the 2 just too dark and closed in, the 3 much better but still lacking clarity and soundstage (compared to 800's). Turns out I'm kind of a soundstage/transparency junkie. Also just couldn't justify keeping a $2k headphone as backup!

Kind of wondering if the 560 would fit the bill?. A little more body for certain genres when needed but without the drawbacks of the LCD. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks
post #1352 of 10445
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post

Would this be a good complimentary headphone to the HD800? I've previously owned the LCD-2 and 3 which I enjoyed, but ultimately let go. I enjoyed the body of the mids.... But, the 2 just too dark and closed in, the 3 much better but still lacking clarity and soundstage (compared to 800's). Turns out I'm kind of a soundstage/transparency junkie. Also just couldn't justify keeping a $2k headphone as backup!

Kind of wondering if the 560 would fit the bill?. A little more body for certain genres when needed but without the drawbacks of the LCD. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

 

The HE-4 was that already. The 560 seem to push everything up a notch or three.

post #1353 of 10445

Will they have demos of the He-560 at AXPONA?

post #1354 of 10445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal Sound View Post

Will they have demos of the He-560 at AXPONA?
I can't see why they wouldn't.
post #1355 of 10445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post

The HE-4 was that already. The 560 seem to push everything up a notch or three.

Thanks Clem, good info. This can is definitely on my radar
post #1356 of 10445
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

The clear plastic ones? Those have been gone for years now.

 

If you mean the black plastic tabs, they are not "dodgy" at all. If you have trouble with them, you're just not doing it the right way.

no those tabs suck no matter how right you do it. I freakin despise those things. They should be illegal.

post #1357 of 10445
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

no those tabs suck no matter how right you do it. I freakin despise those things. They should be illegal.


If you saw the old tabs... you'd be in love with the new tabs. ;) (Yes, that's how bad they were). HifiMan has come far from those times...

post #1358 of 10445

Any word on when the pre-orders will ship?

post #1359 of 10445

Is someone able to tell me how the Hifiman HE-560 stacks up against the Beyerdynamic T1?

 

Thanks!

post #1360 of 10445

The HE560's running great out of the Hugo and hires music. Using the DX90 as a source right now and a new Whiplash coax cable, that I can actually hear a difference with . Amazing, never though I would hear a difference with a coax cable if all seemed to be of decent quality. This top gear really gets to every bit of the music! 

post #1361 of 10445
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ryder View Post

Any word on when the pre-orders will ship?

been waiting for that shipped email to appear =(. one of the reviewers said he'll be getting the final version next week. next week is also late April so I'm hoping we'll get ours by then.
post #1362 of 10445

Hey how does its soundstage compare to the th900.

post #1363 of 10445
The thing for me is that I am splitting hairs between going for this or a th900. I am leaning towards the th900 because I think the orthos will distort on my amp easier. I just want to know if the th900 has better soundstage.
post #1364 of 10445
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

The thing for me is that I am splitting hairs between going for this or a th900. I am leaning towards the th900 because I think the orthos will distort on my amp easier. I just want to know if the th900 has better soundstage.

Have you tried the TH900? They are overly hyped IMO... price doesn't warrant the performance but they sure are sexy phones. 


Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 4/18/14 at 7:59pm
post #1365 of 10445

Not trying to fuel any of the recent comments, but if you're the type of buyer who likes to be deeply informed before purchases and care about industry comparisons in reviews, then you need to expect to wait weeks or months after the release of new products to get all the information you crave. We're in a pre-order period. This isn't a great time to try and get comprehensive comparisons and "mature" listening opinions based in hundreds of hours of listening. Those reviews come with time after release and shipment.

 

Not everyone is an early adopter type. Frankly, in a market like headphones, sometimes I feel like the early adopters get the shortest end of the stick. There's value in being patient and reaping the benefits of model revisions. The only benefit to buying early is being popular at a few meets and getting audio hipster cred.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =