Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 88

post #1306 of 8287
Headdirect won't ship these to the UK, so I would have to pay ripoff UK dealer prices.

-1 sale.
Edited by DanPluck - 4/15/14 at 6:02am
post #1307 of 8287

You can get it from Germany or any other EU country using €. I'd guess it will be priced 899€ which is nearly the same as importing it from the USA.

post #1308 of 8287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratheriian View Post

You can get it from Germany or any other EU country using €. I'd guess it will be priced 899€ which is nearly the same as importing it from the USA.

It works out significantly more costly.

$899 from the USA, $1240 from Europe and $1540 in the UK..........
Edited by DanPluck - 4/15/14 at 6:19am
post #1309 of 8287
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPluck View Post


It works out significantly more costly.

$899 from the USA, $1240 from Europe and $1540 in the UK..........

Well, there are places in the US where you can get a good deal on these if you know what I mean...

Unless UK customs check every single item's value as it goes through.

post #1310 of 8287

Any good (preferably acoustic) tracks to judge bass performance that are not EDM? Which tracks do you use to evaluate bass performance?

post #1311 of 8287
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

The overall tone of any headphone is something that I've grown to put more and more importance on. Tone and comfort are now at the very top of my list. 

Tonality is what it is really all about.  Both these new planars I am using are both very comfortable. The P1 is as comfortable.

post #1312 of 8287
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Any good (preferably acoustic) tracks to judge bass performance that are not EDM? Which tracks do you use to evaluate bass performance?

 

I often use the track Would? from Alice in Chains unplugged album for some bass testing, and overall sound quality. Nothing complicated, but just to check if the region where bass guitar/acoustic basses reside is bloated or not.

 

Not sure about lower bass testing in acoustic though.

post #1313 of 8287
From what I gathered from impressions here is that this headphone is actually closer to HE-6 in terms of tonality than it is to HE-500. A lighter, more comfortable and easier to drive HE-6? Because when I saw the price for HE-500 successor I was very disappointed, however if this is the price for the new and improved HE-6 then the price is actually pretty good.
post #1314 of 8287
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sup View Post

From what I gathered from impressions here is that this headphone is actually closer to HE-6 in terms of tonality than it is to HE-500. A lighter, more comfortable and easier to drive HE-6? Because when I saw the price for HE-500 successor I was very disappointed, however if this is the price for the new and improved HE-6 then the price is actually pretty good.

This is not the HE-6 successor. The HE-560 is made to fall in between HE-6 and HE-500.

 

HE-400i is made to replace HE-500 and render HE-400 obsolete as I see it.

post #1315 of 8287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

Tonality is what it is really all about.  Both these new planars I am using are both very comfortable. The P1 is as comfortable.

 

Do you prefer one of them in terms of comfort?

Which one is better built?

post #1316 of 8287

subbed

post #1317 of 8287
Quote:
Originally Posted by frix View Post
 

 

Do you prefer one of them in terms of comfort?

Which one is better built?

They are both comfortable. I prefer the build of the P1

post #1318 of 8287
Guess it's too soon to comment on the soundstage.
post #1319 of 8287

no actually both have excellent sound stage and transparency.

post #1320 of 8287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

no actually both have excellent sound stage and transparency.

That's good news for everyone then!
I wonder if they're more different or alike
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =