I hope they start selling the new ear pads soon. Can they be pre-ordered too? lol
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- CanJam Music Appreciation Contest Last post on 4/17/15 at 10:58am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Help: Static Pops with HIFIMAN HE-560 Planar Headphones. What's up? Last post on 4/9/15 at 10:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMAN @ StereoExchange Headphone Event Thursday March 19 in New York City Last post on 3/28/15 at 11:01pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 82
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess we won't be seeing any deal for the HE-560 anytime soon...
Maybe an open box/demo or if someone buys and doesn't like it, which seems unlikely at this time with all the hype.
Small observation: I find that I like the tonal balance a bit more when I press the headphones in so that the earpads are slightly squished on my head, and the drivers closer to my ears / the seal more complete.
Edited by jerg - 4/11/14 at 6:57pm
That's possible, and if it's the case then people would want a "burn-in while worn" time lol. Or maybe a dummy head when burning in.
You could just place it on a stand that compressed the pads a bit. Let it play for several days and also compress the pads at the same time.
Actually the pad compression makes an appreciable difference on the clamp and sound of those 650's.
Edited by MattTCG - 4/12/14 at 7:08am
Eh I'll just be patient and have the pads "wear in" naturally through use.
There were measurements actually, that suggested evening-out of the frequency response of HD650s after their earpads have been in use for some time and compressed a bit.
The fortunate thing is that these new HFM headbands apply an even, perfect clamping force over a wide range of head widths. It must be the way the spring steel is shaped (rectangular instead of circular), the margin of wearability is much higher. And that means it won't be too clampy for big heads / too loose for small heads.
Edited by jerg - 4/12/14 at 3:12pm
The old version, or the updated version?
not sure. I know it will be soon and assuming it will be the end fo the month.
Seeing the PM-1 rolls off the treble sooner than the LCD-X is a bit of a bummer for me... I love air, with a <12khz massive roll-off there'll be practically none ;/ Oh well, makes the choice so much easier though. 200 bucks cheaper with the baffle fixed... Bring it ;D
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › What's wrong with Musical Fidelity? 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster MKII appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 5 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2