I hope they start selling the new ear pads soon. Can they be pre-ordered too? lol
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Don't miss the special event at Stereo Exchange in NYC Wed June 22 Last post on 6/23/16 at 7:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Clearance Sale at Head-Direct!!! Last post on 3/13/16 at 2:03pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Thursday March 17, 2016 Woo Audio Launch at Stereo Exchange with Fang Bian of HiFiMAN Last post on 3/15/16 at 10:13am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 82
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess we won't be seeing any deal for the HE-560 anytime soon...
Maybe an open box/demo or if someone buys and doesn't like it, which seems unlikely at this time with all the hype.
Small observation: I find that I like the tonal balance a bit more when I press the headphones in so that the earpads are slightly squished on my head, and the drivers closer to my ears / the seal more complete.
Edited by jerg - 4/11/14 at 6:57pm
That's possible, and if it's the case then people would want a "burn-in while worn" time lol. Or maybe a dummy head when burning in.
You could just place it on a stand that compressed the pads a bit. Let it play for several days and also compress the pads at the same time.
Actually the pad compression makes an appreciable difference on the clamp and sound of those 650's.
Edited by MattTCG - 4/12/14 at 7:08am
Eh I'll just be patient and have the pads "wear in" naturally through use.
There were measurements actually, that suggested evening-out of the frequency response of HD650s after their earpads have been in use for some time and compressed a bit.
The fortunate thing is that these new HFM headbands apply an even, perfect clamping force over a wide range of head widths. It must be the way the spring steel is shaped (rectangular instead of circular), the margin of wearability is much higher. And that means it won't be too clampy for big heads / too loose for small heads.
Edited by jerg - 4/12/14 at 3:12pm
The old version, or the updated version?
not sure. I know it will be soon and assuming it will be the end fo the month.
Seeing the PM-1 rolls off the treble sooner than the LCD-X is a bit of a bummer for me... I love air, with a <12khz massive roll-off there'll be practically none ;/ Oh well, makes the choice so much easier though. 200 bucks cheaper with the baffle fixed... Bring it ;D
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 9 seconds ago
- › JLAB EPIC2 Bluetooth Headphone Review 58 seconds ago
- › NEW Sony XBA-300 59 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Popular Classical Music 1 minute ago
- › I beg everyone please help me 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...