I hope they start selling the new ear pads soon. Can they be pre-ordered too? lol
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/30/16 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 82
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess we won't be seeing any deal for the HE-560 anytime soon...
Maybe an open box/demo or if someone buys and doesn't like it, which seems unlikely at this time with all the hype.
Small observation: I find that I like the tonal balance a bit more when I press the headphones in so that the earpads are slightly squished on my head, and the drivers closer to my ears / the seal more complete.
Edited by jerg - 4/11/14 at 6:57pm
That's possible, and if it's the case then people would want a "burn-in while worn" time lol. Or maybe a dummy head when burning in.
You could just place it on a stand that compressed the pads a bit. Let it play for several days and also compress the pads at the same time.
Actually the pad compression makes an appreciable difference on the clamp and sound of those 650's.
Edited by MattTCG - 4/12/14 at 7:08am
Eh I'll just be patient and have the pads "wear in" naturally through use.
There were measurements actually, that suggested evening-out of the frequency response of HD650s after their earpads have been in use for some time and compressed a bit.
The fortunate thing is that these new HFM headbands apply an even, perfect clamping force over a wide range of head widths. It must be the way the spring steel is shaped (rectangular instead of circular), the margin of wearability is much higher. And that means it won't be too clampy for big heads / too loose for small heads.
Edited by jerg - 4/12/14 at 3:12pm
The old version, or the updated version?
not sure. I know it will be soon and assuming it will be the end fo the month.
Seeing the PM-1 rolls off the treble sooner than the LCD-X is a bit of a bummer for me... I love air, with a <12khz massive roll-off there'll be practically none ;/ Oh well, makes the choice so much easier though. 200 bucks cheaper with the baffle fixed... Bring it ;D
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 42 seconds ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of... 1 minute ago
- › HD 600/650 or HE-400S/i or T90 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Best IEMS under 300-350$? 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 7 minutes ago
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear