I hope they start selling the new ear pads soon. Can they be pre-ordered too? lol
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Congratulations! HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Won... Last post on 4/5/17 at 11:59am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Announcing the HIFIMAN HE1000 International Photography Contest Last post on 4/21/17 at 2:57am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 12/26/16 at 5:31am in Portable Source Gear
Lately, it seems that I’ve found myself more and more frequently using high power requirement cans on the go. The downside with that is that my phone & likely not even my DAP has enough juice...
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Introduction Meze 99 Neo – The new classic headphone from Meze. Meze 99 Neo is the new headphone, or rather a headphone with a twist from the Romanian headphone producer Meze....
The AKG K550 revisited. At the time, shortly after I bought my Audio Technica A900Xs I had auditioned the AKG's and I felt my choice for the A900Xs was the right one. I felt the K550s had this...
I have got these recently and I am very happy with my purchase. Denon has not failed me so far and I have used few of their products. I think somebody in Denon knows that the high quality will make...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 82
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess we won't be seeing any deal for the HE-560 anytime soon...
Maybe an open box/demo or if someone buys and doesn't like it, which seems unlikely at this time with all the hype.
Small observation: I find that I like the tonal balance a bit more when I press the headphones in so that the earpads are slightly squished on my head, and the drivers closer to my ears / the seal more complete.
Edited by jerg - 4/11/14 at 6:57pm
That's possible, and if it's the case then people would want a "burn-in while worn" time lol. Or maybe a dummy head when burning in.
You could just place it on a stand that compressed the pads a bit. Let it play for several days and also compress the pads at the same time.
Actually the pad compression makes an appreciable difference on the clamp and sound of those 650's.
Edited by MattTCG - 4/12/14 at 7:08am
Eh I'll just be patient and have the pads "wear in" naturally through use.
There were measurements actually, that suggested evening-out of the frequency response of HD650s after their earpads have been in use for some time and compressed a bit.
The fortunate thing is that these new HFM headbands apply an even, perfect clamping force over a wide range of head widths. It must be the way the spring steel is shaped (rectangular instead of circular), the margin of wearability is much higher. And that means it won't be too clampy for big heads / too loose for small heads.
Edited by jerg - 4/12/14 at 3:12pm
The old version, or the updated version?
not sure. I know it will be soon and assuming it will be the end fo the month.
Seeing the PM-1 rolls off the treble sooner than the LCD-X is a bit of a bummer for me... I love air, with a <12khz massive roll-off there'll be practically none ;/ Oh well, makes the choice so much easier though. 200 bucks cheaper with the baffle fixed... Bring it ;D
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Band Name Game II 13 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 16 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 52 seconds ago
- › Periodic Audio IEMs Mg, Ti, Be 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Meze 99 Neo by Dobrescu George
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear