I hope they start selling the new ear pads soon. Can they be pre-ordered too? lol
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 8:45 pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Changes to HIFIMAN Warranty Policy Last post on 5/11/15 at 10:17pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- CanJam Music Appreciation Contest Last post on 4/29/15 at 4:41pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 82
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess we won't be seeing any deal for the HE-560 anytime soon...
Maybe an open box/demo or if someone buys and doesn't like it, which seems unlikely at this time with all the hype.
Small observation: I find that I like the tonal balance a bit more when I press the headphones in so that the earpads are slightly squished on my head, and the drivers closer to my ears / the seal more complete.
Edited by jerg - 4/11/14 at 6:57pm
That's possible, and if it's the case then people would want a "burn-in while worn" time lol. Or maybe a dummy head when burning in.
You could just place it on a stand that compressed the pads a bit. Let it play for several days and also compress the pads at the same time.
Actually the pad compression makes an appreciable difference on the clamp and sound of those 650's.
Edited by MattTCG - 4/12/14 at 7:08am
Eh I'll just be patient and have the pads "wear in" naturally through use.
There were measurements actually, that suggested evening-out of the frequency response of HD650s after their earpads have been in use for some time and compressed a bit.
The fortunate thing is that these new HFM headbands apply an even, perfect clamping force over a wide range of head widths. It must be the way the spring steel is shaped (rectangular instead of circular), the margin of wearability is much higher. And that means it won't be too clampy for big heads / too loose for small heads.
Edited by jerg - 4/12/14 at 3:12pm
The old version, or the updated version?
not sure. I know it will be soon and assuming it will be the end fo the month.
Seeing the PM-1 rolls off the treble sooner than the LCD-X is a bit of a bummer for me... I love air, with a <12khz massive roll-off there'll be practically none ;/ Oh well, makes the choice so much easier though. 200 bucks cheaper with the baffle fixed... Bring it ;D
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 22 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Budget amp for HD 598 and DT 880 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Can someone tell me what headphones these are? 3 minutes ago
- › FIIO OTG Support Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 5 minutes ago
- › Why boosting 30 Hz by 30 dB sounds so good... 5 minutes ago
- › Clear Tune Monitors CT-500 Elite Review & Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2