c'mon guys. in germay we are usually paying the same price in € you pay in $. if i got the maths right it would be 1250$ for you in the us. give hfm credit for their philosophy keeping a goog price performance ratio and making big improvements at least in terms of comfort. i mean look at audeze *rolleyes*
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/30/16 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 81
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's more of a theoretical conjecture that single-ended design won't have the uniform and simultaneous push/pull motion for the diaphragm as dual-ended designs, instead the diaphragm is only being pushed or pulled at any given moment. And that in theory means less control for the diaphragm and thus more distortion etc.
The only single-ended orthos available to the public currently are Hifiman's HE4, and JPS's Abyss. Both show some THD disturbances but that cannot be correlated to their single-ended design since their magnet structures as well as tracing layouts are distinctive relative to dual-ended planars available.
Thats what I thought. I have not heard a lot about the he4 or abyss having "distortion".
Purrin measured the HE-4 and it had a measurable spike at 6khz if I remember. He also didn't like it too much for that reason, and an overall lack of meatiness.
Nothing's black and white universal though. For instance the HE-400 has a whole lot of distortion through its lower midrange, but at the same time that could be a result of the magnets not covering the entire diaphragm or the electric tracings being coarse.
The single-ended Abyss and HE4 tend to have higher measured midrange and treble distortion than the dual ended LCD2 and HE6 (as examples).
Obviously other things enter into the design than this one feature, though.
EDIT: Scratch that -- HE400 is a dual-sided design which is what I linked. I think the single- vs dual-sided magnet design is a secondary issue.
EDIT #2: The HE4 is the single-sided design. So, I've removed my link to the HE400 frequency response to avoid confusion.
Edited by jazzman7 - 4/16/14 at 10:37am
I'm 80% sure that HeadphoneAddict is a mafia guy (look at all his 'stats in his profile page), it was him who first made the comment that these have stats-like treble.
By no means bad, but I was able to further improve imaging (especially depth) and transparency with the not so costly Meier Audio Corda Jazz. I hope its powerful enough to properly drive the he560 and/or he400i. Someday I have to test what a separate dac can add to the experience. But first things first. Better phones on the way
Pretty sure the HE-4 was discontinued a while back, but some stocks remained.
Don't think so. Haven't found a place for that.
Looks like it's "Every Day low price" deal, which might disable any coupon.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Why are the HD650 way more fatiguing than HD595? 16 seconds ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW Fostex TR-70, TR-80 & TR-90 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄ ★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 2 minutes ago
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear