c'mon guys. in germay we are usually paying the same price in € you pay in $. if i got the maths right it would be 1250$ for you in the us. give hfm credit for their philosophy keeping a goog price performance ratio and making big improvements at least in terms of comfort. i mean look at audeze *rolleyes*
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HiFiMAN HE-350 Headphone Review by mark2410 Last post on 8/11/16 at 3:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE1000 V2 and EDX V2 Are Coming Soon Last post on 8/23/16 at 3:45am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Don't miss the special event at Stereo Exchange in NYC Wed June 22 Last post on 7/11/16 at 8:36pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content may be a no-brainer for most; it's just there for the less informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 81
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's more of a theoretical conjecture that single-ended design won't have the uniform and simultaneous push/pull motion for the diaphragm as dual-ended designs, instead the diaphragm is only being pushed or pulled at any given moment. And that in theory means less control for the diaphragm and thus more distortion etc.
The only single-ended orthos available to the public currently are Hifiman's HE4, and JPS's Abyss. Both show some THD disturbances but that cannot be correlated to their single-ended design since their magnet structures as well as tracing layouts are distinctive relative to dual-ended planars available.
Thats what I thought. I have not heard a lot about the he4 or abyss having "distortion".
Purrin measured the HE-4 and it had a measurable spike at 6khz if I remember. He also didn't like it too much for that reason, and an overall lack of meatiness.
Nothing's black and white universal though. For instance the HE-400 has a whole lot of distortion through its lower midrange, but at the same time that could be a result of the magnets not covering the entire diaphragm or the electric tracings being coarse.
The single-ended Abyss and HE4 tend to have higher measured midrange and treble distortion than the dual ended LCD2 and HE6 (as examples).
Obviously other things enter into the design than this one feature, though.
EDIT: Scratch that -- HE400 is a dual-sided design which is what I linked. I think the single- vs dual-sided magnet design is a secondary issue.
EDIT #2: The HE4 is the single-sided design. So, I've removed my link to the HE400 frequency response to avoid confusion.
Edited by jazzman7 - 4/16/14 at 10:37am
I'm 80% sure that HeadphoneAddict is a mafia guy (look at all his 'stats in his profile page), it was him who first made the comment that these have stats-like treble.
By no means bad, but I was able to further improve imaging (especially depth) and transparency with the not so costly Meier Audio Corda Jazz. I hope its powerful enough to properly drive the he560 and/or he400i. Someday I have to test what a separate dac can add to the experience. But first things first. Better phones on the way
Pretty sure the HE-4 was discontinued a while back, but some stocks remained.
Don't think so. Haven't found a place for that.
Looks like it's "Every Day low price" deal, which might disable any coupon.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Three Word Story 2 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 54 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 59 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...