c'mon guys. in germay we are usually paying the same price in € you pay in $. if i got the maths right it would be 1250$ for you in the us. give hfm credit for their philosophy keeping a goog price performance ratio and making big improvements at least in terms of comfort. i mean look at audeze *rolleyes*
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Head-Direct Cable Clearance Sale!! Last post on 6/11/15 at 10:07am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 1:07 am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Changes to HIFIMAN Warranty Policy Last post on 5/11/15 at 10:17pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 81
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's more of a theoretical conjecture that single-ended design won't have the uniform and simultaneous push/pull motion for the diaphragm as dual-ended designs, instead the diaphragm is only being pushed or pulled at any given moment. And that in theory means less control for the diaphragm and thus more distortion etc.
The only single-ended orthos available to the public currently are Hifiman's HE4, and JPS's Abyss. Both show some THD disturbances but that cannot be correlated to their single-ended design since their magnet structures as well as tracing layouts are distinctive relative to dual-ended planars available.
Thats what I thought. I have not heard a lot about the he4 or abyss having "distortion".
Purrin measured the HE-4 and it had a measurable spike at 6khz if I remember. He also didn't like it too much for that reason, and an overall lack of meatiness.
Nothing's black and white universal though. For instance the HE-400 has a whole lot of distortion through its lower midrange, but at the same time that could be a result of the magnets not covering the entire diaphragm or the electric tracings being coarse.
The single-ended Abyss and HE4 tend to have higher measured midrange and treble distortion than the dual ended LCD2 and HE6 (as examples).
Obviously other things enter into the design than this one feature, though.
EDIT: Scratch that -- HE400 is a dual-sided design which is what I linked. I think the single- vs dual-sided magnet design is a secondary issue.
EDIT #2: The HE4 is the single-sided design. So, I've removed my link to the HE400 frequency response to avoid confusion.
Edited by jazzman7 - 4/16/14 at 10:37am
I'm 80% sure that HeadphoneAddict is a mafia guy (look at all his 'stats in his profile page), it was him who first made the comment that these have stats-like treble.
By no means bad, but I was able to further improve imaging (especially depth) and transparency with the not so costly Meier Audio Corda Jazz. I hope its powerful enough to properly drive the he560 and/or he400i. Someday I have to test what a separate dac can add to the experience. But first things first. Better phones on the way
Pretty sure the HE-4 was discontinued a while back, but some stocks remained.
Don't think so. Haven't found a place for that.
Looks like it's "Every Day low price" deal, which might disable any coupon.
Those coupons are not good for certain brands, Hifiman being one of them.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 6 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 10 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 30 seconds ago
- › The Ghost in the MP3 40 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 53 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › Fostex HP-V8 Pure Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier Announced! 1 minute ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 3 minutes ago
- › Universal IEM With Great Balance 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE 800 (Price drop, this is my bottom dollar) 4 minutes ago
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3