c'mon guys. in germay we are usually paying the same price in € you pay in $. if i got the maths right it would be 1250$ for you in the us. give hfm credit for their philosophy keeping a goog price performance ratio and making big improvements at least in terms of comfort. i mean look at audeze *rolleyes*
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:47 pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Changes to HIFIMAN Warranty Policy Last post on 5/11/15 at 10:17pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- CanJam Music Appreciation Contest Last post on 4/29/15 at 4:41pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 81
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's more of a theoretical conjecture that single-ended design won't have the uniform and simultaneous push/pull motion for the diaphragm as dual-ended designs, instead the diaphragm is only being pushed or pulled at any given moment. And that in theory means less control for the diaphragm and thus more distortion etc.
The only single-ended orthos available to the public currently are Hifiman's HE4, and JPS's Abyss. Both show some THD disturbances but that cannot be correlated to their single-ended design since their magnet structures as well as tracing layouts are distinctive relative to dual-ended planars available.
Thats what I thought. I have not heard a lot about the he4 or abyss having "distortion".
Purrin measured the HE-4 and it had a measurable spike at 6khz if I remember. He also didn't like it too much for that reason, and an overall lack of meatiness.
Nothing's black and white universal though. For instance the HE-400 has a whole lot of distortion through its lower midrange, but at the same time that could be a result of the magnets not covering the entire diaphragm or the electric tracings being coarse.
The single-ended Abyss and HE4 tend to have higher measured midrange and treble distortion than the dual ended LCD2 and HE6 (as examples).
Obviously other things enter into the design than this one feature, though.
EDIT: Scratch that -- HE400 is a dual-sided design which is what I linked. I think the single- vs dual-sided magnet design is a secondary issue.
EDIT #2: The HE4 is the single-sided design. So, I've removed my link to the HE400 frequency response to avoid confusion.
Edited by jazzman7 - 4/16/14 at 10:37am
I'm 80% sure that HeadphoneAddict is a mafia guy (look at all his 'stats in his profile page), it was him who first made the comment that these have stats-like treble.
By no means bad, but I was able to further improve imaging (especially depth) and transparency with the not so costly Meier Audio Corda Jazz. I hope its powerful enough to properly drive the he560 and/or he400i. Someday I have to test what a separate dac can add to the experience. But first things first. Better phones on the way
Pretty sure the HE-4 was discontinued a while back, but some stocks remained.
Don't think so. Haven't found a place for that.
Looks like it's "Every Day low price" deal, which might disable any coupon.
Those coupons are not good for certain brands, Hifiman being one of them.
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand + Appreciation 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 13 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 14 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2