I'd like to see a picture of them being worn, if you wouldn't mind.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Announcing the HIFIMAN HE1000 International Photography Contest Last post on 3/20/17 at 7:28am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 12/26/16 at 5:31am in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Preamble: Etymotic Research, founded in 1983 in the USA by Mead Killion (http://www.etymotic.com/about-us/interview-with-mead), a man that I highly respect, is widely...
It’s been a year since I started writing/filming reviews, and it all began with the ZMF Vibro Mk. I in cornflower blue. I found the sound very fun, found the bass ports interesting and thought they...
Accutone Pisces HD Review: Everything The Pisces Should Have Been This is another entry into my Accutone IEM marathon. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Accutone, they are a Chinese...
Beyerdynamic DT 480 - 25 ohm(with some mods) This is a review of the Beyerdynamic DT 480, I believe the only other headphone that shares a driver with the DT 48, the original dynamic headphone....
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
FR, bass impact, extension etc. things that are very easy to determine right off the bat.
It's gonna be hard to take a selfie that shows the fit of the headphones in a good angle, I can try I guess.
I'm just sort of passively listening through it for the last 10 mins or so while doing other stuff. Two traits stood out: they are really open-sounding (I mean almost holographic), and the treble is really extended and snappy.
Give me a few minutes at least to compose my thoughts on these, I don't want to give off initial impressions that are way off (a mistake I used to make :P)
No box, different cable. Yep, they are :D [It's been mentioned before]
Pretty damn good fit, after some finickying around. The strap headband really distributes the weight, and the earpads fit near-perfectly with the slight angling and the velour top. You just have to get the headband adjustment right, as well as how much the cups angle inward to form to the face.
Being a fully signed up member of the "fat head club" im a little concerned how well these will fit. I have to extend the HE500 to the maximum when using JS money pads and the comfort pad from ebay.
I did a few sinewave sweeps..
It's more or less flat all across; there seems to be a bit of a dip around 7kHz but that is it.
Extension in the treble is better than HE500/400, it goes closer to 15kHz before petering out. I'm not sure if that's just my ears though.
Bass is a bit interesting. It doesn't have the slight upward tilt as you go down toward 30 Hz, unlike HE500, instead it is flat with maybe a very slight slope down below 50 Hz. The audible extension itself gets to 20 Hz though. It's a quite clean-sounding bass. I can't comment on the punch/impact yet, that remains to be seen with music tests.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 12:41pm
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › New headphones recommendations for a starter 22 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 28 seconds ago
- › accuracy is subjective 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › How do we hear height in a recording with earphones 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 8 minutes ago
- › High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 8 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear