I'd like to see a picture of them being worn, if you wouldn't mind.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/30/16 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
FR, bass impact, extension etc. things that are very easy to determine right off the bat.
It's gonna be hard to take a selfie that shows the fit of the headphones in a good angle, I can try I guess.
I'm just sort of passively listening through it for the last 10 mins or so while doing other stuff. Two traits stood out: they are really open-sounding (I mean almost holographic), and the treble is really extended and snappy.
Give me a few minutes at least to compose my thoughts on these, I don't want to give off initial impressions that are way off (a mistake I used to make :P)
No box, different cable. Yep, they are :D [It's been mentioned before]
Pretty damn good fit, after some finickying around. The strap headband really distributes the weight, and the earpads fit near-perfectly with the slight angling and the velour top. You just have to get the headband adjustment right, as well as how much the cups angle inward to form to the face.
Being a fully signed up member of the "fat head club" im a little concerned how well these will fit. I have to extend the HE500 to the maximum when using JS money pads and the comfort pad from ebay.
I did a few sinewave sweeps..
It's more or less flat all across; there seems to be a bit of a dip around 7kHz but that is it.
Extension in the treble is better than HE500/400, it goes closer to 15kHz before petering out. I'm not sure if that's just my ears though.
Bass is a bit interesting. It doesn't have the slight upward tilt as you go down toward 30 Hz, unlike HE500, instead it is flat with maybe a very slight slope down below 50 Hz. The audible extension itself gets to 20 Hz though. It's a quite clean-sounding bass. I can't comment on the punch/impact yet, that remains to be seen with music tests.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 12:41pm
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Flare Audio – FLARES® – (R2.x successor) KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN 20 seconds ago
- › Transform your Journey - Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless headphones... 51 seconds ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 7 minutes ago
- › Hi ALL!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Amp and headphone combo used $800 9 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 11 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 15 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 16 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear