I'd like to see a picture of them being worn, if you wouldn't mind.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/30/16 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
FR, bass impact, extension etc. things that are very easy to determine right off the bat.
It's gonna be hard to take a selfie that shows the fit of the headphones in a good angle, I can try I guess.
I'm just sort of passively listening through it for the last 10 mins or so while doing other stuff. Two traits stood out: they are really open-sounding (I mean almost holographic), and the treble is really extended and snappy.
Give me a few minutes at least to compose my thoughts on these, I don't want to give off initial impressions that are way off (a mistake I used to make :P)
No box, different cable. Yep, they are :D [It's been mentioned before]
Pretty damn good fit, after some finickying around. The strap headband really distributes the weight, and the earpads fit near-perfectly with the slight angling and the velour top. You just have to get the headband adjustment right, as well as how much the cups angle inward to form to the face.
Being a fully signed up member of the "fat head club" im a little concerned how well these will fit. I have to extend the HE500 to the maximum when using JS money pads and the comfort pad from ebay.
I did a few sinewave sweeps..
It's more or less flat all across; there seems to be a bit of a dip around 7kHz but that is it.
Extension in the treble is better than HE500/400, it goes closer to 15kHz before petering out. I'm not sure if that's just my ears though.
Bass is a bit interesting. It doesn't have the slight upward tilt as you go down toward 30 Hz, unlike HE500, instead it is flat with maybe a very slight slope down below 50 Hz. The audible extension itself gets to 20 Hz though. It's a quite clean-sounding bass. I can't comment on the punch/impact yet, that remains to be seen with music tests.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 12:41pm
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KAISER ENCORE and SAGE 8 seconds ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 30 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 41 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear