I'd like to see a picture of them being worn, if you wouldn't mind.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/30/16 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
FR, bass impact, extension etc. things that are very easy to determine right off the bat.
It's gonna be hard to take a selfie that shows the fit of the headphones in a good angle, I can try I guess.
I'm just sort of passively listening through it for the last 10 mins or so while doing other stuff. Two traits stood out: they are really open-sounding (I mean almost holographic), and the treble is really extended and snappy.
Give me a few minutes at least to compose my thoughts on these, I don't want to give off initial impressions that are way off (a mistake I used to make :P)
No box, different cable. Yep, they are :D [It's been mentioned before]
Pretty damn good fit, after some finickying around. The strap headband really distributes the weight, and the earpads fit near-perfectly with the slight angling and the velour top. You just have to get the headband adjustment right, as well as how much the cups angle inward to form to the face.
Being a fully signed up member of the "fat head club" im a little concerned how well these will fit. I have to extend the HE500 to the maximum when using JS money pads and the comfort pad from ebay.
I did a few sinewave sweeps..
It's more or less flat all across; there seems to be a bit of a dip around 7kHz but that is it.
Extension in the treble is better than HE500/400, it goes closer to 15kHz before petering out. I'm not sure if that's just my ears though.
Bass is a bit interesting. It doesn't have the slight upward tilt as you go down toward 30 Hz, unlike HE500, instead it is flat with maybe a very slight slope down below 50 Hz. The audible extension itself gets to 20 Hz though. It's a quite clean-sounding bass. I can't comment on the punch/impact yet, that remains to be seen with music tests.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 12:41pm
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs... 3 minutes ago
- › AURALiC TAURUS MKII Headphone Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear