I'd like to see a picture of them being worn, if you wouldn't mind.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/30/16 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
FR, bass impact, extension etc. things that are very easy to determine right off the bat.
It's gonna be hard to take a selfie that shows the fit of the headphones in a good angle, I can try I guess.
I'm just sort of passively listening through it for the last 10 mins or so while doing other stuff. Two traits stood out: they are really open-sounding (I mean almost holographic), and the treble is really extended and snappy.
Give me a few minutes at least to compose my thoughts on these, I don't want to give off initial impressions that are way off (a mistake I used to make :P)
No box, different cable. Yep, they are :D [It's been mentioned before]
Pretty damn good fit, after some finickying around. The strap headband really distributes the weight, and the earpads fit near-perfectly with the slight angling and the velour top. You just have to get the headband adjustment right, as well as how much the cups angle inward to form to the face.
Being a fully signed up member of the "fat head club" im a little concerned how well these will fit. I have to extend the HE500 to the maximum when using JS money pads and the comfort pad from ebay.
I did a few sinewave sweeps..
It's more or less flat all across; there seems to be a bit of a dip around 7kHz but that is it.
Extension in the treble is better than HE500/400, it goes closer to 15kHz before petering out. I'm not sure if that's just my ears though.
Bass is a bit interesting. It doesn't have the slight upward tilt as you go down toward 30 Hz, unlike HE500, instead it is flat with maybe a very slight slope down below 50 Hz. The audible extension itself gets to 20 Hz though. It's a quite clean-sounding bass. I can't comment on the punch/impact yet, that remains to be seen with music tests.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 12:41pm
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Evshrug's "If I knew then what I know now" discussion journal. 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › HeadAmp Pico DAC/Amp now on Massdrop! 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a specific type of closed-back headphone, for travel: 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 5 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs... 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 6 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes W900 Hybrid Flagship Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear