or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 78

post #1156 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

Thinner diaphragm and single-ended = faster sound and clearer?

Single ended usually (I'm not saying in this case as we just don't know yet) = less control of the drivers and higher distortion. Thinner diaphragm usually does = faster/cleaner sound.


Edited by MacedonianHero - 4/10/14 at 5:57pm
post #1157 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Single ended usually = not good...less control of the drivers and higher distortion. Thinner diaphragm usually does = faster/cleaner sound.

That's typically the case.  I just wonder if HFM has found some magical ways to improve this orthodox.

post #1158 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

That's typically the case.  I just wonder if HFM has found some magical ways to improve this orthodox.

I really wanna hear them and see how they measure. We shall see. :o

post #1159 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

I really wanna hear them and see how they measure. We shall see. :o

Me too.  I am holding out on HE-6 purchase to see how the 560 turns out.  If 560 is voiced after HE-6 and can be really close in SQ, the comfort factor might win me over.

post #1160 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

Me too.  I am holding out on HE-6 purchase to see how the 560 turns out.  If 560 is voiced after HE-6 and can be really close in SQ, the comfort factor might win me over.

I would think that with the HE400i and HE-560s a successor to the HE-6s is around the corner.

post #1161 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

I would think that with the HE400i and HE-560s a successor to the HE-6s is around the corner.

Lmao, you shouldn't have told me that.  :D

post #1162 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by koiloco View Post
 

Lmao, you shouldn't have told me that.  :D

Just speculation on my part.

post #1163 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Just speculation on my part.

logical speculation though.

post #1164 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

I would think that with the HE400i and HE-560s a successor to the HE-6s is around the corner.

 

Isn't it always? :D

post #1165 of 17297

I think it was mentioned before that the sucessor to HE-6 is a little bit far away for the moment. I think HifiMan said they will release the Jade sucessor first and then look into an HE-6 sucessor. Probably much later this year or maybe early next year. I don't have that kind of patience, so I'm getting the HE-560 or 400i or more likely both given how sick in the head I am.

post #1166 of 17297

I believe an Electrostatic is in the works...?

post #1167 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

I think HifiMan said they will release the Jade sucessor first

 

If hifiman can make the jade successor be at the 009s level of sq for around 2k, I will be the happiest man on earth :D

post #1168 of 17297

Just switched back to the HE560. The soundstage is excellent and the treble is nicely extended. The Hifiman do very well with treble in general. I can hear air around the instruments and am using it balanced on the GSX Mk2 which gives it more power than single ended .I am fully balanced with the MK2.  Listening to Rob Wasserman Trilogy. The soundstage is wide open and signature is very transparent.  The balanced GSAX Mk2 is really bringing everything out in this recording. What a spooky transparent recording.TheHE560 makes me feel like I am in the studio with this recording.


Edited by Frank I - 4/10/14 at 9:18pm
post #1169 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

Just switched back to the HE560. The soundstage is excellent and the treble is nicely extended. The Hifiman do very well with treble in general. I can hear air around the instruments and am using it balanced on the GSX Mk2 which gives it more power than single ended .I am fully balanced with the MK2.  Listening to Rob Wasserman Trilogy. The soundstage is wide open and signature is very transparent.  The balanced GSAX Mk2 is really bringing everything out in this recording. What a spooky transparent recording.TheHE560 makes me feel like I am in the studio with this recording.

I'm sure you've had your share of experience with electrostatic headphones (I don't); do you think the HE560 treble approaches 'stats in terms of transient speed and micro-detail extraction?

post #1170 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Single ended usually (I'm not saying in this case as we just don't know yet) = less control of the drivers and higher distortion. Thinner diaphragm usually does = faster/cleaner sound.

 

I think the HE-4 is a SE driver.  How do they measure?  IIRC the driver didn't have any control issues, with the amps I had anyway..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =