or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 77

post #1141 of 17297

My neck's never the problem with audeze headphones, it's always the top of my head.  :(

post #1142 of 17297

^^ yep

post #1143 of 17297

I think Audeze headbands are really badly designed. Even the current Hifiman's more are way more comfortable than Audeze's due to the high curvature of their headbands: "What's wrong with these headphones?" vs. "Mmm.. these sound good!"


Edited by zxc - 4/30/14 at 8:08pm
post #1144 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

My neck's never the problem with audeze headphones, it's always the top of my head.  :(


Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

^^ yep

That's why we should get PM-1 to solve the problem plus it will save us some money
post #1145 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post





That's why we should get PM-1 to solve the problem plus it will save us some money

The interesting thing is, since the Oppos were said to be relatively closed-sounding (with its semi-open design and small driver apertures), it could very well be an Audeze contender because of their shared trait in that regard. It's the opposite with HE560 which is slightly more open-sounding than HE400, and many times more open than HE500.

post #1146 of 17297

I do not find the Oppo closed in or closed sounding They actually have opened up  more and when used with the WA5 the sound stage is wide and deeper than my GSX Mk2. It is terrific on the AK240 as well.   I think there are things when all is said and done they each do a little differently and some of the 560 is better than the Oppo and things in the Oppo are better than the 560. In my limited time so far with both they are both serious headphones that contend well with the Audeze headphones but  I need to hear more before I compare them to the more expensive LCD X which is one of my reference headphones.. I think when you get to this level,all of these orthos offer different strength and different weakness. There are tradeoffs on most any product.

 

I do not think there is what is better it is more of what each individual prefers or buy them all better yet. It certainly is nice to have all these choices.


Edited by Frank I - 4/10/14 at 4:45pm
post #1147 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post





That's why we should get PM-1 to solve the problem plus it will save us some money

The interesting thing is, since the Oppos were said to be relatively closed-sounding (with its semi-open design and small driver apertures), it could very well be an Audeze contender because of their shared trait in that regard. It's the opposite with HE560 which is slightly more open-sounding than HE400, and many times more open than HE500.

I had no chance to hear HE-560 yet but heard PM-1 and LCD-3/X on the same setups at NYC meet that's why i posted such a comment because of their similarity in sound so i see no reason to spend money on LCDs and suffer pain when i can get PM-1 and either save or do an upgrade , if needed, and enjoy my music for hours
post #1148 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post


I had no chance to hear HE-560 yet but heard PM-1 and LCD-3/X on the same setups at NYC meet that's why i posted such a comment because of their similarity in sound so i see no reason to spend money on LCDs and suffer pain when i can get PM-1 and either save or do an upgrade , if needed, and enjoy my music for hours

Indeed; one of the biggest issues with planars has been lack of comfort mostly due to weight but also poor ergonomics, it's good to finally get away from that.

post #1149 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

I do not find the Oppo closed in or closed sounding They actually have opened up  more and when used with the WA5 the sound stage is wide and deeper than my GSX Mk2. It is terrific on the AK240 as well.   I think there are things when all is said and done they each do a little differently and some of the 560 is better than the Oppo and things in the Oppo are better than the 560. In my limited time so far with both they are both serious headphones that contend well with the Audeze headphones but  I need to hear more before I compare them to the more expensive LCD X which is one of my reference headphones.. I think when you get to this level,all of these orthos offer different strength and different weakness. There are tradeoffs on most any product.

 

I do not think there is what is better it is more of what each individual prefers or buy them all better yet. It certainly is nice to have all these choices.

You see Frank uses and enjoying WA5 while i tried them with WA7 with stock and new power supply with tubes (also tried with EC 2A3) and after swapping the tubes that setup is made in haven with the deep clean punchy extended bass and crystal clear sparkling smooth treble

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
post #1150 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanlamin View Post

Not to bash Audeze, but if Hifiman and Oppo can come up with lighter hp, and they went the opposite direction, then they have not improved their technology. Not to mention, their new models cost twice as much their competitors. Seriously, i think they have taken a huge step behind esp when their new models don't sound gd enough to justify their price tag.

 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the HE-560's drivers single ended (i.e. magnets on one side instead of both sides)? Might explain the weight reduction, but typically at the expense of the sound (and higher distortion). So pick your poison. But I'm not 100% sure about the HE-560's drivers, can someone please confirm?


Edited by MacedonianHero - 4/10/14 at 5:43pm
post #1151 of 17297
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the HE-560's drivers single ended (i.e. magnets on one side instead of both sides)? Might explain the weight reduction, but typically at the expense of the sound (and higher distortion). So pick your poison. But I'm not 100% sure about the HE-560's drivers, can someone please confirm?

HE560 drivers are single-ended; Oppo PM-1 drivers are dual-ended but smaller than Hifiman/Audeze drivers.

 

It'd be interesting to see how the measurements turn out with these new single-ended HFMs (560, 400i), because subjectively the 560s sound much cleaner than my current cans (HE500 / 400).

post #1152 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

You see Frank uses and enjoying WA5 while i tried them with WA7 with stock and new power supply with tubes (also tried with EC 2A3) and after swapping the tubes that setup is made in haven with the deep clean punchy extended bass and crystal clear sparkling smooth treble

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
I was waiting for you to say this and "let the cat out of the bag"...
I have to say this setup with his own tubes implemented made a synergy which I am a witness to hearing,
The difference with his tubes was utter flabbergastingly amazing as the depth and ooomppth and sub bass punch and power increased and made the oppo sing...

I whish the new upcoming power supply came with those military tubes stock,
as it did give an increase in power to the sound.
I would never have believed it myself until I herd it.
Who would have figured that using a tube as a rectifier would alter the power?
post #1153 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

HE560 drivers are single-ended; Oppo PM-1 drivers are dual-ended but smaller than Hifiman/Audeze drivers.

 

It'd be interesting to see how the measurements turn out with these new single-ended HFMs (560, 400i), because subjectively the 560s sound much cleaner than my current cans (HE500 / 400).

Thanks, I thought I read that somewhere, but wasn't 100% it was about the HE-560s. This would explain a good reduction of the overall weight in the headphones, but as I mentioned, I'm curious to see how they measure (i.e. is the distortion the same/better/ or worse).

post #1154 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxc View Post

I think Audeze headbands are really badly designed. Even the current Hifiman's more are way more comfortable than Audeze's due to the high curvature of their headbands: "What's wrong with these headphones?" vs. "Mmm.. these sound good!"



Haha you have to start at an early age to handle the Audeze weight..!


Thanks to them the he560 will feel like a feather..
tongue.gif
post #1155 of 17297
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

HE560 drivers are single-ended; Oppo PM-1 drivers are dual-ended but smaller than Hifiman/Audeze drivers.

 

It'd be interesting to see how the measurements turn out with these new single-ended HFMs (560, 400i), because subjectively the 560s sound much cleaner than my current cans (HE500 / 400).

Thinner diaphragm and single-ended = faster sound and clearer?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =