Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 759

post #11371 of 11383

I got notification that my 560 was delivered today. I was hoping I would get it yesterday but the snow storm delayed it a day. Hopefully I can get to the store before it closes and pick it up.

post #11372 of 11383
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post
 

I got notification that my 560 was delivered today. I was hoping I would get it yesterday but the snow storm delayed it a day. Hopefully I can get to the store before it closes and pick it up.


Just do it man, hope not, only do. Yoda is watching you.

post #11373 of 11383

I'm going to try my best to make it. I always make it 5 minutes before closing if I am able to catch it before they close.

post #11374 of 11383
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post
 

I'm going to try my best to make it. I always make it 5 minutes before closing if I am able to catch it before they close.


Welcome to the 560 club, hopefully you enjoy the headphone as much as most around here seem to.

post #11375 of 11383
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

I'm going to try my best to make it. I always make it 5 minutes before closing if I am able to catch it before they close.

http://youtu.be/BQ4yd2W50No
post #11376 of 11383
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldgroot View Post

Thanks for the pics and explanation Bill, very interesting.

 

No problem! I've posted some general pointers on how to open your pair up below, if you'd like to see all that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sci80899 View Post

 

Thanks Bill, this is very useful. Is it just taking out the ear cups and then removing all the screws?

 

My phones are 3 weeks old and the right side has a slight fizz / buzz at certain frequencies. I've half a mind to send them back to China but not sure if they would replace it with a 'perfect' set given their QC records. May actually try taking them apart to try and do some cleaning myself.  

 

Well, what it entails is... take the ear pads off, unscrew the mounting ring, take the mounting ring and foam piece off, then gently pull the driver baffle out by tugging along the felt pieces. Alternatively, take the grill off and gently push on the magnetic array (make sure you support the other end so the baffle won't just free-fall out).

 

Once you get the baffle out, there are some more nuts and bolts in the back of it that you have to unscrew. After that, you can gently separate the baffle layers to reveal what I photographed up there. Make sure you hold along the edges and not slot anything in between as the diaphragm really is quite thin and can easily tear.

 

If you do end up tearing the diaphragm, I believe carefully taping it back up with thin tape from the front side (no conducting trace) should be able to remedy that just fine without adding significant mass or thickness to the diaphragm. It can be a bit uneven in the front because the stock damping will make sure the diaphragm won't hit the plastic baffle when the headphone is on your head (and dampened by your skull). If you break the seal, the diaphragm will hit the plastic baffle anyway so it doesn't matter. Main point is to get the back side with the conducting traces to be as flat as possible, and without anything weird sticking out.

post #11377 of 11383

Can anybody confirm that the current HE-560 comes with the same cable as this one? Thanks.

 

 

post #11378 of 11383

I know the HE-400i comes with a 3.5mm jack and adapter. That looks like a 6.35mm (1/4") jack

post #11379 of 11383

That is the stock HE-560 cable yes.

post #11380 of 11383

Luckily I was able to pick them up today. I forgot how much the cable sucked in terms of function. The first thing I will be doing is buying a better cable. At this price it should come with a nicer cable like what the HE-6 came with. This is a similar cable to the one the HE-300 or HE-400 came with. I can't remember which one but both of them are very low in their range of headphones. The comfort on the other hand is by far the best I've had in a Hifiman headphone.

post #11381 of 11383
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

Luckily I was able to pick them up today. I forgot how much the cable sucked in terms of function. The first thing I will be doing is buying a better cable. At this price it should come with a nicer cable like what the HE-6 came with. This is a similar cable to the one the HE-300 or HE-400 came with. I can't remember which one but both of them are very low in their range of headphones. The comfort on the other hand is by far the best I've had in a Hifiman headphone.

It's a different cable, new to HiFiman, though I recommend Norne's Draug 2, or Cute and Sonicdefender's Norne SolV Cables.
post #11382 of 11383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post


It's a different cable, new to HiFiman, though I recommend Norne's Draug 2, or Cute and Sonicdefender's Norne SolV Cables.


I certainly love the Solv cable. So well made and when I finally get the chance to isolate the cable from my simultaneously changed amp  I will be able to discuss what I hear from the Solv. I will attempt to do both sighted and blind testing if I can find a helper to make the blind testing work.

post #11383 of 11383

I'm not one for getting expensive cables but rather more functional ones so I'll see what my options are. I wish I had the option to DIY for these kind of situations.

 

I'm glad I go these though. They sounds pretty good with my V800/Lyr 2 combo. I had a bit of regret after buying them since I bought a pair of glasses last week or rather they robbed me. They came way too close to how much my HE-560 cost. I was going to get contacts too but after that price I didn't need them anymore.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =