Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 76

post #1126 of 10906
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanlamin View Post

Not to bash Audeze, but if Hifiman and Oppo can come up with lighter hp, and they went the opposite direction, then they have not improved their technology. Not to mention, their new models cost twice as much their competitors. Seriously, i think they have taken a huge step behind esp when their new models don't sound gd enough to justify their price tag.

+1

 

they need to step it up. I wont even look at an audeze until they do the above.


Edited by grizzlybeast - 4/10/14 at 12:45pm
post #1127 of 10906

Edited by zxc - 4/10/14 at 12:55pm
post #1128 of 10906
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Inb4 Audeze introduces a 250g planar magnetic headphone tomorrow.
Does the box include a pack of balloons and a small Helium tank?
post #1129 of 10906
Thread Starter 

This is gonna be contending for the #1 spot for EDM headphone I think. The 'stat-like treble + some of the best ortho bass I've heard + extreme openness of sound = recipe for mastery with EDM genre.

 

I should probably update my review post with regards to bass. With the baffle fixed now in the official version, and some familiarizing with the overall sound, I just feel that the bass far eclipses what the HE400/500 does for me.


Edited by jerg - 4/10/14 at 1:32pm
post #1130 of 10906
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

This is gonna be contending for the #1 spot for EDM headphone I think. The 'stat-like treble + some of the best ortho bass I've heard + extreme openness of sound = recipe for mastery with EDM genre.

 

I should probably update my review post with regards to bass. With the baffle fixed now in the official version, and some familiarizing with the overall sound, I just feel that the bass far eclipses what the HE400/500 does for me.

 

That's what I'm talkin about!!

 

post #1131 of 10906
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

This is gonna be contending for the #1 spot for EDM headphone I think. The 'stat-like treble + some of the best ortho bass I've heard + extreme openness of sound = recipe for mastery with EDM genre.

 

I should probably update my review post with regards to bass. With the baffle fixed now in the official version, and some familiarizing with the overall sound, I just feel that the bass far eclipses what the HE400/500 does for me.

Jerg- I can't remember if you have heard the Alpha Dogs or not.  They present some the most accurate and natural bass I have ever heard. I am interested in a comparison if you can make one. I felt that the 5LE's had awesome extension and presence, but it was not accurate, and messed with the midrange a bit more than I would like.

post #1132 of 10906
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post
 

Jerg- I can't remember if you have heard the Alpha Dogs or not.  They present some the most accurate and natural bass I have ever heard. I am interested in a comparison if you can make one. I felt that the 5LE's had awesome extension and presence, but it was not accurate, and messed with the midrange a bit more than I would like.

No I have not; I'm sure at least 1 of the other HE560 testers has heard or owns ADs though. The preorders are coming very soon anyhow and people will start getting their HE560s and comparing against every headphone and the next.

 

Or you could ask someone with HE500, HE400, and ADs, as to how they think the ADs' bass stands when A/B'd against the 500s and 400s. Then extrapolate.

 

There's a reason why I'm not a serious reviewer - I don't have the exposure to a huge range of headphones / gear lol. I'm getting these more as a tester, internally I've given Fang a lot of feedback and suggestions in the past 2 weeks.


Edited by jerg - 4/10/14 at 1:44pm
post #1133 of 10906
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

No I have not; I'm sure at least 1 of the other HE560 testers has heard or owns ADs though. The preorders are coming very soon anyhow and people will start getting their HE560s and comparing against every headphone and the next.

 

Or you could ask someone with HE500, HE400, and ADs, as to how they think the ADs' bass stands when A/B'd against the 500s and 400s. Then extrapolate.

 

There's a reason why I'm not a serious reviewer - I don't have the exposure to a huge range of headphones / gear lol. I'm getting these more as a tester, internally I've given Fang a lot of feedback and suggestions in the past 2 weeks.

No problem.  I'm pretty sure I will be comparing them myself in the next few months anyway  :smile_phones:

post #1134 of 10906
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

No I have not; I'm sure at least 1 of the other HE560 testers has heard or owns ADs though. The preorders are coming very soon anyhow and people will start getting their HE560s and comparing against every headphone and the next.

 

Or you could ask someone with HE500, HE400, and ADs, as to how they think the ADs' bass stands when A/B'd against the 500s and 400s. Then extrapolate.

 

There's a reason why I'm not a serious reviewer - I don't have the exposure to a huge range of headphones / gear lol. I'm getting these more as a tester, internally I've given Fang a lot of feedback and suggestions in the past 2 weeks.

So is the unit you got with the baffle fix a retail unit or is anything else going to change?

post #1135 of 10906
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swspiers View Post
 

No problem.  I'm pretty sure I will be comparing them myself in the next few months anyway  :smile_phones:

I'm looking forward to when the floodgates open hehe. Preorders are close, very close.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

So is the unit you got with the baffle fix a retail unit or is anything else going to change?

 

Not a retail unit, just a test unit with the baffle fix implemented. Hifiman said they will polish up a few more cosmetic / design things for the retail batch. The guts are all set / finalized though I think, so the sound coming from these is representative of the retail stuff.


Edited by jerg - 4/10/14 at 1:51pm
post #1136 of 10906
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

I'm looking forward to when the floodgates open hehe. Preorders are close, very close.

 

 

Not a retail unit, just a test unit with the baffle fix implemented. Hifiman said they will polish up a few more cosmetic / design things for the retail batch. The guts are all set / finalized though I think, so the sound coming from these is representative of the retail stuff.

Aight. Thanks.

So the extreme openness you speak of, is that even with stock grilles + cloth? I am not planning to replace the grilles because I am not confident in keeping all the dust out that way, at least initially :] 

I remember the HE-6 sounded very open even in stock form and the 560 seems like it'll have that trait too, maybe even with better bass :eek: 

Thanks.

post #1137 of 10906
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

Aight. Thanks.

So the extreme openness you speak of, is that even with stock grilles + cloth? I am not planning to replace the grilles because I am not confident in keeping all the dust out that way, at least initially :] 

I remember the HE-6 sounded very open even in stock form and the 560 seems like it'll have that trait too, maybe even with better bass :eek: 

Thanks.

It's the innate characteristic of the sound. The grill mod helps with any HFM model but I've always iterated and reiterated again that that is a subtle improvement.

post #1138 of 10906

That is good to hear and i will wait till they send me the final products and then make soe more comments. Jerg got it pretty much covered. Goods news though and cant wait till Fang send me one.

post #1139 of 10906
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 

It's the innate characteristic of the sound. The grill mod helps with any HFM model but I've always iterated and reiterated again that that is a subtle improvement.

Cool, I think I am gonna love this headphone... Though if the Mstage proves insufficient, I might have to spring for something like the Asgard 2 or Compass 2... Hopefully not though ;)

Thanks again Jerg. I think I know all I needed to know for now.

Have a tremendous day man :beerchug:

post #1140 of 10906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

I haven't thought about that, but Audeze needs to seriously modernize!
great sound at expense of weight is only for younger stronger necks,
Which is not their target audience for sales...(!)
 

 

Lead headphone tester for stronger necks.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =