Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- CanJam Music Appreciation Contest Last post on 4/17/15 at 10:58am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Help: Static Pops with HIFIMAN HE-560 Planar Headphones. What's up? Last post on 4/9/15 at 10:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMAN @ StereoExchange Headphone Event Thursday March 19 in New York City Last post on 3/28/15 at 11:01pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
EL-8 fuses the best of many worlds for me. Picture if you will, the deepest, well defined bass you have ever heard. Now add to the picture the warmth only a ribbon tweeter can produce. Top all this...
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hm...I can't seem to take the grill retainer ring off...it might be glued or something.
I took an earpad off though, looks to be a fair bit of changes to the mounting ring as well as the driver baffle ring, and the driver is indeed single-ended with the magnets on the outer face (much like HE4).
Maybe the grill ring tabs have been moved the same relative amount of degrees the connector has? Also does the grill look more breathable/different or is it the same as the older models?
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 3/27/14 at 11:46am
The design details are as interesting to me as the sound
It's mostly plastic, with the cup being wood and the actual headband being springsteel. The whole headphone is ridiculously light in hand.
Nah I cant get a good grip on the grill retaining ring, it's pretty set-in. And the grills look to be identical to the ones used on older models.
Like I'm sure the ring can be worked off with some elbow grease, a small flathead screwdriver, and some deft careful hands, but it doesn't seem like it just comes off (unlike older models).
I think I'm gonna take a driver out of the cup from the earpad side, since I can't take the grills off. Photo in abit...
So 8 bars of magnets on a single side, the grid pattern looks the same as what's used on HE500/6. The screws are not screwed into wood but into a hidden metal ring.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 12:20pm
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 7 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 14 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 44 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Broke my computers headphone jack. Dedicated sound card for a fix? 2 minutes ago
- › Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by tonyjoy
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2