Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Head-Direct Cable Clearance Sale!! Last post on 6/11/15 at 10:07am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 2:30 am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Changes to HIFIMAN Warranty Policy Last post on 5/11/15 at 10:17pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hm...I can't seem to take the grill retainer ring off...it might be glued or something.
I took an earpad off though, looks to be a fair bit of changes to the mounting ring as well as the driver baffle ring, and the driver is indeed single-ended with the magnets on the outer face (much like HE4).
Maybe the grill ring tabs have been moved the same relative amount of degrees the connector has? Also does the grill look more breathable/different or is it the same as the older models?
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 3/27/14 at 11:46am
The design details are as interesting to me as the sound
It's mostly plastic, with the cup being wood and the actual headband being springsteel. The whole headphone is ridiculously light in hand.
Nah I cant get a good grip on the grill retaining ring, it's pretty set-in. And the grills look to be identical to the ones used on older models.
Like I'm sure the ring can be worked off with some elbow grease, a small flathead screwdriver, and some deft careful hands, but it doesn't seem like it just comes off (unlike older models).
I think I'm gonna take a driver out of the cup from the earpad side, since I can't take the grills off. Photo in abit...
So 8 bars of magnets on a single side, the grid pattern looks the same as what's used on HE500/6. The screws are not screwed into wood but into a hidden metal ring.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 12:20pm
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › DAC/Amp Recommendations 12 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 16 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 3 minutes ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)