Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Clearance Sale at Head-Direct!!! Last post on 3/13/16 at 2:03pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Thursday March 17, 2016 Woo Audio Launch at Stereo Exchange with Fang Bian of HiFiMAN Last post on 3/15/16 at 10:13am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- HIFIMAN Edition X Loaner Program Last post on 4/23/16 at 12:22am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Cavalli Audio will not sell the Liquid Carbon headphone amp anymore, with the second and final run ending a month ago, but I hope the following is useful to those looking to pick one up on the used...
Acknowledgment Thanks @PhilW for loaning me these headphones for a week. I know how much you missed them. Introduction After being so impressed with the ERIB-2a (link to review), @PhilW told me...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hm...I can't seem to take the grill retainer ring off...it might be glued or something.
I took an earpad off though, looks to be a fair bit of changes to the mounting ring as well as the driver baffle ring, and the driver is indeed single-ended with the magnets on the outer face (much like HE4).
Maybe the grill ring tabs have been moved the same relative amount of degrees the connector has? Also does the grill look more breathable/different or is it the same as the older models?
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 3/27/14 at 11:46am
The design details are as interesting to me as the sound
It's mostly plastic, with the cup being wood and the actual headband being springsteel. The whole headphone is ridiculously light in hand.
Nah I cant get a good grip on the grill retaining ring, it's pretty set-in. And the grills look to be identical to the ones used on older models.
Like I'm sure the ring can be worked off with some elbow grease, a small flathead screwdriver, and some deft careful hands, but it doesn't seem like it just comes off (unlike older models).
I think I'm gonna take a driver out of the cup from the earpad side, since I can't take the grills off. Photo in abit...
So 8 bars of magnets on a single side, the grid pattern looks the same as what's used on HE500/6. The screws are not screwed into wood but into a hidden metal ring.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 12:20pm
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Three Word Story 5 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 seconds ago
- › Audioquest Jitterbug NIB 35 seconds ago
- › Recommendations for new headphones close to $100? 40 seconds ago
- › Eastern Electric MiniMax PLUS 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 2 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › IC：Headamp GSX Mkii DACT 3 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...