Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Don't miss the special event at Stereo Exchange in NYC Wed June 22 Last post on 7/11/16 at 8:36pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Clearance Sale at Head-Direct!!! Last post on 3/13/16 at 2:03pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Thursday March 17, 2016 Woo Audio Launch at Stereo Exchange with Fang Bian of HiFiMAN Last post on 3/15/16 at 10:13am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 8
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hm...I can't seem to take the grill retainer ring off...it might be glued or something.
I took an earpad off though, looks to be a fair bit of changes to the mounting ring as well as the driver baffle ring, and the driver is indeed single-ended with the magnets on the outer face (much like HE4).
Maybe the grill ring tabs have been moved the same relative amount of degrees the connector has? Also does the grill look more breathable/different or is it the same as the older models?
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 3/27/14 at 11:46am
The design details are as interesting to me as the sound
It's mostly plastic, with the cup being wood and the actual headband being springsteel. The whole headphone is ridiculously light in hand.
Nah I cant get a good grip on the grill retaining ring, it's pretty set-in. And the grills look to be identical to the ones used on older models.
Like I'm sure the ring can be worked off with some elbow grease, a small flathead screwdriver, and some deft careful hands, but it doesn't seem like it just comes off (unlike older models).
I think I'm gonna take a driver out of the cup from the earpad side, since I can't take the grills off. Photo in abit...
So 8 bars of magnets on a single side, the grid pattern looks the same as what's used on HE500/6. The screws are not screwed into wood but into a hidden metal ring.
Edited by jerg - 3/27/14 at 12:20pm
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Audeze LCD-4 47 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E18 1 minute ago
- › New Member Here! 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Barely used Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 7 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...