Ah... I guess we'll have to cancel Jerg's public beheading scheduled for next week. Time to pay the restocking fee for our guillotine purchase.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/30/16 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 68
Gear mentioned in this thread:
We got it at the group buy site which we can't mention nor can we return it. That's too bad because we unlocked the cheapest price too... darn
Guys its all good. Fang said the production delay is only a week. He will be announcing the pre order and release date in the next couple of days. All is good on the hifiman front. I for one am excited about this product and excited to be doing the review for it. Let just be little patient. Its all good!!!!!
Frank, that's great news. I can't wait to hear reviews/impressions from regular customers with whom I share untrained ears. I have decided to put my HE-6 search on hold until the 560 is officially in the market. I personally don't mind the delay at all so I quite don't understand why people got all wrapped up over it. Regarding contributors' reviews, I read it for the sake of reading and always take what they say with a grain of salt. I've been in audio hobbies for a while and have developed skepticism after the first 10 years.
I agree...I would be pissed off too. This whole thing got blown completely out of proportion. You received a pair and did a thorough review and examination. Noticed an area that could be improved upon slightly and mentioned it. That was it. I am positive you never expected the minor comment to explode like this and if you did, probably would have kept it to yourself or mentioned it quietly in a PM.
Jerg has done a great thing for the Head-Fi community with his mods to the HE-500. Unfortunately with all the flak he received doing something nice for us, I bet he is going to think twice about mentioning anything he may come across again....which is a shame.
Due to a potential conflict of interest, I may not be able to make that thread myself.
Jerg starte this thread and has been helping this community with their headphones for a long time so let just move on and get ready for more impressions that will be coming shortly. Great stuff and an exciting product!!!!
Closed cups are going to give you more of a subtle change than open cups I guess. Also, if they moved away from SMA to mini-XLR on the woodies I'm guessing they would need an angled reinforced connector as the size of a Mini-XLR connection in those dimensions strip out too much wood vs a small hole for the cable going to an angled external mini-XLR port.
Can't understand some members ragging on Jerg. Where else is a company working with members on this forum to improve the overall SQ of their next line of headphones ?
Edited by Lohb - 4/7/14 at 10:43pm
Maybe someone can answer from HF but does the wood change the sound on open backs or is it merely to give listeners wood.
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 4/7/14 at 11:03pm
The has turned out to be one of the most anticipated products in HeadFi history! 68 pages and the product hasn't even been released. Just imagine what will happen when people actually begin to receive the product. I wonder how many headphone products have received this much attention prior to release?
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › Monoprice DAC vs SMSL M3 23 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP Mk3 with Shure 1540 Alcantara Pads 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 2 minutes ago
- › Q-Jays are back. 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › What the $^&# heck is it?.........iFi iEMatch! 4 minutes ago
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear