Ah... I guess we'll have to cancel Jerg's public beheading scheduled for next week. Time to pay the restocking fee for our guillotine purchase.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 is back! Last post on 7/1/14 at 12:25pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Hifiman is looking for the Amp designer Last post on 7/12/14 at 11:24am in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- Fang: HIFIMAN new player Supermini and Megamini Last post on 9/30/16 at 6:11pm in Portable Source Gear
- HIFIMAN's NEXT Generation on Indiegogo is now LIVE Last post on 9/15/16 at 4:16pm in Head-Direct Premier Sponsor Forum
- HIFIMAN: Looking for the Best Reviewers Last post on 10/23/16 at 2:56pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = - Page 68
Gear mentioned in this thread:
We got it at the group buy site which we can't mention nor can we return it. That's too bad because we unlocked the cheapest price too... darn
Guys its all good. Fang said the production delay is only a week. He will be announcing the pre order and release date in the next couple of days. All is good on the hifiman front. I for one am excited about this product and excited to be doing the review for it. Let just be little patient. Its all good!!!!!
Frank, that's great news. I can't wait to hear reviews/impressions from regular customers with whom I share untrained ears. I have decided to put my HE-6 search on hold until the 560 is officially in the market. I personally don't mind the delay at all so I quite don't understand why people got all wrapped up over it. Regarding contributors' reviews, I read it for the sake of reading and always take what they say with a grain of salt. I've been in audio hobbies for a while and have developed skepticism after the first 10 years.
I agree...I would be pissed off too. This whole thing got blown completely out of proportion. You received a pair and did a thorough review and examination. Noticed an area that could be improved upon slightly and mentioned it. That was it. I am positive you never expected the minor comment to explode like this and if you did, probably would have kept it to yourself or mentioned it quietly in a PM.
Jerg has done a great thing for the Head-Fi community with his mods to the HE-500. Unfortunately with all the flak he received doing something nice for us, I bet he is going to think twice about mentioning anything he may come across again....which is a shame.
Due to a potential conflict of interest, I may not be able to make that thread myself.
Jerg starte this thread and has been helping this community with their headphones for a long time so let just move on and get ready for more impressions that will be coming shortly. Great stuff and an exciting product!!!!
Closed cups are going to give you more of a subtle change than open cups I guess. Also, if they moved away from SMA to mini-XLR on the woodies I'm guessing they would need an angled reinforced connector as the size of a Mini-XLR connection in those dimensions strip out too much wood vs a small hole for the cable going to an angled external mini-XLR port.
Can't understand some members ragging on Jerg. Where else is a company working with members on this forum to improve the overall SQ of their next line of headphones ?
Edited by Lohb - 4/7/14 at 10:43pm
Maybe someone can answer from HF but does the wood change the sound on open backs or is it merely to give listeners wood.
Edited by Soundsgoodtome - 4/7/14 at 11:03pm
The has turned out to be one of the most anticipated products in HeadFi history! 68 pages and the product hasn't even been released. Just imagine what will happen when people actually begin to receive the product. I wonder how many headphone products have received this much attention prior to release?
- = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 6 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 21 seconds ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos,... 7 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 8 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 8 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Appreciation and Discussion Thread:... 11 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear