Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA XS: A first look at the new V-MODA XS with Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA XS: A first look at the new V-MODA XS with Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV - Page 17

post #241 of 384
delete this post please
Edited by Existence - 4/9/14 at 7:11pm
post #242 of 384
Deleted.

Edited by SpiderNhan - 4/9/14 at 7:13pm
post #243 of 384
delete this too xD
Edited by Existence - 4/9/14 at 8:43pm
post #244 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Existence View Post

I was just trying to look out for people, improve their experience with the XS.
If you could delete your post, I can delete mine, no need to flame.

Tbh from the looks o ur picture even if its the camera angle theres a lot of ur ear Thats not covered by the xs, but even so theres no way the xs could isolate more than the m100s the clamping force is just not tight enough. And the earpads although comfortable just isnt pliable enough (like the really cushy memory foam on the philips downtown to perfectly form to ur ears everytime.

Im pretty sure most if not all of us probably fussed about the fit enough to find the "seal" its easier to find as opposed to in ears (where u have to change the sleeves.
post #245 of 384


Look at this beaut, thanks @spidernhan putting the cables like this definitely helps the headphones fit in the case! Now i dont have to squish my cable (made me worried about destroying probably one of the last 3button cables in the world smily_headphones1.gif )
post #246 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post



Look at this beaut, thanks @spidernhan putting the cables like this definitely helps the headphones fit in the case! Now i dont have to squish my cable (made me worried about destroying probably one of the last 3button cables in the world smily_headphones1.gif )
There's actually no good, well built three button mic cable that doesn't cost a ton of money or money not worth spending, left. There's the cheap chinese knockoffs, or the Senn cable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existence View Post

I was just trying to look out for people, improve their experience with the XS.
If you could delete your post, I can delete mine, no need to flame.

Tbh from the looks o ur picture even if its the camera angle theres a lot of ur ear Thats not covered by the xs, but even so theres no way the xs could isolate more than the m100s the clamping force is just not tight enough. And the earpads although comfortable just isnt pliable enough (like the really cushy memory foam on the philips downtown to perfectly form to ur ears everytime.

Im pretty sure most if not all of us probably fussed about the fit enough to find the "seal" its easier to find as opposed to in ears (where u have to change the sleeves.
True, man. When I said that it isolates like the M100, I did say I had it up pretty loud (10db more than the hearing limit). Proves the XS can isolate like the M100, but it's not fun to listen to for long periods of time.
Edited by Existence - 4/9/14 at 8:42pm
post #247 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Existence View Post


There's actually no good, well built three button mic cable that doesn't cost a ton of money or money not worth spending, left. There's the cheap chinese knockoffs, or the Senn cable.
True, man. When I said that it isolates like the M100, I did say I had it up pretty loud (10db more than the hearing limit). Proves the XS can isolate like the M100, but it's not fun to listen to for long periods of time.

 

If you have to push the volume, then it's not doing its job isolating.  Something that isolates well would not require you to pump up the volume. It isolates like the M-80 did...  Not bad for an on-ear...  Slightly less than the M-100...  Far less than an in-ear. 

post #248 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post
 

 

The XS does still have a slower bass decay rate than the M-100, so despite the fact that the M-100 have more bass, it still remains tighter and more controlled.  The midrange of the XS is beautiful in so many ways, detailed in a generous manner that isn't too aggressive but doesn't slack behind.  The M-100 really doesn't detail as well as the XS does, which is the main differences in the midrange.  Both offer strong clarity as well as great vocal dynamics.  As you'd expect, the soundstage on the M-100 is larger overall.  On the treble side of things, the M-100 offers treble that is slightly more energetic than the XS, but only slightly; it's also less edgy (and slightly more forgiving), again, only slightly.  Personally, if the M-100 had the XS sound signature, but in an over-ear design, it'd be a big winner on Head-Fi (minus the bass heads). 

 

___

 

More updates with the M-80 and XS, my roommate can hear the differences like night and day as well.  With a 2-3 minute session she was able to quickly point out that the M-80 were slightly bassier than the XS.  My XS aren't done burning in though, only about 30 hours or so on them...  Probably less. 


More audio fans should obtain the services of a female ear during any evaluation or testing.  A female who happens to be a musician also is a big plus.  Females have a superior ability to hear wider ranges of audio.......It may just be what you need and another opinion can never hurt.  Enjoy!

post #249 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

If you have to push the volume, then it's not doing its job isolating.  Something that isolates well would not require you to pump up the volume. It isolates like the M-80 did...  Not bad for an on-ear...  Slightly less than the M-100...  Far less than an in-ear. 

Thank you! If volume = isolation a lot of semi open and open would be passable for walking around in. Not blowing out my ears just to drowning out ambient noise
post #250 of 384

sorry if it seems like i'm spamming, but i want to stir some discussion especially for current xs and previous m80 owners

 

i do notice a bit of bass bleed into the mids (nothing huge) but definitely noticeable,

 

for the m80s did anyone listen to them extensively (or burned them in) enough for that bass bleed to disappear?

 

if so how many hours of listening and burn it? i'm burning them in now (i'm still new to burn in, and i worry about the drivers on the xs!--> i'm doing it along with my jvc fxd80s (using the dual inputs =) haha putting it to good use!)

 

i hope i'm not starting some huge debate

 

i wanna throw this question out there for this and the other thread so forgive me if you see this twice

post #251 of 384

We really need to consolidate these threads >.< 

 

I don't hear any perceptible bass bleed on my pair of XS's. I'm only on day three of listening, roughly 22 hours of listening so far. 

post #252 of 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinValentine View Post
 

We really need to consolidate these threads >.< 

 

I don't hear any perceptible bass bleed on my pair of XS's. I'm only on day three of listening, roughly 22 hours of listening so far. 

sorry i didn't mean to alarm anyone/ offend anyone or anything. i just felt solely hyping these headphones may get boring over time, especially if this thread becomes as long as the m100 ones 

 

i'm nitpicking, but it doesn't mean i don't like the sound of the xs! 

 

i did come from very neutral iems (some may say their bass light) soo my apologies 

 

edit


Edited by Tom22 - 4/11/14 at 6:31pm
post #253 of 384

I know that V-Moda is pushing the mind-the-gap with the XS.  The gap is definitely gone, almost entirely too.  I should note that this isn't the first headphone that does this though.  I know that the Marshall Monitor does have this sort of feature which makes it wrap around the entire head.  The drivers are also angled which makes them extremely comfortable to wear from an ergonomic standpoint.  Unfortunately for them, the XS takes them in terms of sound quality (bass control and treble presence). 

post #254 of 384

got the XS yesterday and very impressed with the sound. Isolation is great, but leakage is a bit more than I'd like. Best sounding V-Moda headphone to date imo, but of course, that's my opinion.

post #255 of 384

 i don't know if this was intentional but i found a way to store one of the v-corks in the case say if your on the go with your buddy and you wanna share your portable device or whatever

 

originally i was about to use a little baggy but this is much better, plus its secure! hope this helps all your road warriors when you share with your friends sorry if i'm double posting i figured this might help

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA XS: A first look at the new V-MODA XS with Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV