or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › New HTC One M8 audio review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New HTC One M8 audio review - Page 20

post #286 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
 


I'm using PowerAmp, and I find if I have the tone control on with the treble turned up, that the stock earbuds sound pretty good. Still too much bass for a quiet room, but the bass works well when out and about in public. On a noisy bus, for example.

 

I'm using PowerAmp now and Treble seems to work much better (on these buds) than the graphic EQ. The sound opened right up! Thanks for the idea RickB, kudos. :biggrin: 

post #287 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatofamatch View Post
 

 

I'm using PowerAmp now and Treble seems to work much better (on these buds) than the graphic EQ. The sound opened right up! Thanks for the idea RickB, kudos. :biggrin: 


You're welcome. :normal_smile :

post #288 of 870
I'd like to know if anyone has the chance to test the M8 with a pair of Westone 4, and if it crackles too? I mainly listen with W4 in my iPhone 4S, but I really like the m8 or al least what I've read of it (except for the sound crackling)
post #289 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntbook View Post

I'd like to know if anyone has the chance to test the M8 with a pair of Westone 4, and if it crackles too? I mainly listen with W4 in my iPhone 4S, but I really like the m8 or al least what I've read of it (except for the sound crackling)
I would also like to know this, I'm getting the harman kardon edition and I wanna rock out some w4r
post #290 of 870

*knock on wood* but I have never had any crackle on my super sensitive Shure 846s. 

post #291 of 870

It's a first time I've noticed the "crackling". It's present only in 2 highest volume levels. So if your IEM or headphone is sensitive enough and doesn't need that much volume there's no problem.

I tried FiiO E02 with One M8 and that helped completely with crackling. By the way that's great combo and cheap way to improve headphone jack, add a little power and bass if it's needed.

post #292 of 870

Oh, with the 846, there is no way I am using the top 2 volume levels. Not unless I want to blow out my eardrums for some reason. 

post #293 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntbook View Post

I'd like to know if anyone has the chance to test the M8 with a pair of Westone 4, and if it crackles too? I mainly listen with W4 in my iPhone 4S, but I really like the m8 or al least what I've read of it (except for the sound crackling)

 

I'm testing a pair of W40s at the moment (as far as I know the same tech as the W4 in a different housing, also 31 ohms), and for loud listening on these, I need to push the M8 to volume step 13 of 15 and there's the same crackling audible as on the Sennheiser Momentum or HD25-1.

 

I've also got the Fisher Amps FA-4E XB with me and I can't hear any crackle on 13/15, which is already too loud for me on most tracks. Didn't even dare to push it to 14.

post #294 of 870
Thank you for the infornation, maybe I should keep my iPhone 4s for a little longer then.
Although I nearly never go above volume step 13 of 16 in my 4S, except for some low recordings (classical usually).
post #295 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simma View Post
 

 

I'm testing a pair of W40s at the moment (as far as I know the same tech as the W4 in a different housing, also 31 ohms), and for loud listening on these, I need to push the M8 to volume step 13 of 15 and there's the same crackling audible as on the Sennheiser Momentum or HD25-1.

 

I've also got the Fisher Amps FA-4E XB with me and I can't hear any crackle on 13/15, which is already too loud for me on most tracks. Didn't even dare to push it to 14.

No wonder I don't hear any crackling on my M8, using my iems and 10/15 is already painful!  

post #296 of 870

Same here, I have yet to go above 8/15 on most IEMs, and 1/15 is often too loud at home... which is fine, volume is one of the reasons I chose the M8 over M7.

 

The QC20 gave me the opportunity to listen to the M8 at  13-14/15 and I did not hear any crackling (this is after Duncan mentioned it so I was specifically looking for it). So I guess we are gonna blame the QC20 for not having high enough SQ to reproduce the crackling...? just kidding. :biggrin:

post #297 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceMajeure View Post
 

This might be a silly question but according to this graph

Does it mean that this device is not capable of reproducing freqs above ~11khz, or is it just their way of measurement that is not taking in account the high freqs range, or the last vertical axis on the right is 20khz?

the scale looks logarithmic, so from the looks of it 40k for where it tapers off.

post #298 of 870

Just tested one in the store with my TH900 and really liked it. Got it (pretty much for free btw, or $15/mo). Returned the DX90 :) Haven't done a lot of listening yet but it seemed to sound better than DX90 to me. Certainly overall it's a much better setup since i don't have to lug around 2 devices and it has a huge screen, fast CPU etc. I suspect custom DAP makers will eventually just get displaced from the market by devices like this one.

post #299 of 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavelet View Post
 

Just tested one in the store with my TH900 and really liked it. Got it (pretty much for free btw, or $15/mo). Returned the DX90 :) Haven't done a lot of listening yet but it seemed to sound better than DX90 to me. Certainly overall it's a much better setup since i don't have to lug around 2 devices and it has a huge screen, fast CPU etc. I suspect custom DAP makers will eventually just get displaced from the market by devices like this one.


woh woh u say it sounded better than the dx90, that's a big statement can u elaborate on this

post #300 of 870

Best thing i'm excited about is i almost pushed "buy now" on AK240 earlier today :) Now instead it looks like i'll be happy with a $300 device amortized at $15/mo rate over 2 years :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › New HTC One M8 audio review