or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › closed headphones that sound similar to the HD600 / HD650?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

closed headphones that sound similar to the HD600 / HD650?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

The Sennheiser HD600 and HD650's have been my go to headphones for many years in a voiceover booth. There are times that I need to do a more intimate read and the bleedthrough from the open hd600/650's can become a problem.

 

What closed headphones would have a similar sonic print as the aforementioned sennheisers? I have a pair of closed AKG K271 studio's and thought they lacked highs and bass. I *don't* want a hyped bass or high end, just something closer to what I get from the HD600's.

 

Price wise, I'm fine $300 - $400 if they are comparable quality in a closed headphone design. Thanks for any guidance and have a great week. Sean

post #2 of 8
Focal spirit classic
post #3 of 8

I don't think there are any that are just next door in sound signature.  However, you might find the Beyer DT 250, NAD VISO HP50 and Focal Spirit Pro to be in the neighborhood--and within your budget.

post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post

I don't think there are any that are just next door in sound signature.  However, you might find the Beyer DT 250, NAD VISO HP50 and Focal Spirit Pro to be in the neighborhood--and within your budget.

Beyers tend to be bright. And the spirit classic should be smoother/warmer than the hp50 and the spirit professional.
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0000 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post

I don't think there are any that are just next door in sound signature.  However, you might find the Beyer DT 250, NAD VISO HP50 and Focal Spirit Pro to be in the neighborhood--and within your budget.

Beyers tend to be bright. And the spirit classic should be smoother/warmer than the hp50 and the spirit professional.


This is Beyers closed studio can.  I don't hear it to be bright.  It's neutral.

post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post


This is Beyers closed studio can.  I don't hear it to be bright.  It's neutral.

 

I don't hear it as bright either, but not neutral: I thought it sounded darker and very closed sounding.

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by seancaldwell View Post
 

The Sennheiser HD600 and HD650's have been my go to headphones for many years in a voiceover booth. There are times that I need to do a more intimate read and the bleedthrough from the open hd600/650's can become a problem.

 

What closed headphones would have a similar sonic print as the aforementioned sennheisers? I have a pair of closed AKG K271 studio's and thought they lacked highs and bass. I *don't* want a hyped bass or high end, just something closer to what I get from the HD600's.

 

Price wise, I'm fine $300 - $400 if they are comparable quality in a closed headphone design. Thanks for any guidance and have a great week. Sean

Easily the Sennheiser Momentum, thought to be a mini HD650.

post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

Easily the Sennheiser Momentum, thought to be a mini HD650.

Yes. I don't know how I forgot. It sounds like HD650, but not HD600.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › closed headphones that sound similar to the HD600 / HD650?