or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread - Page 40  

post #586 of 4001
Thread Starter 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

wow...what a place to hold a concert....EXOTIC !!!

 

Yepp :bigsmile_face:    There is an ancient city around that big sink-hole!  It's not easy to show everything in just 2-3 photos though...

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by analogsurviver View Post
 

GREAT post. And great venue. I bet the "souvenir" you took with you home will be cherised for years to come.

 

Just one caution ; you should ALWAYS obtain permission to record - or otherwise learn something better than the disclaimer from taperssection.com :

 

"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

 

Dear analogsurvivor thanks for your very important input :beerchug:

 

I have asked for permission from the security. They allowed. Mine was only for a small record to test my gear. As you can see I was far away from the stage. And while the binaural mics on my ears I couldn't listen the concert comfortably.

 

So I prefer to listen...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post
 

 

Lovely pictures.

I love Turkey. My colleague has a Villa not to far from Mersin  :beerchug:

 

Btw what pads are you using on your T50RP's, the HM5?

Thanks Peter! Glad that you love my country! :beerchug:

 

Yes, they are HM5 pads, I forgot to mention :rolleyes: 

post #587 of 4001

Hi,

 

I've ordered my one on friday, can't wait to test them out :D

 

just simple question to the matching: Does anybody know if the B3 Pro1 matches with the Ibasso DX50? And is the amp inside of the DX50 enough for an adequate listening experience?

 

thanks 

post #588 of 4001

I just got ifi audio nano iDSD on loan for a couple of days. I still have to install the software to play DSD natively on my PC, so can not comment how well nano does playing DSD files yet. Best my current soft on PC supports is limited to 192/24/32 . Today or tomorrow this will be rectified.

 

For those wondering if nano is "enough" to power the B3 - answer is "just". I can guarantee you will have zero troubles with low volume setting(s) - because there will be none...

post #589 of 4001
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogsurviver View Post

I just got ifi audio nano iDSD on loan for a couple of days. I still have to install the software to play DSD natively on my PC, so can not comment how well nano does playing DSD files yet. Best my current soft on PC supports is limited to 192/24/32 . Today or tomorrow this will be rectified.

For those wondering if nano is "enough" to power the B3 - answer is "just". I can guarantee you will have zero troubles with low volume setting(s) - because there will be none...

Thanks for the input.

I am leaning towards the Geek Out 1000 each and every second...
post #590 of 4001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baycode View Post


Thanks for the input.

I am leaning towards the Geek Out 1000 each and every second...

At the rate digital audio, particularly DSD , is progressing at the time, I may decide to wait. OK, truly portable DSD solution would be nice ( ifi nano + smartphone ) - but smartphones capable of supporting DSD natively are at the very least as costly as ifi nano itself. Together - from something like 500 up. Still far cheaper than players from Astell & Kern, even if more bulky and less elegant.

 

For me, Tascam DA 3000 DSD recorder, which can be also used as DAC with PC, looks toooo tempting to ignore - all DAC only ( and no ADC = recorder ) solutions are paleing in comparison by the minute....

portability be damned. TBH - where in  (portable)  world one has enviroment quiet enough to justify DSD ? 

 

Correction - Geek Out 1000 is amp only ? I see not - it can do DXD and DSD too - I guess you are familiar with this review I just discovered: http://www.audiostream.com/content/lh-labs-geek-out-1000-dacheadphone-amplifier


Edited by analogsurviver - 6/3/14 at 9:08am
post #591 of 4001
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

@waynes world

I don't think he actually did yet but he mentioned a page or two back that the B3's can hang with the DN-2000

Btw ,sorry for not quoting but my tablet doesn't seem to like that feature.
The dnk is fuller sounding than the dn2k. The dn2k is a similar signature to the havi. The mids are better on the dn2k IMHO. This is based on a brief comparison. I prefer the dnk over all of them, but only because they match my preferred sound sig.
post #592 of 4001
Let me add one thing. An AMPLIFIED havi is however the best sound I can manifest from what I own. Its even better than my dnk.

However my best all around and go to iem is the dnk.
post #593 of 4001

Definitely thinking about these IEMs. Is the old version better than the new ones?

post #594 of 4001
The old one is the one you want, the new one is nothing special.

I read in the other thread that you've got the iBasso Zero and I've got no experience with it. The thing with the B3 Pro1 is that they need a lot of power and a good source to really shine.

Maybe someone else have tried the B3 with the iBasso Zero and can share their experience.
post #595 of 4001
Thread Starter 
I think we need to provide a budged amp advice under 50USD for new comers and budged mindeds. Topping NX1 seems as a good candidate. When will you receiving yours Peter? Bhazard also owns one of these... The main question for me is: since nx1 doesn't have bass boost switch like E11, how does it fare on bass section?
post #596 of 4001
Mine has not arrived yet. It was shipped on May 19'the so can't be far away now.

I'm going away for the weekend though so if I haven't got it on Thursday I will not get it before Tuesday next week.
post #597 of 4001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baycode View Post

I think we need to provide a budged amp advice under 50USD for new comers and budged mindeds. Topping NX1 seems as a good candidate. When will you receiving yours Peter? Bhazard also owns one of these... The main question for me is: since nx1 doesn't have bass boost switch like E11, how does it fare on bass section?

I agree finding a budget amp capable of powering B3 properly is needed. There is a fly in this ointment - B3 is too good/revealing for anything costing say $50 (short of a piece of wire ). 

 

Funny thing is that B3 Old Version is getting ever slightly bassier with time - I do no longer use bass boost if driven from a "flat" "normal" powerful enough source.

Over this weekend, I monitored organ "review" of young organ players, and without the use of crossfeed on Meier amp ( which does make the bass light ) - it was

next to perfect in bass. Maybe still one "hair below" neutral, but definitely "there". Out of the box B3 would be totally mute on lower reaches of organ.

 

But it needs time to arrive there - LOTS of it. Do not judge on out of the box or low hours pair - you may well dismiss an ugly duckling before it has chance to develop into a beautiful swan.

post #598 of 4001
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogsurviver View Post
 

I agree finding a budget amp capable of powering B3 properly is needed. There is a fly in this ointment - B3 is too good/revealing for anything costing say $50 (short of a piece of wire ). 

 

Funny thing is that B3 Old Version is getting ever slightly bassier with time - I do no longer use bass boost if driven from a "flat" "normal" powerful enough source.

Over this weekend, I monitored organ "review" of young organ players, and without the use of crossfeed on Meier amp ( which does make the bass light ) - it was

next to perfect in bass. Maybe still one "hair below" neutral, but definitely "there". Out of the box B3 would be totally mute on lower reaches of organ.

 

But it needs time to arrive there - LOTS of it. Do not judge on out of the box or low hours pair - you may well dismiss an ugly duckling before it has chance to develop into a beautiful swan.

 

I'm still hoping that someone can report on how the B3 does off of the C&C BH amp. Someone? Anyone?

post #599 of 4001
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogsurviver View Post
 

I agree finding a budget amp capable of powering B3 properly is needed. There is a fly in this ointment - B3 is too good/revealing for anything costing say $50 (short of a piece of wire ). 

 

Funny thing is that B3 Old Version is getting ever slightly bassier with time - I do no longer use bass boost if driven from a "flat" "normal" powerful enough source.

Over this weekend, I monitored organ "review" of young organ players, and without the use of crossfeed on Meier amp ( which does make the bass light ) - it was

next to perfect in bass. Maybe still one "hair below" neutral, but definitely "there". Out of the box B3 would be totally mute on lower reaches of organ.

 

But it needs time to arrive there - LOTS of it. Do not judge on out of the box or low hours pair - you may well dismiss an ugly duckling before it has chance to develop into a beautiful swan.

 

Your statement -which I underline and make it bold- should be taken in to account for any newcomer.

 

B3 is a kind of IEM which is capable of growing with the 'ear-matureness' and equipment upgrades.

 

But it would be good to provide some source and amp matches, especially for those on the budget...

post #600 of 4001
I think that should be taken into account with just about any earphone or headphone. The way people pack up audio gear after less than a week (and some people, less than a day) of owning it is madness to me. I reckon people are missing out on so much with this attitude of instant gratification and I'm actually rather glad I don't have the money to throw at every flavour of the moment (I reckon that's what FOTM should mean on head-fi because folks here hardly seem to even give things a month before they've hopped onto the next thing).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread