Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread - Page 71

post #1051 of 2591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baycode View Post



Let me tell you some reasons which may help you decide:



1- Just check the Tenore thread, there are soooooo much more build quality and driver issues with Tenore ( you may not know but I am one of the victims) whereas according to Penon its only about 4 for the B3 Pro1 (some of them were also reported Inside this thread).



2- You pay apprx 56-59 usd for the Tenore and B3 Pro1 and you receive near to non existent accessories with Tenore while B3 Pro1 is packed with enough accessories (was mentioned in the first page).



3- You pay nearly the same price but Tenore has thin and cheap cable with a golden jack and especially "cable releif strains like a joke"! B3 Pro1 cable is kevlar with 30 braided OFC wires in each strand (which makes a thick ofc wire). Also cable is in "balanced form" (4 separate wires for cleaner and accurate signal transmission) except the terminating part which is a very good quality 90 degree golden mini jack. Also cable releif strains are incomparably better (stronger) on B3's.



4- If you bougt Tenore and if you're out of Japan (like me), you have no guarantee (guarantee is provided for Japan residents and/or people who bought Tenore from an authorised seller). So could I replace my bad Tenore? Nope!



If you buy B3 Pro1 from Penonaudio they provide a one year guarantee. They wanted from me to send the iem only. So in a small envelope it cost me only 3 USD (with tracking number).



5- And the last part, sound, simply B3 Pro1 is better (IMO).

 



1) Can't say much about it cos my Tenore are working fine

2) Totally agree. The Havi's packaging is classy. The Tenore was packaged like some random pair of earphones in a shady street side store

3) Totally agree. There are times where I absent mindedly remove the Tenores and pull on the wire, and can't help but fear I've overpulled on the strain relief. It's just so thin and weak!

4) Can't say much about this. Bought my Tenores 2nd handed

5) Close, but I will have to agree. They are rather different sounding. Tenore's don't sound bad by any means. They're at the top of it's price range. But so is the Havi B3, and though a very subjective statement, to me it's quite clearly the technically better sounding phone

If my house was on fire and I could only grab one pair of earphones with me, it'd be my Havi B3s (actually no, it'd be my UE10Pro customs because they're worth more and I can sell them to buy 5 more Havi B3s biggrin.gif)
post #1052 of 2591
Anyway, can someone, ANYONE, who has direct contact with Havi, drop them an enquiy as to when they'll release the B6? I'm almost getting impatient!
post #1053 of 2591

B6?! Really?

Triple dynamic drivers or dual in push/pull? :deadhorse: 

post #1054 of 2591
there hasn't been much information on it. but all things considered, the B3 is so darn good that I'd buy anything from Havi even if it were made from popcorn
post #1055 of 2591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baycode View Post

Let me tell you some reasons which may help you decide:

1- Just check the Tenore thread, there are soooooo much more build quality and driver issues with Tenore ( you may not know but I am one of the victims) whereas according to Penon its only about 4 for the B3 Pro1 (some of them were also reported Inside this thread).

2- You pay apprx 56-59 usd for the Tenore and B3 Pro1 and you receive near to non existent accessories with Tenore while B3 Pro1 is packed with enough accessories (was mentioned in the first page).

3- You pay nearly the same price but Tenore has thin and cheap cable with a golden jack and especially "cable releif strains like a joke"! B3 Pro1 cable is kevlar with 30 braided OFC wires in each strand (which makes a thick ofc wire). Also cable is in "balanced form" (4 separate wires for cleaner and accurate signal transmission) except the terminating part which is a very good quality 90 degree golden mini jack. Also cable releif strains are incomparably better (stronger) on B3's.

4- If you bougt Tenore and if you're out of Japan (like me), you have no guarantee (guarantee is provided for Japan residents and/or people who bought Tenore from an authorised seller). So could I replace my bad Tenore? Nope!

If you buy B3 Pro1 from Penonaudio they provide a one year guarantee. They wanted from me to send the iem only. So in a small envelope it cost me only 3 USD (with tracking number).

5- And the last part, sound, simply B3 Pro1 is better (IMO).

+10 for all 5 above.......coz, I look extensively for build quality,cable both inner and outer,strain relieves both on the ear-pieces and 3.5mm jack ends,shell's built besides the accessories and yeah the "very reason to buy" SQ/SS......

And warranty,seller's reputation among buyers in the past are also my concern if I want to spend >$30 over my gadgets....biggrin.gif
post #1056 of 2591
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyx11 View Post




If my house was on fire and I could only grab one pair of earphones with me, it'd be my Havi B3s (actually no, it'd be my UE10Pro customs because they're worth more and I can sell them to buy 5 more Havi B3s biggrin.gif)

I doubt you will be able to sell 1/3 of your custom(any for that matter)....wink.gif

Edited by Shawn71 - 7/23/14 at 8:20pm
post #1057 of 2591

I can say penon audio have the best service ever.

 

// They are professional, thoughtful . They accept to replace my seem to be broken B3 , and send it back like super fast ( 2 days to be exactly ). They reply every single mail to me even though the small purchase like B3. 

 

Once again, i want to thank you penon for your great service and support.

post #1058 of 2591
I don't see the B1 on their site though, only the b2, the new and old iteration

Edit: apparently it's supposed to be the "old version" one but then they present the b2s specs 0_o
Edited by Inks - 7/23/14 at 10:03pm
post #1059 of 2591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

I don't see the B1 on their site though, only the b2, the new and old iteration

Edit: apparently it's supposed to be the "old version" one but then they present the b2s specs 0_o

Try here....Another trusted seller and so responsive.....

http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=97
post #1060 of 2591
http://penonaudio.com/HAVI-B3-PRO

here's the pro 1 smily_headphones1.gif
post #1061 of 2591
Thread Starter 
Dear @gyx11 I have written to Havi and have learned that B6 is still on the design phase... No exact release date yet. May be 4-5 months... will inform as soon as they provide a date...
post #1062 of 2591

They have also listed B9 on their website. Any idea what B6 & B9 would be ?

post #1063 of 2591
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZo2 View Post
 

They have also listed B9 on their website. Any idea what B6 & B9 would be ?


We have to wait "at least" 4 months for B6.

 

B9 is the future model which I think going to be released 1-2 years later... Don't know exactly just assuming...

 

Just grab and enjoy B3's for the moment :wink_face:

post #1064 of 2591

Baycode, enjoy !!

 

======

 

 

going solo...superb extentionnnnnnn....:P


Edited by Lorspeaker - 7/25/14 at 1:43am
post #1065 of 2591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

Both my Tenore n Havi are in good cond... 

i love Tenore for pop, easy listening..

the Havi for serious serious stuff, like listening deep out into space. snorrzzz :P

 

I listen mostly to pop.  I would try Havi except that they require an amp and they don't have enough sub-bass and punch for pop.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread