Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 666post #9976 of 134578/26/12 at 4:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9977 of 134578/26/12 at 8:22ampost #9978 of 134578/26/12 at 10:14ampost #9979 of 134578/26/12 at 7:08pmpost #9980 of 134578/26/12 at 7:09pmQuote:
Nice job! All that matters is that you made it and it works.post #9981 of 134578/26/12 at 8:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Athur126
Leftmost cable over 2 cables. Then right most cable over the prior left most. Then left most cable under 2 cables. Right most cable under the previous left most. Not sure u understood.. For a clearer idea go google 4 wire round braid. After the y-split I just twisted the two cables.
OK... sounds easy enuff.post #9982 of 134578/27/12 at 12:10pm
The Shiny Vampire RCA set:
4 wire round braid of DHC Nucleotide UPOCC copper wire
Nylon craft cord sleeving for each wire
Custom Vampire Wire rhodium plated RCA connectors
A couple years ago, I used to live literally around the corner from Vampire Wire and used to beg for scraps to play with. The connectors on this interconnect set were custom built for one of Vampire Wire's customers who backed out of the purchase. They had trays and trays of these connectors. I was able to buy two sets of plugs and finally decided to use them. They were pretty expensive, but gorgeously built. Wish I had been able to afford more at the time. The shells are heavily plated with a textured rhodium and feel wonderful in the hand. I added some 3M DiNoc carbon fiber vinyl to the barrels on one side for giggles.post #9983 of 134578/27/12 at 12:40pmpost #9984 of 134578/27/12 at 8:09pm
Adding the carbon fiber wrap is a nice touch, but I think the other end of the cable is feeling a bit under-dressed and would like the same treatment. ;)
Beautiful cables, FraGGleR!post #9985 of 134578/27/12 at 8:33pmpost #9986 of 134578/27/12 at 9:20pmQuote:
This, the carbon fibre ruins it for me.post #9987 of 134578/28/12 at 7:26ampost #9988 of 134578/28/12 at 7:26ampost #9989 of 134578/28/12 at 8:53ampost #9990 of 134578/28/12 at 7:17pm
Sure! Many people start with Canare or Mogami cable on their journey into DIY cables and feel no need to go further. Both brands are used extensively on the production and performance side of the industry so they certainly won't hurt your system.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 1 minute ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Bucket-Rin OA-7: A DiY driver transplant into a Pickering OA-7... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 5 minutes ago
- › IEM buying help...... 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob