Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 666post #9976 of 130488/26/12 at 4:30ampost #9977 of 130488/26/12 at 8:22ampost #9978 of 130488/26/12 at 10:14ampost #9979 of 130488/26/12 at 7:08pmpost #9980 of 130488/26/12 at 7:09pmQuote:
Nice job! All that matters is that you made it and it works.post #9981 of 130488/26/12 at 8:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Athur126
Leftmost cable over 2 cables. Then right most cable over the prior left most. Then left most cable under 2 cables. Right most cable under the previous left most. Not sure u understood.. For a clearer idea go google 4 wire round braid. After the y-split I just twisted the two cables.
OK... sounds easy enuff.post #9982 of 130488/27/12 at 12:10pm
The Shiny Vampire RCA set:
4 wire round braid of DHC Nucleotide UPOCC copper wire
Nylon craft cord sleeving for each wire
Custom Vampire Wire rhodium plated RCA connectors
A couple years ago, I used to live literally around the corner from Vampire Wire and used to beg for scraps to play with. The connectors on this interconnect set were custom built for one of Vampire Wire's customers who backed out of the purchase. They had trays and trays of these connectors. I was able to buy two sets of plugs and finally decided to use them. They were pretty expensive, but gorgeously built. Wish I had been able to afford more at the time. The shells are heavily plated with a textured rhodium and feel wonderful in the hand. I added some 3M DiNoc carbon fiber vinyl to the barrels on one side for giggles.post #9983 of 130488/27/12 at 12:40pmpost #9984 of 130488/27/12 at 8:09pm
Adding the carbon fiber wrap is a nice touch, but I think the other end of the cable is feeling a bit under-dressed and would like the same treatment. ;)
Beautiful cables, FraGGleR!post #9985 of 130488/27/12 at 8:33pmpost #9986 of 130488/27/12 at 9:20pmQuote:
This, the carbon fibre ruins it for me.post #9987 of 130488/28/12 at 7:26ampost #9988 of 130488/28/12 at 7:26ampost #9989 of 130488/28/12 at 8:53ampost #9990 of 130488/28/12 at 7:17pm
Sure! Many people start with Canare or Mogami cable on their journey into DIY cables and feel no need to go further. Both brands are used extensively on the production and performance side of the industry so they certainly won't hurt your system.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 57 seconds ago
- › STUDIO HEADPHONES! PLEASE HELP 57 seconds ago
- › brainwavz r1 review. 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for new DAC, suggestions please... 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--application 20-26 December 2013 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe