Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 5/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 666
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Leftmost cable over 2 cables. Then right most cable over the prior left most. Then left most cable under 2 cables. Right most cable under the previous left most. Not sure u understood.. For a clearer idea go google 4 wire round braid. After the y-split I just twisted the two cables.
OK... sounds easy enuff.
The Shiny Vampire RCA set:
4 wire round braid of DHC Nucleotide UPOCC copper wire
Nylon craft cord sleeving for each wire
Custom Vampire Wire rhodium plated RCA connectors
A couple years ago, I used to live literally around the corner from Vampire Wire and used to beg for scraps to play with. The connectors on this interconnect set were custom built for one of Vampire Wire's customers who backed out of the purchase. They had trays and trays of these connectors. I was able to buy two sets of plugs and finally decided to use them. They were pretty expensive, but gorgeously built. Wish I had been able to afford more at the time. The shells are heavily plated with a textured rhodium and feel wonderful in the hand. I added some 3M DiNoc carbon fiber vinyl to the barrels on one side for giggles.
Sure! Many people start with Canare or Mogami cable on their journey into DIY cables and feel no need to go further. Both brands are used extensively on the production and performance side of the industry so they certainly won't hurt your system.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Project Ember Review 49 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 2 minutes ago
- › Tasting audiophile clams and meats 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S700. Why no talk? 5 minutes ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 5 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma 7 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2