Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Somic, the...
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 666
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Nice job! All that matters is that you made it and it works.
Leftmost cable over 2 cables. Then right most cable over the prior left most. Then left most cable under 2 cables. Right most cable under the previous left most. Not sure u understood.. For a clearer idea go google 4 wire round braid. After the y-split I just twisted the two cables.
OK... sounds easy enuff.
The Shiny Vampire RCA set:
4 wire round braid of DHC Nucleotide UPOCC copper wire
Nylon craft cord sleeving for each wire
Custom Vampire Wire rhodium plated RCA connectors
A couple years ago, I used to live literally around the corner from Vampire Wire and used to beg for scraps to play with. The connectors on this interconnect set were custom built for one of Vampire Wire's customers who backed out of the purchase. They had trays and trays of these connectors. I was able to buy two sets of plugs and finally decided to use them. They were pretty expensive, but gorgeously built. Wish I had been able to afford more at the time. The shells are heavily plated with a textured rhodium and feel wonderful in the hand. I added some 3M DiNoc carbon fiber vinyl to the barrels on one side for giggles.
Adding the carbon fiber wrap is a nice touch, but I think the other end of the cable is feeling a bit under-dressed and would like the same treatment. ;)
Beautiful cables, FraGGleR!
This, the carbon fibre ruins it for me.
Sure! Many people start with Canare or Mogami cable on their journey into DIY cables and feel no need to go further. Both brands are used extensively on the production and performance side of the industry so they certainly won't hurt your system.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Portable closed headphones 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Which has the best sound quality - COLORFLY C3, XUELIN IHIFI770C or... 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for some pointers/general help in buying earbuds 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...