- 1,081 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 441post #6601 of 130094/19/11 at 2:52amThanks Hsiu! How much did that TWcu wire cost per foot?post #6602 of 130094/19/11 at 7:20ampost #6603 of 130094/19/11 at 8:46ampost #6604 of 130094/19/11 at 9:18ampost #6605 of 130094/19/11 at 9:45am
As you wish, here is the 2 cable I made for my HD600, the thick one is ALO SXC 22 AWG and the thin one is Cryo-Parts SCSCag solid core 26 AWG silver wire. nake wire braided with Cardas plugpost #6606 of 130094/24/11 at 7:02ampost #6607 of 130094/24/11 at 8:15ampost #6608 of 130094/24/11 at 11:04ampost #6609 of 130094/25/11 at 8:46pmBeing too lazy to read 445 pages and since we have a terrible search function here, doing a simple little recable, Canare star quad or Mogami mini quad?
Canare L-4E5C 21AWG or Mogami W2534 24AWG?
Over at another forum talking about actually using it for recordings, they said Canare sounds "fatter" and Mogami sounds "more detailed in the highs" Can anybody confirm or deny these statements?post #6610 of 130094/25/11 at 9:01pmpost #6611 of 130094/26/11 at 10:07ampost #6612 of 130094/26/11 at 10:17ampost #6613 of 130094/26/11 at 12:20pm
Actually there is a wide opening REAN plug but the individual wires do not fit through the holes that you solder the wire to and it just makes a big mess. I also prefer the Switchcraft plugs over the Rean. And if you are going with connectors for Canare then search for a seller called vintage_audio_labs on ebay they sell massive connectors.
Yes it ate the Rean connector.post #6614 of 130094/26/11 at 12:55pmQuote:
The individual wires of the Mogami Quad or Mini Quad? I havent had problems with none of them.post #6615 of 130094/26/11 at 1:07pm
No I mean the Canare Quad that is 20awg; it doesn't fit.Quote:
Edited by Danthrax - 4/26/11 at 1:17pm
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Download Hobbit 2 The Desolation of Smaug Online 41 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi 2013 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Next headphone for me to get? 1 minute ago
- › x can v8 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Phones imparting the least individual signature, read neutral... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!! 4 minutes ago
- › Senn CX 300 II or Soundmagic E10 or some other in this budget ? 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi