- 1,081 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 7/6/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 441
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As you wish, here is the 2 cable I made for my HD600, the thick one is ALO SXC 22 AWG and the thin one is Cryo-Parts SCSCag solid core 26 AWG silver wire. nake wire braided with Cardas plug
Canare L-4E5C 21AWG or Mogami W2534 24AWG?
Over at another forum talking about actually using it for recordings, they said Canare sounds "fatter" and Mogami sounds "more detailed in the highs" Can anybody confirm or deny these statements?
Actually there is a wide opening REAN plug but the individual wires do not fit through the holes that you solder the wire to and it just makes a big mess. I also prefer the Switchcraft plugs over the Rean. And if you are going with connectors for Canare then search for a seller called vintage_audio_labs on ebay they sell massive connectors.
Yes it ate the Rean connector.
The individual wires of the Mogami Quad or Mini Quad? I havent had problems with none of them.
No I mean the Canare Quad that is 20awg; it doesn't fit.
Edited by Danthrax - 4/26/11 at 1:17pm
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Noble 4 Universal IEM Like New +Spinfit Tips 40 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to the SchiitShow! 1 minute ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 2 minutes ago
- › CUSTOMART AU/NZ CIEM Demo Lineup Tour 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: The Stunning McIntosh D100 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3