- 1,081 Posts. Joined 1/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 441
Gear mentioned in this thread:
As you wish, here is the 2 cable I made for my HD600, the thick one is ALO SXC 22 AWG and the thin one is Cryo-Parts SCSCag solid core 26 AWG silver wire. nake wire braided with Cardas plug
Canare L-4E5C 21AWG or Mogami W2534 24AWG?
Over at another forum talking about actually using it for recordings, they said Canare sounds "fatter" and Mogami sounds "more detailed in the highs" Can anybody confirm or deny these statements?
Actually there is a wide opening REAN plug but the individual wires do not fit through the holes that you solder the wire to and it just makes a big mess. I also prefer the Switchcraft plugs over the Rean. And if you are going with connectors for Canare then search for a seller called vintage_audio_labs on ebay they sell massive connectors.
Yes it ate the Rean connector.
The individual wires of the Mogami Quad or Mini Quad? I havent had problems with none of them.
No I mean the Canare Quad that is 20awg; it doesn't fit.
Edited by Danthrax - 4/26/11 at 1:17pm
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 31 seconds ago
- › 9/13/14 Lawrence, Kansas Headfi meeting Impression. 48 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › 800$ budget, need headphones and amp. I think this should be easy... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs 6 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)