Nice job both, palchiu I like the look of the bare wire on the Siltechs, matches the connectors well.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 409
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow! Impressive Senn Cable there Palchiu ;) What gauge are those Siltech conductors?
I can't found it's spec, but they're not problem into Cardas's connector.
I think they're 4x20AWG or smaller gauge.(20~22AWG)
Hi all, some good looking cables throughout this thread! Have trolled back quite some number of pages now and picked up a few ideas. I realise that this isn't really a discussion thread so apologies in advance, but there is a lot of expertise here that i'd like to mine if possible. I'm looking at making a new cable for my JHA16s. I found in another thread a place to get the terminators from, but in terms of the cable, do you guys think this setup will be ok? I have to buy most of my stuff online cause i'm in australia and there seems to be very few local suppliers
terminators for the IEMs
silver cable in a quad braid then split into twisted cable from the Y split
heatshrink the cables to provide a bit of protection (will this make the cables too rigid?)
pailiccs 3.5mm plugor is there any real benefit of going for a viablue?
cover the entire cable with sleeving (size should be ok?)
any input into how to do the y-split would be appreciated. I saw the qables one, but a 5mm hole is just too big for what i want. was thinking of getting a small amount of plastic tubing and hot gluing the junction inside then adhesive shrink wrap the outside.
Edited by chafingbuttocks - 1/7/11 at 2:13am
Good stuff but I would skip the techflex. It will make it more bulky and it will give you microphonics for sure.
Good find on the silver wire btw! There is not much talk on stranded pure silver wire. Most of it is SPC. I might get some of it for my headphones.
EDIT: a better idea imo would be to twist the four wires together and sleeve it in nylon.
Edited by apatN - 1/7/11 at 4:49am
Thanks for the feedback. The nylon that you're talking about is the solid nylon (like what power and usb cables look like) or a braided one? The only braided cables I can find seem to be of the flexible kind and i really do like the look of it. Will the heat-shrink over the entire cable not reduce microphonics from the braided cable? Otherwise I might look at either having a nude cable or just cover the entire thing in heat shrink if that won't cause any problems with flexibility.
oh, i see.. that techflex one is polyester. can anyone link me a good / cheap place hat will send to australia for some nylon flexo? i saw they make kevlar one too which is interesting.. anyone have experience with it? does it cause microphonics too?
I'm looking for cable similar in size and quality to Canare L-4E5C (23awg mic cable) for my girlfriend. She prefers purple, but I can't seem to find any sold by the foot. Is this product line obsolete?
According to canares website L-4E5C does not come in the color purple. In fact I don't think anything but black is standard for the mini 4E5C but you can buy black by the foot here http://www.redco.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=28&cat=Canare+Quad+Microphone+Cable
also by the foot in multiple colors here http://www.markertek.com/Cables/Bulk-Wire-Cable/Bulk-Audio-Cable/Canare-Corporation-Of-America/L-4E5C-BK.xhtml
You really didn't look very hard at all did you? :P I found these by just typing L-4E5C in google.
Edited by BebopMcJiggy - 1/7/11 at 1:11pm
Hey guys, I've got a question. This is more of a "what if" than a "I'm going to buy this and try it out".
This seller sells Silver wire, but it's not covered with anything. If you use a cotton sheath (or any other type of sheath, really) would it be possible to use this wire as an IC or headphone cable? It says it's 99.999% pure, so it should work, right?
Again, just out of curiosity.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Band Name Game II 44 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › HM-901 59 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 6 minutes ago
- › WA7 pairing with HD800 7 minutes ago
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)