Nice job both, palchiu I like the look of the bare wire on the Siltechs, matches the connectors well.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
This is a Review of Brainwavz S5 in-ear monitors. http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html I was a little cautious approaching the review of the latest flagship in-ear model from Brainwavz. With a...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 superior if...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 409
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wow! Impressive Senn Cable there Palchiu ;) What gauge are those Siltech conductors?
I can't found it's spec, but they're not problem into Cardas's connector.
I think they're 4x20AWG or smaller gauge.(20~22AWG)
Hi all, some good looking cables throughout this thread! Have trolled back quite some number of pages now and picked up a few ideas. I realise that this isn't really a discussion thread so apologies in advance, but there is a lot of expertise here that i'd like to mine if possible. I'm looking at making a new cable for my JHA16s. I found in another thread a place to get the terminators from, but in terms of the cable, do you guys think this setup will be ok? I have to buy most of my stuff online cause i'm in australia and there seems to be very few local suppliers
terminators for the IEMs
silver cable in a quad braid then split into twisted cable from the Y split
heatshrink the cables to provide a bit of protection (will this make the cables too rigid?)
pailiccs 3.5mm plugor is there any real benefit of going for a viablue?
cover the entire cable with sleeving (size should be ok?)
any input into how to do the y-split would be appreciated. I saw the qables one, but a 5mm hole is just too big for what i want. was thinking of getting a small amount of plastic tubing and hot gluing the junction inside then adhesive shrink wrap the outside.
Edited by chafingbuttocks - 1/7/11 at 2:13am
Good stuff but I would skip the techflex. It will make it more bulky and it will give you microphonics for sure.
Good find on the silver wire btw! There is not much talk on stranded pure silver wire. Most of it is SPC. I might get some of it for my headphones.
EDIT: a better idea imo would be to twist the four wires together and sleeve it in nylon.
Edited by apatN - 1/7/11 at 4:49am
Thanks for the feedback. The nylon that you're talking about is the solid nylon (like what power and usb cables look like) or a braided one? The only braided cables I can find seem to be of the flexible kind and i really do like the look of it. Will the heat-shrink over the entire cable not reduce microphonics from the braided cable? Otherwise I might look at either having a nude cable or just cover the entire thing in heat shrink if that won't cause any problems with flexibility.
oh, i see.. that techflex one is polyester. can anyone link me a good / cheap place hat will send to australia for some nylon flexo? i saw they make kevlar one too which is interesting.. anyone have experience with it? does it cause microphonics too?
I'm looking for cable similar in size and quality to Canare L-4E5C (23awg mic cable) for my girlfriend. She prefers purple, but I can't seem to find any sold by the foot. Is this product line obsolete?
According to canares website L-4E5C does not come in the color purple. In fact I don't think anything but black is standard for the mini 4E5C but you can buy black by the foot here http://www.redco.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=28&cat=Canare+Quad+Microphone+Cable
also by the foot in multiple colors here http://www.markertek.com/Cables/Bulk-Wire-Cable/Bulk-Audio-Cable/Canare-Corporation-Of-America/L-4E5C-BK.xhtml
You really didn't look very hard at all did you? :P I found these by just typing L-4E5C in google.
Edited by BebopMcJiggy - 1/7/11 at 1:11pm
Hey guys, I've got a question. This is more of a "what if" than a "I'm going to buy this and try it out".
This seller sells Silver wire, but it's not covered with anything. If you use a cotton sheath (or any other type of sheath, really) would it be possible to use this wire as an IC or headphone cable? It says it's 99.999% pure, so it should work, right?
Again, just out of curiosity.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Who else here is excited for the new Borderlands titles? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphones Recommenditions Please 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › New Fidelio X1 Owner - Some Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.5 - Western Sydney mini-meet - impressions! 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by twister6
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)