Nice job both, palchiu I like the look of the bare wire on the Siltechs, matches the connectors well.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 409
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6122 of 1333012/30/10 at 7:52ampost #6123 of 1333012/30/10 at 8:02ampost #6124 of 133301/4/11 at 9:03amThread StarterQuote:
Wow! Impressive Senn Cable there Palchiu ;) What gauge are those Siltech conductors?post #6125 of 133301/5/11 at 1:17amQuote:
I can't found it's spec, but they're not problem into Cardas's connector.
I think they're 4x20AWG or smaller gauge.(20~22AWG)post #6126 of 133301/7/11 at 1:56am
Hi all, some good looking cables throughout this thread! Have trolled back quite some number of pages now and picked up a few ideas. I realise that this isn't really a discussion thread so apologies in advance, but there is a lot of expertise here that i'd like to mine if possible. I'm looking at making a new cable for my JHA16s. I found in another thread a place to get the terminators from, but in terms of the cable, do you guys think this setup will be ok? I have to buy most of my stuff online cause i'm in australia and there seems to be very few local suppliers
terminators for the IEMs
silver cable in a quad braid then split into twisted cable from the Y split
heatshrink the cables to provide a bit of protection (will this make the cables too rigid?)
pailiccs 3.5mm plugor is there any real benefit of going for a viablue?
cover the entire cable with sleeving (size should be ok?)
any input into how to do the y-split would be appreciated. I saw the qables one, but a 5mm hole is just too big for what i want. was thinking of getting a small amount of plastic tubing and hot gluing the junction inside then adhesive shrink wrap the outside.
Edited by chafingbuttocks - 1/7/11 at 2:13ampost #6127 of 133301/7/11 at 3:05am
Good stuff but I would skip the techflex. It will make it more bulky and it will give you microphonics for sure.
Good find on the silver wire btw! There is not much talk on stranded pure silver wire. Most of it is SPC. I might get some of it for my headphones.
EDIT: a better idea imo would be to twist the four wires together and sleeve it in nylon.
Edited by apatN - 1/7/11 at 4:49ampost #6128 of 133301/7/11 at 5:45am
Thanks for the feedback. The nylon that you're talking about is the solid nylon (like what power and usb cables look like) or a braided one? The only braided cables I can find seem to be of the flexible kind and i really do like the look of it. Will the heat-shrink over the entire cable not reduce microphonics from the braided cable? Otherwise I might look at either having a nude cable or just cover the entire thing in heat shrink if that won't cause any problems with flexibility.post #6129 of 133301/7/11 at 6:12am
oh, i see.. that techflex one is polyester. can anyone link me a good / cheap place hat will send to australia for some nylon flexo? i saw they make kevlar one too which is interesting.. anyone have experience with it? does it cause microphonics too?post #6130 of 133301/7/11 at 7:29ampost #6131 of 133301/7/11 at 12:44pm
I'm looking for cable similar in size and quality to Canare L-4E5C (23awg mic cable) for my girlfriend. She prefers purple, but I can't seem to find any sold by the foot. Is this product line obsolete?post #6132 of 133301/7/11 at 1:08pm
According to canares website L-4E5C does not come in the color purple. In fact I don't think anything but black is standard for the mini 4E5C but you can buy black by the foot here http://www.redco.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=28&cat=Canare+Quad+Microphone+Cable
also by the foot in multiple colors here http://www.markertek.com/Cables/Bulk-Wire-Cable/Bulk-Audio-Cable/Canare-Corporation-Of-America/L-4E5C-BK.xhtml
You really didn't look very hard at all did you? :P I found these by just typing L-4E5C in google.
Edited by BebopMcJiggy - 1/7/11 at 1:11pmpost #6133 of 133301/7/11 at 2:01pmpost #6134 of 133301/7/11 at 2:03pmpost #6135 of 133301/7/11 at 3:07pm
Hey guys, I've got a question. This is more of a "what if" than a "I'm going to buy this and try it out".
This seller sells Silver wire, but it's not covered with anything. If you use a cotton sheath (or any other type of sheath, really) would it be possible to use this wire as an IC or headphone cable? It says it's 99.999% pure, so it should work, right?
Again, just out of curiosity.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] HiFiMAN RE262 - Sophisticated and Beautiful 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › how is spacial imaging increased for iems? 4 minutes ago
- › pupDAC Step-by-Step Build Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › Stymax-Obravo HAMT-1 AMT Hybrid 7 minutes ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 7 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 8 minutes ago
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude