Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 914

post #13696 of 13926

I know these are simple, but they're my first! I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. 

 

Mogami W2549

Rean NYS373

Techflex

 

 

 

post #13697 of 13926
Nice work!
post #13698 of 13926

Some great looking cables!

post #13699 of 13926

Not necessarily Head-fi, but related none the less :rolleyes:

 

 

 

 

 

post #13700 of 13926
Port pro recable







Gettin sick of this color of para cord
Time for a new color
post #13701 of 13926

Hey guys

 

Is there a thread in the forum OR resources for someone who wants to try building DIY cables?

I was looking to build DIY cable for IEM and headphones using nice silver-plated or gold-plated cables

post #13702 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhs9688 View Post
 

Hey guys

 

Is there a thread in the forum OR resources for someone who wants to try building DIY cables?

I was looking to build DIY cable for IEM and headphones using nice silver-plated or gold-plated cables

Gold-plated?

 

post #13703 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhs9688 View Post
 

Hey guys

 

Is there a thread in the forum OR resources for someone who wants to try building DIY cables?

I was looking to build DIY cable for IEM and headphones using nice silver-plated or gold-plated cables

http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-thread

 

Just for the record I don't think that there are gold plated cables...where there are...maybe....but none that I know of.  

post #13704 of 13926
Not strictly a cable however had to repair some SMT joints on a board-board connector. 0.4mm pitch, exacto knife point for scale.

post #13705 of 13926

Sorry I will direct my questions here instead

Thanks


Edited by yhs9688 - 6/15/14 at 8:20pm
post #13706 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zashoomin View Post

http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-thread

Just for the record I don't think that there are gold plated cables...where there are...maybe....but none that I know of.  

There is. It's incredibly dumb and I remember it was like $40+ a foot or something on eBay.

EDIT: Actually the price isn't bad at all... I might make a Gold plated OCC cable now for the hell of it.
Edited by Senpai3330 - 6/19/14 at 12:59pm
post #13707 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65535 View Post

Not strictly a cable however had to repair some SMT joints on a board-board connector. 0.4mm pitch, exacto knife point for scale.

You've got guts. Dang. I need to try some SMD soldering some day just to see what happens. I've found a good video on it, but yours look like original machine work. Dang. :eek:

post #13708 of 13926



Porta pro mark 2

Lighter and more flexible recable
Stripped the cable and removed shielding
Kramer and quarter mods

Soundstage is huge bass and mids less muddy more defined

Dig
post #13709 of 13926

Made an interconnect cable for my mate.

 

7x0.15mm silver plated copper cables in PTFE shielding & REAN plugs

 

post #13710 of 13926

New cable for my LCD2, made from Mogami 2534 internals and Neutrik plugs

 

Close up

:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!