Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 908

post #13606 of 13940
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoEars View Post


Very nice, Furutech right? Know where I can buy a splitter like that?

DHC sells those splitters.
post #13607 of 13940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

DHC sells those splitters.

Plussound Audio also has some new splitters worth looking at. Both it and the DHC ones are much smaller than the Viablue ones, although now that I think of it, they have a smaller one available now as well.
post #13608 of 13940

Crappy picture of my recabled D2K. 4 foot long using toxic cables scorpion standard translucent black copper cable. I swear the sound's darker and bassier than it used to be which is a good thing in my book.

 

EDIT: I forgot the picture...

post #13609 of 13940
Neutrik with Double Helix splitter:
http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=118
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoEars View Post

Very nice, Furutech right? Know where I can buy a splitter like that?
post #13610 of 13940
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Crappy picture of my recabled D2K. 4 foot long using toxic cables scorpion standard translucent black copper cable. I swear the sound's darker and bassier than it used to be which is a good thing in my book.

EDIT: I forgot the picture...

Beautiful cable!!!
post #13611 of 13940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post


Beautiful cable!!!

Thanks mate, hell of a lot better in terms of convenience than the stock denon cable it is too.

post #13612 of 13940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Crappy picture of my recabled D2K. 4 foot long using toxic cables scorpion standard translucent black copper cable. I swear the sound's darker and bassier than it used to be which is a good thing in my book.

EDIT: I forgot the picture...
Beautiful cable!!!

 

Looks like the way i do my recables. Neutrik straight and 26awg wire? I use btg audio wire. Looks very similar to that toxic... I prefer to braid it like that as well. It adds flexibility. I see a lot of braids that are tighter, but then it doesn't feel as soft.

post #13613 of 13940

Sorry for the last discussion i've made. Okay, i'll just post photos here...:D

 

did some test cable last night

 

1,2 meter m2m for my modded detachable headphone, good cable (Click to show)
1782160_10201911035637110_7203544816322461064_n.jpg
post #13614 of 13940
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

Looks like the way i do my recables. Neutrik straight and 26awg wire? I use btg audio wire. Looks very similar to that toxic... I prefer to braid it like that as well. It adds flexibility. I see a lot of braids that are tighter, but then it doesn't feel as soft.
Rean straight actually, but they look so similar they might as well be the same jack. I originally recabled because I hated how stiff the stock cable was so I went with a loose braid to aid in flexibility.
post #13615 of 13940
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post


Rean straight actually, but they look so similar they might as well be the same jack. I originally recabled because I hated how stiff the stock cable was so I went with a loose braid to aid in flexibility.

They are the same jack, Rean is just another name for Neutrik.

 

Nice cable BTW.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #13616 of 13940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post
 

They are the same jack, Rean is just another name for Neutrik.

 

Nice cable BTW.

Oh I had no idea, interesting bit of information!

 

Thanks, your wire is excellent stuff too :D

post #13617 of 13940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post

Rean straight actually, but they look so similar they might as well be the same jack. I originally recabled because I hated how stiff the stock cable was so I went with a loose braid to aid in flexibility.
They are the same jack, Rean is just another name for Neutrik.

Nice cable BTW.
Yep. :-) mine are rean as well.
post #13618 of 13940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

They are the same jack, Rean is just another name for Neutrik.

Nice cable BTW.

Neutrik owns Rean, they are independent product lines. Rean connectors are not on the same level of quality as Neutrik, they are good connectors but they aren't Neutrik.
post #13619 of 13940
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65535 View Post


Neutrik owns Rean, they are independent product lines. Rean connectors are not on the same level of quality as Neutrik, they are good connectors but they aren't Neutrik.

Both the Neutrik and rean 3.5mm plugs are the exact quality as they are the same plug, just different logo. You will find that many places you order Neutrik from will also send you the rean instead.

 

Only place you will see different quality is when the exact same connector is not sold in both the Neutrik and Rean brands, so how do you compare one against the other. When you find the same product under both brands, you will find them to be the same, they are just sold under 2 different brands.

 

Even on the rean site, you will find that the actual product pictures show the Neutrik branded plugs, http://www.rean-connectors.com/en/products/35-mm-plugs/

 

Some of the products that are now being sold with both Neutrik and Rean brands, will soon only be available in the Rean brand, including the 3.5mm plugs, that's my understanding from speaking directly with Neutrik UK some time ago.

 

Anyhow, this is the picture gallery.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 5/18/14 at 11:37am

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #13620 of 13940
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
 

Oh I had no idea, interesting bit of information!

 

Thanks, your wire is excellent stuff too :D

Thank you, in future please PM me to place orders as shipping would be cheaper, the shipping on the site is set for cables, not sure how to adjust it for parts.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!