Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 5/3/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 902
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not mine just a picture from the net...
And according to Kester
Edited by TrollDragon - 4/30/14 at 7:15pm
In keeping with the thread topic, two DIY cables:
1) ALO 22 gauge OFC 4 wire braid with Switchcraft 35HD Series 3.5mm plug and Cardas RCAs
2) Mogami 2534 Neglex Star-Quad with Switchcraft 35HD Series right angle and straight 3.5mm plugs
(WBT 0800 and Mundorf Supreme solders)
mighty nice work!
Here's my personal spool of Kester 44...
And for those curious, my incredibly messy work area...
This thread needs more pictures, so what the heck. A cute little double 3-pin male XLR to 4-pin female XLR. Why not.
Also - I don't I could stand being the next toxic cables. Making the cables is fine but dealing with the customers would be a nightmare! Why does it cost so much? Can I get a silver connector instead of black one? Can you make the sleeving in purple? Aren't the wires supposed to thicker? Why don't you use that solder mixture? My cable broke d/t shoddy workmanship! (cut in half by scissors)...
If I was going to do that I'd need someone to handle all the customers while I retired to the basement, listened to mozart and actually made cables.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Three Word Story 9 seconds ago
- › Hello, new here, planning my first purchases. 10 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 20 seconds ago
- › Help choosing headphones for computer. MDRHW700DS/Fidelio x2/PC 363 50 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › Clear Tune Monitors CT-6E Elite Flagship Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2