Signal cables should be shielded, it's bad practice not to. Headphone cables don't require shielding.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 5/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Westone for providing me with review sample in exchange for my honest opinion....
An early welcome greeted me when I arrived in Los Angeles for the 2015 CanJam SoCal meet: A new pair of MrSpeakers headphones. Dan Clark, having spent many years modifying the inexpensive...
This will be more of my impressions/comparisons and less of a review. I will be comparing them to the HD800 & K712 Pro ran over USB to the Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp (HD800 - Low Gain, K12 - Low Gain,...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 899
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Does that mean if I make a 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect, the ground isn't all that necessary? Meaning I can run just two wires?
(Just curious, and sorry for the lack of cable knowledge:)
No. Each channel,L /R has.a positive and negative polarity each,and they are terminated at both ends of the voice coil.
My first DIY Audeze cable using 22 gauge solid silver wire in 19 guage teflon tubing using a litz braid terminated using a viablue jack, and amphenol mini xlrs, viablue splitter and viablue cable sleeving. I went for durability and used a ton of heat shrink, this cable should last forever. Also the amphenol mini's are tough to work with, go with Neutriks. Next its silver interconnects for my Asgard 2.
just picked up an he-500 and hate the stock cable (seriously, THAT cable for an $800-900 list price headphone??). so i just made one with some materials i already had - canare cable w/out sheathing, litz braid. terminated with neutrik 4-pin xlr. covered in steel grey 550 paracord. viablue y-split, which is kind of big for the 6 ft. cable, but isn't really that heavy. actually complements the xlr connector pretty well. the parts that connect to the headphone haven't been finished b/c i'm waiting for some red heatshrink to arrive before sealing everything up. other than that, works/sounds pretty good.
up next: finishing up my hd-800 cable.
Edited by kugino - 4/25/14 at 3:52pm
My latest 3.5 interconnect. I started using BTG Audio wire. This is the 26 AWG clear LLDPE silver plated copper wire and some neutriks.
This stuff is awesome. Very smooth and flexible.
Edited by luisdent - 4/27/14 at 3:40pm
nice! i've used BTG's wires for my DIY cables, too. good price/performance.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 33 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 46 seconds ago
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 2 minutes ago
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 5 minutes ago
- › Meizu MX4 Pro 7 minutes ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 8 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 8 minutes ago
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)