Signal cables should be shielded, it's bad practice not to. Headphone cables don't require shielding.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 5/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 899
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Does that mean if I make a 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect, the ground isn't all that necessary? Meaning I can run just two wires?
(Just curious, and sorry for the lack of cable knowledge:)
You have to have a ground wire for the cable to work. 3 wire (conductor) minimum for a mini-mini.
Questions are better answered HERE.
No. Each channel,L /R has.a positive and negative polarity each,and they are terminated at both ends of the voice coil.
My first DIY Audeze cable using 22 gauge solid silver wire in 19 guage teflon tubing using a litz braid terminated using a viablue jack, and amphenol mini xlrs, viablue splitter and viablue cable sleeving. I went for durability and used a ton of heat shrink, this cable should last forever. Also the amphenol mini's are tough to work with, go with Neutriks. Next its silver interconnects for my Asgard 2.
just picked up an he-500 and hate the stock cable (seriously, THAT cable for an $800-900 list price headphone??). so i just made one with some materials i already had - canare cable w/out sheathing, litz braid. terminated with neutrik 4-pin xlr. covered in steel grey 550 paracord. viablue y-split, which is kind of big for the 6 ft. cable, but isn't really that heavy. actually complements the xlr connector pretty well. the parts that connect to the headphone haven't been finished b/c i'm waiting for some red heatshrink to arrive before sealing everything up. other than that, works/sounds pretty good.
up next: finishing up my hd-800 cable.
Edited by kugino - 4/25/14 at 3:52pm
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 seconds ago
- › Mapletree Audio Ear + Purist HD with Raytheon Windmill Getter,... 9 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 52 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-IM50 Dual symphonic-driver In-ear Monitor... 1 minute ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › Review: EarWerkz Legend Omega and Legend R - With Comparisons 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Why tubes but no equalization? 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2