Signal cables should be shielded, it's bad practice not to. Headphone cables don't require shielding.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 899
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Does that mean if I make a 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect, the ground isn't all that necessary? Meaning I can run just two wires?
(Just curious, and sorry for the lack of cable knowledge:)
You have to have a ground wire for the cable to work. 3 wire (conductor) minimum for a mini-mini.
Questions are better answered HERE.
No. Each channel,L /R has.a positive and negative polarity each,and they are terminated at both ends of the voice coil.
My first DIY Audeze cable using 22 gauge solid silver wire in 19 guage teflon tubing using a litz braid terminated using a viablue jack, and amphenol mini xlrs, viablue splitter and viablue cable sleeving. I went for durability and used a ton of heat shrink, this cable should last forever. Also the amphenol mini's are tough to work with, go with Neutriks. Next its silver interconnects for my Asgard 2.
just picked up an he-500 and hate the stock cable (seriously, THAT cable for an $800-900 list price headphone??). so i just made one with some materials i already had - canare cable w/out sheathing, litz braid. terminated with neutrik 4-pin xlr. covered in steel grey 550 paracord. viablue y-split, which is kind of big for the 6 ft. cable, but isn't really that heavy. actually complements the xlr connector pretty well. the parts that connect to the headphone haven't been finished b/c i'm waiting for some red heatshrink to arrive before sealing everything up. other than that, works/sounds pretty good.
up next: finishing up my hd-800 cable.
Edited by kugino - 4/25/14 at 3:52pm
My latest 3.5 interconnect. I started using BTG Audio wire. This is the 26 AWG clear LLDPE silver plated copper wire and some neutriks.
This stuff is awesome. Very smooth and flexible.
Edited by luisdent - 4/27/14 at 3:40pm
nice! i've used BTG's wires for my DIY cables, too. good price/performance.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 45 seconds ago
- › Which earbuds should I buy? 58 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FS/FT Beyerdynamic t5p 5 minutes ago
- › Ps audio direct stream dsd DAC 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 6 minutes ago
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)