Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 892
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Haha I just use a dremel and go nuts . I think its kinda fun. Then again I do it with cheep headphones not $1000 ones.
DT880 cups anyway, not sure about the higher end models.
How's the fit? I want to put a Lemo connector in my T70's but I don't think there is enough room to make it fit comfortably. Does anyone have a model number for a XLR that fits the Beyers so I can compare dimensions to my Lemo?
Searching for the right cable in this 800 pages thread is a daunting task. So i could hope for a straightforward answer (and maybe be updated in the front page too, for easier future reference)
I need recommendation on recabling my T50RP. I'm planning to do dual sided mini xlr configuration and terminated with a 3.5mm connector.
Here are my questions :
1. Where to get a threaded 3.5mm connector? I found one at Qables website, but they are from the UK and I just don't have the time to wait for them to ship. Plus they only sell the jack and not the jacket.
2. Which cables to use? The choices are strictly from Redco though as I don't have the luxury to pay for shipping fees from other online store.
3. I'm going to use Techflex Flexo PET as the sleeve. Are the measurements given the maximum diameter before elongating the sleeve? How much elongation is when the diameter is minimum, after elongating the sleeve?
4. What are the points on choosing the right shrink tubes?
Do note that I'm only buying from Redco due to time and money constraint. Except for the threaded 3.5mm jack
Thanks for your advice!
I made this from am AKG Q-701 cable that had some shorts in it in another part of the cable. RSA Mustang is tied down to Fiio E10 via bicycle tube cut crosswise. Somehow, I don't think the bicycle tube tie-down and AKG cable are the bottlenecks in the system, and the $ I saved can go to buying el-84s for my stereo amplifier for my speaker rig.
You are lucky that all connectors are either made in Japan or Europe.
1.62 GDP is normally the cost of a single connector for me.
Yeah, the connectors were 85p each (I forgot the exact amount, so it cost me £1.70 not £1.62 :P )
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › What smartphone screen size do you prefer? 1 minute ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 3 minutes ago
- › DT990 250Ohm / Pro 250Ohm, replace my current amp? 3 minutes ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)