Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 892
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Haha I just use a dremel and go nuts . I think its kinda fun. Then again I do it with cheep headphones not $1000 ones.
DT880 cups anyway, not sure about the higher end models.
How's the fit? I want to put a Lemo connector in my T70's but I don't think there is enough room to make it fit comfortably. Does anyone have a model number for a XLR that fits the Beyers so I can compare dimensions to my Lemo?
Searching for the right cable in this 800 pages thread is a daunting task. So i could hope for a straightforward answer (and maybe be updated in the front page too, for easier future reference)
I need recommendation on recabling my T50RP. I'm planning to do dual sided mini xlr configuration and terminated with a 3.5mm connector.
Here are my questions :
1. Where to get a threaded 3.5mm connector? I found one at Qables website, but they are from the UK and I just don't have the time to wait for them to ship. Plus they only sell the jack and not the jacket.
2. Which cables to use? The choices are strictly from Redco though as I don't have the luxury to pay for shipping fees from other online store.
3. I'm going to use Techflex Flexo PET as the sleeve. Are the measurements given the maximum diameter before elongating the sleeve? How much elongation is when the diameter is minimum, after elongating the sleeve?
4. What are the points on choosing the right shrink tubes?
Do note that I'm only buying from Redco due to time and money constraint. Except for the threaded 3.5mm jack
Thanks for your advice!
I made this from am AKG Q-701 cable that had some shorts in it in another part of the cable. RSA Mustang is tied down to Fiio E10 via bicycle tube cut crosswise. Somehow, I don't think the bicycle tube tie-down and AKG cable are the bottlenecks in the system, and the $ I saved can go to buying el-84s for my stereo amplifier for my speaker rig.
You are lucky that all connectors are either made in Japan or Europe.
1.62 GDP is normally the cost of a single connector for me.
Yeah, the connectors were 85p each (I forgot the exact amount, so it cost me £1.70 not £1.62 :P )
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 10 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread 20 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 29 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 34 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Vintage Marantz 2238B Receiver 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help with Beyer DT770 600 ohm recable mod 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)