Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 7/6/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 892
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Haha I just use a dremel and go nuts . I think its kinda fun. Then again I do it with cheep headphones not $1000 ones.
DT880 cups anyway, not sure about the higher end models.
How's the fit? I want to put a Lemo connector in my T70's but I don't think there is enough room to make it fit comfortably. Does anyone have a model number for a XLR that fits the Beyers so I can compare dimensions to my Lemo?
Searching for the right cable in this 800 pages thread is a daunting task. So i could hope for a straightforward answer (and maybe be updated in the front page too, for easier future reference)
I need recommendation on recabling my T50RP. I'm planning to do dual sided mini xlr configuration and terminated with a 3.5mm connector.
Here are my questions :
1. Where to get a threaded 3.5mm connector? I found one at Qables website, but they are from the UK and I just don't have the time to wait for them to ship. Plus they only sell the jack and not the jacket.
2. Which cables to use? The choices are strictly from Redco though as I don't have the luxury to pay for shipping fees from other online store.
3. I'm going to use Techflex Flexo PET as the sleeve. Are the measurements given the maximum diameter before elongating the sleeve? How much elongation is when the diameter is minimum, after elongating the sleeve?
4. What are the points on choosing the right shrink tubes?
Do note that I'm only buying from Redco due to time and money constraint. Except for the threaded 3.5mm jack
Thanks for your advice!
I made this from am AKG Q-701 cable that had some shorts in it in another part of the cable. RSA Mustang is tied down to Fiio E10 via bicycle tube cut crosswise. Somehow, I don't think the bicycle tube tie-down and AKG cable are the bottlenecks in the system, and the $ I saved can go to buying el-84s for my stereo amplifier for my speaker rig.
You are lucky that all connectors are either made in Japan or Europe.
1.62 GDP is normally the cost of a single connector for me.
Yeah, the connectors were 85p each (I forgot the exact amount, so it cost me £1.70 not £1.62 :P )
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › selling one of my E12 DIY( price adjusted) 31 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 59 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT990 (ver.2005) Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade from HD598+Fiio E10 ($600~$700 Budget) 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › A new set of "cans" with some bass? 2 minutes ago
- › KSC75 sound in an Closed Back/IEM? 2 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3