Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 885

post #13261 of 14187

Made a little interconnect for my test rig.

 

post #13262 of 14187

Made my DT880s dual entry removable cable (4 pin mini XLRs) so I could use the same cable for my audezes.

 

Had to make a balanced cable for these cans.  Using some OFC copper, neutrik XLR plug and some chinese mini xlrs.

 

post #13263 of 14187

Did a balanced dual entry on my Q701s with some Mogami 2534. 4 Wire litz braid, 550 paracord. Terminated in two female neutrik 3-pin xlr. I also built the matching interconnect for unbalanced use with a different type of neturik 3-pin xlr and a switchcraft right-angle TRS.

 

 

post #13264 of 14187
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSung View Post
 

Made my DT880s dual entry removable cable (4 pin mini XLRs) so I could use the same cable for my audezes.

Nice work, that's a lot of fun isn't it. ;)

Which tiny xlr socket did you use? It looks very close to the driver baffle.

post #13265 of 14187
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

Nice work, that's a lot of fun isn't it. ;)

Which tiny xlr socket did you use? It looks very close to the driver baffle.

 

It was a rather scary project to do with the drilling into the dt880s, but turned out fun in the end.  I used redco's sockets I think, I ordered them a while back and haven't touched the project till recently.  It's not that close to the driver baffle, I think it's just the angle of the photo


Edited by MoonSung - 2/5/14 at 8:07pm
post #13266 of 14187
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSung View Post
 

 

It was a rather scary project to do with the drilling into the dt880s, but turned out fun in the end.  I used redco's sockets I think, I ordered them a while back and haven't touched the project till recently.  It's not that close to the driver baffle, I think it's just the angle of the photo

Nice Job for sure, I used Neutrik's in mine but I will have a look at the Redco's if I do another.

:beerchug:

post #13267 of 14187
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

Nice Job for sure, I used Neutrik's in mine but I will have a look at the Redco's if I do another.

:beerchug:

I was going to mention that you have this done to your DT880's, but you've already seen this! I'm probably going to do this same thing to my DT770 Premium 600ohm shortly after I get them in the mail :D

post #13268 of 14187
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSung View Post
 

Made my DT880s dual entry removable cable (4 pin mini XLRs) so I could use the same cable for my audezes.

 

Had to make a balanced cable for these cans.  Using some OFC copper, neutrik XLR plug and some chinese mini xlrs.

 

 

Which wire is that specifically?

post #13269 of 14187
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post

I was going to mention that you have this done to your DT880's, but you've already seen this! I'm probably going to do this same thing to my DT770 Premium 600ohm shortly after I get them in the mail biggrin.gif
Going to be a sweet mod!
Pictures for sure and don't forget to be extremely careful with the beyer drivers, really easy to snap a voice coil wire. wink.gif
post #13270 of 14187
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post


Going to be a sweet mod!
Pictures for sure and don't forget to be extremely careful with the beyer drivers, really easy to snap a voice coil wire. wink.gif

I'll upload pics when I'm done. I haven't even ordered the mini xlr panel mount chassis yet. I'll be extra careful :P

post #13271 of 14187
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post

I was going to mention that you have this done to your DT880's, but you've already seen this! I'm probably going to do this same thing to my DT770 Premium 600ohm shortly after I get them in the mail biggrin.gif
Going to be a sweet mod!
Pictures for sure and don't forget to be extremely careful with the beyer drivers, really easy to snap a voice coil wire. wink.gif
It really is harder to snap than some make it seem. I've modded 4 pair of beyers and none have snapped on me and I wasn't particularly careful with them. I did get a pair with a snapped coil wire for repair and it was a pain! It took me a good 6 tries to finally get it soldered and working properly. Never again...
post #13272 of 14187
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

Which wire is that specifically?

It was just some mogami 2534 that I stripped. I just use the clear cables inside for unsleeved cables like that and the blue cables for paracord sleeved ones. It was one of the cheapest ways to get cables for me.
post #13273 of 14187

Full balanced recable with an 8-wire braid on my Audio Technica ATH-M50.

 

post #13274 of 14187
Quote:
Originally Posted by PXSS View Post


It really is harder to snap than some make it seem. I've modded 4 pair of beyers and none have snapped on me and I wasn't particularly careful with them. I did get a pair with a snapped coil wire for repair and it was a pain! It took me a good 6 tries to finally get it soldered and working properly. Never again...

Those little tangs will pull out of the plastic really easy, as liquidzoo and myself have found out. Yes that is delicate work reconnecting the voice coil wire back up. :)

 

Could have just been our drivers were a little sloppy with the fit of the tangs, or possibly the iron was a little too hot. ;)

post #13275 of 14187

Just this morning someone in a Beyer thread said they snapped off a tab on their DT990 250 ohm driver and ripped the voice coil wire. Ouch.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!