Sweet, as you see on my cable above I used one for the y-split, I like it in black for the y-split, goes with the nylon sheathing
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 883
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Working damn good as a cinch:
(My first quad braid btw )
My first proper attempt at making a cable, a bit ghetto but I like the result and since the original cable is broken and this works fine it'll do.
Done with an old paracord I had lying around, a ferrite bead from an old power supply to cover the Y split (just for looks), 10 years old heat shrink and a Neutrik 1/4 right angle plug.
It's a bit rough on the Hifiman plug end, mainly the heat shrink doesn't end straight but I can always fix it later.
Nothing "ghetto" about that cable.
Unless ghetto means sexy.
Ahah, thanks I guess I meant ghetto more for the materials used, maybe frugal would have been a better choice!
I keep wanting to try out those Neutrik jacks, but they're quite pricey... any chance you have a pic of their internals?
They're excellent connectors, I really like having the cable clamp. The only other RCA that I know of that has it is one Rean model but it's much less attractive.
I did not make this cable myself but had commissioned ostewart to do so. As always he did an excellent job.
I 'only' added the black and red heat shrink and installed it.
I prefer straight jacks over the L shaped. I know I could use epoxy but I prefer using the housing that comes with the jacks.
Another cable (made for a fellow head-fier CaptZ, for his AKG K501 that he will recable)
It is 14ft long, copper cable from Toxic Cables, sheathed in nylon, housing from a neutrik L jack as the y-split, also a jack from Toxic cables.
Edited by Capt. Z - 2/1/14 at 8:21am
I have a really noobish question, but I can't seem to find the answer in earlier posts (although, I did not go though all 883 pages).
Where do you get/what are the technically called the part that covers the Y split on the cable?
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 34 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 45 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 46 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › The decline of K Mart 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...