Sweet, as you see on my cable above I used one for the y-split, I like it in black for the y-split, goes with the nylon sheathing
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 7/6/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 883
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Working damn good as a cinch:
(My first quad braid btw )
My first proper attempt at making a cable, a bit ghetto but I like the result and since the original cable is broken and this works fine it'll do.
Done with an old paracord I had lying around, a ferrite bead from an old power supply to cover the Y split (just for looks), 10 years old heat shrink and a Neutrik 1/4 right angle plug.
It's a bit rough on the Hifiman plug end, mainly the heat shrink doesn't end straight but I can always fix it later.
Nothing "ghetto" about that cable.
Unless ghetto means sexy.
Ahah, thanks I guess I meant ghetto more for the materials used, maybe frugal would have been a better choice!
I keep wanting to try out those Neutrik jacks, but they're quite pricey... any chance you have a pic of their internals?
They're excellent connectors, I really like having the cable clamp. The only other RCA that I know of that has it is one Rean model but it's much less attractive.
I did not make this cable myself but had commissioned ostewart to do so. As always he did an excellent job.
I 'only' added the black and red heat shrink and installed it.
I prefer straight jacks over the L shaped. I know I could use epoxy but I prefer using the housing that comes with the jacks.
Another cable (made for a fellow head-fier CaptZ, for his AKG K501 that he will recable)
It is 14ft long, copper cable from Toxic Cables, sheathed in nylon, housing from a neutrik L jack as the y-split, also a jack from Toxic cables.
Edited by Capt. Z - 2/1/14 at 8:21am
I have a really noobish question, but I can't seem to find the answer in earlier posts (although, I did not go though all 883 pages).
Where do you get/what are the technically called the part that covers the Y split on the cable?
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 2 minutes ago
- › New HD 800 very different than the old HD 800 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Telos Acoustics 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 7 minutes ago
- › Fujisan by Telos Acoustics - impressions, review, and question thread 8 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 8 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 9 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3