Sweet, as you see on my cable above I used one for the y-split, I like it in black for the y-split, goes with the nylon sheathing
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 883
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Working damn good as a cinch:
(My first quad braid btw )
My first proper attempt at making a cable, a bit ghetto but I like the result and since the original cable is broken and this works fine it'll do.
Done with an old paracord I had lying around, a ferrite bead from an old power supply to cover the Y split (just for looks), 10 years old heat shrink and a Neutrik 1/4 right angle plug.
It's a bit rough on the Hifiman plug end, mainly the heat shrink doesn't end straight but I can always fix it later.
Nothing "ghetto" about that cable.
Unless ghetto means sexy.
Ahah, thanks I guess I meant ghetto more for the materials used, maybe frugal would have been a better choice!
I keep wanting to try out those Neutrik jacks, but they're quite pricey... any chance you have a pic of their internals?
They're excellent connectors, I really like having the cable clamp. The only other RCA that I know of that has it is one Rean model but it's much less attractive.
I did not make this cable myself but had commissioned ostewart to do so. As always he did an excellent job.
I 'only' added the black and red heat shrink and installed it.
I prefer straight jacks over the L shaped. I know I could use epoxy but I prefer using the housing that comes with the jacks.
Another cable (made for a fellow head-fier CaptZ, for his AKG K501 that he will recable)
It is 14ft long, copper cable from Toxic Cables, sheathed in nylon, housing from a neutrik L jack as the y-split, also a jack from Toxic cables.
Edited by Capt. Z - 2/1/14 at 8:21am
I have a really noobish question, but I can't seem to find the answer in earlier posts (although, I did not go though all 883 pages).
Where do you get/what are the technically called the part that covers the Y split on the cable?
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 42 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 5 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 6 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 9 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 9 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 10 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 10 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 10 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 11 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 11 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear