Sweet, as you see on my cable above I used one for the y-split, I like it in black for the y-split, goes with the nylon sheathing
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION A Diamond In The Rough Feliks Audio is a family company...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 883
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Working damn good as a cinch:
(My first quad braid btw )
My first proper attempt at making a cable, a bit ghetto but I like the result and since the original cable is broken and this works fine it'll do.
Done with an old paracord I had lying around, a ferrite bead from an old power supply to cover the Y split (just for looks), 10 years old heat shrink and a Neutrik 1/4 right angle plug.
It's a bit rough on the Hifiman plug end, mainly the heat shrink doesn't end straight but I can always fix it later.
Nothing "ghetto" about that cable.
Unless ghetto means sexy.
Ahah, thanks I guess I meant ghetto more for the materials used, maybe frugal would have been a better choice!
I keep wanting to try out those Neutrik jacks, but they're quite pricey... any chance you have a pic of their internals?
They're excellent connectors, I really like having the cable clamp. The only other RCA that I know of that has it is one Rean model but it's much less attractive.
I did not make this cable myself but had commissioned ostewart to do so. As always he did an excellent job.
I 'only' added the black and red heat shrink and installed it.
I prefer straight jacks over the L shaped. I know I could use epoxy but I prefer using the housing that comes with the jacks.
Another cable (made for a fellow head-fier CaptZ, for his AKG K501 that he will recable)
It is 14ft long, copper cable from Toxic Cables, sheathed in nylon, housing from a neutrik L jack as the y-split, also a jack from Toxic cables.
Edited by Capt. Z - 2/1/14 at 8:21am
I have a really noobish question, but I can't seem to find the answer in earlier posts (although, I did not go though all 883 pages).
Where do you get/what are the technically called the part that covers the Y split on the cable?
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Band Name Game II 12 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 35 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › PLEASE HELP!!! Looking for a desktop DAC/AMP or standalone AMP... 1 minute ago
- › Android phone amp without dac 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Custom IEMs worn straight down 2 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 3 minutes ago
- › CREEK Evo 50CD 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...