Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 881

post #13201 of 13926

If I remember correctly, they're similar to the Pailiccs, right? 

post #13202 of 13926

Smaller...

 

post #13203 of 13926

Well I guess that's smaller, but on a Pailiccs the ground is not separate from the other two, so that could be harder to work with. I was having a hard time getting my barrel to thread onto the connector because of the angle I soldered the ground at. I ended up taking it off and resoldering it. 

post #13204 of 13926
How would you solder the ring post on that? Just contact solder or wrap the wire around the post? Or am i missing something?

And what is the screw for? Just to hold the back part together with the main body? Or does it provide any other clamping force or something for the wires?
post #13205 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

How would you solder the ring post on that? Just contact solder or wrap the wire around the post? Or am i missing something?

And what is the screw for? Just to hold the back part together with the main body? Or does it provide any other clamping force or something for the wires?

I didn't have any problem soldering to it when I repaired the HPL cable for my Westone 4 that had a 3.5 Viablue on it. Just make sure you have a good solder on there and it should be good. The screw furthest back on the barrel is where the strain relief is. 

 

Here's that cable:

 

I guess I didn't take any close ups of the connector. 

post #13206 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

How would you solder the ring post on that? Just contact solder or wrap the wire around the post? Or am i missing something?


And what is the screw for? Just to hold the back part together with the main body? Or does it provide any other clamping force or something for the wires?
I didn't have any problem soldering to it when I repaired the HPL cable for my Westone 4 that had a 3.5 Viablue on it. Just make sure you have a good solder on there and it should be good. The screw furthest back on the barrel is where the strain relief is. 

Here's that cable:



I guess I didn't take any close ups of the connector. 
So you just lay the wire against the contact and solder?
post #13207 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post


So you just lay the wire against the contact and solder?

 

More or less, yeah.

post #13208 of 13926

Yeah i have no problems soldering the viablue, as i make a lot of LOD's which have smaller contacts. But i prefer the pailiccs to work with

post #13209 of 13926

Pailiccs are probably my favorite to work with and the best looking IMO.

post #13210 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post
 

Pailiccs are probably my favorite to work with and the best looking IMO.

Now you know you just want to touch a soldering iron to a set of $450 WBT RCA Plugs... :D

post #13211 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post
 

Pailiccs are probably my favorite to work with and the best looking IMO.

Now you know you just want to touch a soldering iron to a set of $450 WBT RCA Plugs... :D

 

I'll stick with my $0.89 neutriks ;) hahaha

post #13212 of 13926
Where so you get Neutrik RCA connectors for $0.89 I pay $16 per pair.
post #13213 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65535 View Post

Where so you get Neutrik RCA connectors for $0.89 I pay $16 per pair.

 

I was kidding.  I meant the neutrik 3.5 jacks.  Not the RCA.  I'll stick with those. ;)  RCA are more expensive.

 

UPDATE:

I just found these:

http://www.daleproaudio.com/p-4071-neutrik-nys352-rca-male-connector.aspx

 

BAM!  $.89 haha

 

They don't look half as good, but they might still work fine, haven't tried them.


Edited by luisdent - 1/24/14 at 3:49pm
post #13214 of 13926

Personally i used these RCA's, fine for what i needed and cheap:

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=2327

 

not $0.89 though, $6 a pair.

post #13215 of 13926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostewart View Post
 

Personally i used these RCA's, fine for what i needed and cheap:

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=2327

 

not $0.89 though, $6 a pair.

 

Those look much nicer and still not bad for a pair.  Not bad at all.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!