Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 878

post #13156 of 13928

Sennheiser HD-580 Cable


Sleeve: TechFlex Rattlesnake (1/4 & 1/8 Inch)
Cable: Canare L4E6S Quad Star 8FT
Termination: Cardas HPSC / Neutrik NP3X-B
Approximate Materials Cost: $70

 

 

 

 

This was my first true DIY Cable, doing the proper research. I think i did pretty well for my first attempt? All connections were soldered with the cardas silver solder, made great connections!

It's nice making your own cables, you save so much money!(a comparable cable would be 200+)


Edited by tgeml - 1/13/14 at 8:40pm
post #13157 of 13928
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgeml View Post
 

Sennheiser HD-580 Cable


Sleeve: TechFlex Rattlesnake (1/4 & 1/8 Inch)
Cable: Canare L4E6S Quad Star 8FT
Termination: Cardas HPSC / Neutrik NP3X-B
Approximate Materials Cost: $70

 

 

 

 

This was my first true DIY Cable, doing the proper research. I think i did pretty well for my first attempt? All connections were soldered with the cardas silver solder, made great connections!

It's nice making your own cables, you save so much money!(a comparable cable would be 200+)


Excellent. Very nice. The sleeve would look great with Audeze LCD 2/3 I'd imagine.

post #13158 of 13928

I really like this look with the Pailiccs plug wrapped with a dual-wall heavy-duty heat shrink. It took a long time to shrink it and I had to raise my Hakoo's temp to 899F.

 

post #13159 of 13928

Been making cables for my own use for a while now,  thought it'll be fun to share some of those that's still with me.

 

3.5mm to 3 pin mini xlr (for my AKG q701s), using copper wire I got from BTG.

 

 

Random usb cable (8 strand SPC); made it while I was learning how to make cables, pretty wasteful, now that I think about it.

Cable for tf10s; SPC from BTG, viablu 3.5mm.

trrs to trrs cable, 8 strand (copper from stripped mogami 2893, which is the same thing as the stuff from btg)

6.3mm to 3.5mm female extension cable; mogami 2534

post #13160 of 13928
Quote:
Originally Posted by larken View Post
 

Been making cables for my own use for a while now,  thought it'll be fun to share some of those that's still with me.

 

3.5mm to 3 pin mini xlr (for my AKG q701s), using copper wire I got from BTG.

 

 

Random usb cable (8 strand SPC); made it while I was learning how to make cables, pretty wasteful, now that I think about it.

Cable for tf10s; SPC from BTG, viablu 3.5mm.

trrs to trrs cable, 8 strand (copper from stripped mogami 2893, which is the same thing as the stuff from btg)

6.3mm to 3.5mm female extension cable; mogami 2534

These look fantastic.  Good job

post #13161 of 13928

Made a couple of cables for my modded phones.

 

Brainwavz HM3 with semi-open mod, detachable cable, angled pads, etc.

Canare quad cable, neutrik straight plug, and switchcraft right angle plug.

 

 

Ultrasone iCans. I opened it up completely blocked off the ports at the bottom and other places so all the air exit the cup. Replaced the baffle with a custom carbon fiber baffle.

Stripped the canare cable, braided it, and sleeved it with techflex and left over fiberglass sleeve. Sennheiser plug. 

post #13162 of 13928
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post
 

Made a couple of cables for my modded phones.

 

Brainwavz HM3 with semi-open mod, detachable cable, angled pads, etc.

Canare quad cable, neutrik straight plug, and switchcraft right angle plug.

 

 

Ultrasone iCans. I opened it up completely blocked off the ports at the bottom and other places so all the air exit the cup. Replaced the baffle with a custom carbon fiber baffle.

Stripped the canare cable, braided it, and sleeved it with techflex and left over fiberglass sleeve. Sennheiser plug. 

 

That is very, very good work!

post #13163 of 13928

Some rewired sets of mine:

 

Rewired Sony MDR-zx300 with inline mic and Android media controls (taken from a stock Samsung Galaxy S4 headset)

yktf81j.jpg

G4khJaq.jpg

 

Rewired Samsung non-IEM earbud with 15 mm driver (IEM driver was 8 mm) and bass reflex ports, now has an inline mic and Android media controls (taken from a stock Samsung Galaxy S3 headset)

wjfCIee.jpg

0E5TeWs.jpg

 

Weird 5 conductor plug Sony MDR-NC33 to normal 3 conductor plug (ANC guts used in other headphone):

H9nkx3i.jpg

R2ubbCo.jpg

z8tpj8h.jpg

 

Ronin Nomaster Bluetooth Stereo headphones turned wired (internals used in other headphone):

96gnjmM.jpg

maKAA3L.jpg

 

Experimental DIY active nosie cancelling supra aural headphone (used to be the Ronin Nomasters) (internal components from 5 conductor Sony MDR-NC33):

RvnJlEK.jpg

CSjXzgR.jpg

 

Rewired Beats Studio (old); Beats ANC circuit removed, ANC mics cut and Bluetooth stereo headphone (from Ronin Nomasters) circuit installed with lithium ion battery in place of AAA battery compartment:

GuNF6R2.jpg

yzTna8S.jpg?1

bNfMkeN.jpg 

 

Rewired Sennheiser HD201; Y cable to single sided conversion and built in amplifier (Beats ANC circuit, mediocre ANC removed):

VihBlu8.jpg

KZkbIJA.jpg

dHc0Hx3.jpg


Edited by vantt1 - 1/17/14 at 2:36pm
post #13164 of 13928

Latest: Copper 3.5mm - 3.5mm, 1ft long, made with left over materials. Using the super flexible copper from toxic cables. 4 strand litz braid sheathed with nylon.

 

post #13165 of 13928

Made myself a dual XLR-3(m) to XLR-4(f) adapter, since I'll be running my HE-6 off two monos...

 

Photo 46 of 49

 

6 wire, 18 gauge, paracord sleeving

standard three wire braid, joined together into a six strand half round braid (it actually looks different on the other side, but I forgot to get a picture of it)

post #13166 of 13928

Some XLR interconnects...

- Neutrik connectors

- Furutech FA-200 wire

 

 

These were a pain in the butt to make. Even after snipping out the bottom of the Neutrik strain relief, the Furutech cable is actually too thick to fit, and I didn't want to strip out the jacket, so I wound up using a stepped drill bit and boring out the connector by hand...

 

 

 

 

asdf

post #13167 of 13928

Recently got back into making my own cables :smile:

 

Hirose 6P (Ibasso balanced) -> Heir Audio Magnus SPC -> Angled (c)iem connectors.

 

 

No memory wire, supremely comfortable for extended use!

 

Picked up a used set of HD595 and reterminated them to 4-pin mini-xlr and made adapters from mini-xlr to Hirose and 3.5mm.

 

 

For my (c)iem cable I've skipped the rubber jacket for the Hirose to shorten it as the added protection isn't really needed for an iem cable.

 

Solid core silver mini-to-mini made from a cable I had lying around that was too stiff for use with iems.

 

 

...now I'm just waiting for parts to arrive for my next project, happy to be back in this hobby :beerchug:

post #13168 of 13928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

Recently got back into making my own cables :smile:

 

Hirose 6P (Ibasso balanced) -> Heir Audio Magnus SPC -> Angled (c)iem connectors.

 

 

No memory wire, supremely comfortable for extended use!

 

Picked up a used set of HD595 and reterminated them to 4-pin mini-xlr and made adapters from mini-xlr to Hirose and 3.5mm.

 

 

For my (c)iem cable I've skipped the rubber jacket for the Hirose to shorten it as the added protection isn't really needed for an iem cable.

 

Solid core silver mini-to-mini made from a cable I had lying around that was too stiff for use with iems.

 

 

...now I'm just waiting for parts to arrive for my next project, happy to be back in this hobby :beerchug:

 

How did you get the right angle jacks that short?  I assume you cut them with a saw or something, but how do they stay together?

post #13169 of 13928
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

How did you get the right angle jacks that short?  I assume you cut them with a saw or something, but how do they stay together?

They're regular angled Neutrik plugs, I just leave out the barrel when putting them back together. The angled parts are held in place by a few drops of glue :-)
post #13170 of 13928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

How did you get the right angle jacks that short?  I assume you cut them with a saw or something, but how do they stay together?

They're regular angled Neutrik plugs, I just leave out the barrel when putting them back together. The angled parts are held in place by a few drops of glue :-)

 

Oh my.  lol  That better be some super-dee-duper glue ;) 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!