Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 864
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Mogami w2893 terminated to dual mini XLRs. I used heat shrink under the paracord so that area would be a little more firm and not so flimsy feeling. It turned out nice :)
Is that a bannana plugs to xlr or trs adapter? Like something from speaker amp to headphones? Just wondering...
Banana plugs to TRS 1/4". Specifically for use with the Emotiva a-100 and a pair of HE-500s.
That's cool... I was looking at that exact same amp since a guy in the q701 thread was talking about it. I was wondering how to connect it too lol.
So I've decided to recable my Fake IE8 that I bought for ~$20. Recabling cost me about $5. I cant find any better cable wires near my location so i don't have any choice but to use these cheap cables.
Love the die you put in there as the Y-splitter and choker!
I see that carbon fiber y-split!
What did you use to make it?
Was it the 3M tape you had or did you get any of the carbon fiber rods?
Edited by PXSS - 11/29/13 at 8:06am
I haven't gone to any hardware stores yet looking for the rods, that's just a Rean 3.5mm jack barrel with the 3M vinyl, and some clear heat shrink. I will definitely be looking into the rods though.
"I know silver oxide is still quite conductive, but I'm going for overkill here"
Thats both awsome and priceless and funny......love it!
- Trader Feedback: +55
Flips free review samples, and profits at the
expense of fellow Head-Fiers (like yourself)
- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Xonar Essence One Muses Edition 11 seconds ago
- › love problem solution in australia+91-9950620150 17 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 17 seconds ago
- › wife vashikaran specialist baba ji +919928576434 ?/head-fi 44 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 57 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 1 minute ago
- › bring back your ex girlfriend +91-9950620150 1 minute ago
- › %%vashikaran specialist baba ji+91-9928576434//head-fi 2 minutes ago
- › 100 >= IEM wars: Ostry KC06, Hifiman Re-400, VSonic VSD3S, Havi Pro 1 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)