Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
At fist, a warning: it seems that the Bose Soundlink On-Ear have compatibility problems with iOS devices, which cause intermittent connectivity and skipping music. It is not clear to me if this...
When I have found these Harman Kardon for a ridiculously cheap price, I had already decided that I would have kept the Fidelio M2BT, the best of all those I have tested (obviously). But given the...
I started my quest for the best sounding and portable Bluetooth Headphones some months ago. I compared two. I was not satisfied. So I bought more. The Fidelio were among the first 5 I've...
Owned this amp for just over a year and it is wonderful for the price. FiiO is one of the few companies that openly lists all of their specs to the public. I reason I bought this was primarily to...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 864
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Mogami w2893 terminated to dual mini XLRs. I used heat shrink under the paracord so that area would be a little more firm and not so flimsy feeling. It turned out nice :)
Is that a bannana plugs to xlr or trs adapter? Like something from speaker amp to headphones? Just wondering...
Banana plugs to TRS 1/4". Specifically for use with the Emotiva a-100 and a pair of HE-500s.
That's cool... I was looking at that exact same amp since a guy in the q701 thread was talking about it. I was wondering how to connect it too lol.
So I've decided to recable my Fake IE8 that I bought for ~$20. Recabling cost me about $5. I cant find any better cable wires near my location so i don't have any choice but to use these cheap cables.
Love the die you put in there as the Y-splitter and choker!
I see that carbon fiber y-split!
What did you use to make it?
Was it the 3M tape you had or did you get any of the carbon fiber rods?
Edited by PXSS - 11/29/13 at 8:06am
I haven't gone to any hardware stores yet looking for the rods, that's just a Rean 3.5mm jack barrel with the 3M vinyl, and some clear heat shrink. I will definitely be looking into the rods though.
"I know silver oxide is still quite conductive, but I'm going for overkill here"
Thats both awsome and priceless and funny......love it!
- Trader Feedback: +55
Flips free review samples, and profits at the
expense of fellow Head-Fiers (like yourself)
- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 41 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 54 seconds ago
- › What headphones are these? From the movie A Nightmare on Elm Street 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Bought Sennheiser 598hd. Wondering what else (amp, etc) to buy to... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 5 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones by serman005
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3