The simple look on those cables works so well
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 860
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12887 of 1333010/17/13 at 11:48am
Thanks man. Yeah, i'm not into the flashy type of cables. As i tend to keep them for a while, i rather go with simple. The chance that i still like them in a year is pretty good ^^post #12888 of 1333010/17/13 at 12:54pmpost #12889 of 1333010/17/13 at 6:18pmpost #12890 of 1333010/17/13 at 6:30pmQuote:Your question is best posted in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-threadOriginally Posted by Stealer
I am trying to DIY a phono cables for a friend..
It a RCA to RCA connector type with the grounding wires on both ends..
PS - I don't own a turn-tables so no experience with this... just helping a friend
> anyone has a recommendation for the type or brand of cables to DIY..
> also the additional grounding wires, are they connected to the shielding of the cables..
or just a separated grounding wire and shrinkwrap along the cables.
if you have a schematic, pls PM to me
thanks in advance
not looking for exotic cables but a one which is enjoyable to listen to with huge soundstage and smooth high and good taut bass.post #12891 of 1333010/18/13 at 3:33pmpost #12892 of 1333010/18/13 at 3:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by domsch1988
Hey guys, just showing of some stuff i made in the past days. The two interconnects were for a good friend from another forum to go with a usb interface i send him as a present. The RCA Cable is for my USB interface to be connected to my AV Reciever.
Neutrik Jacks on both ends, 4x1,5mm Litz wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord
Rean Jacks on both ends, 3x0,25mm wire, sleaved with Type1 Parachord, standard 3 wire braid.
Neutrik rightangle on the one end, rean straight on the other, 3x0,25mm wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord
RCA to RCA Cable (1)
4x1,5mm Litz wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord
good job!!!post #12893 of 1333010/19/13 at 5:15pmpost #12894 of 1333010/20/13 at 1:24ampost #12895 of 1333010/20/13 at 9:54ampost #12896 of 1333010/20/13 at 7:02pmpost #12897 of 1333010/22/13 at 10:24am
I have DHC Pure Copper Litz that looks exactly like this cable. My DHC Peptide Litz wire is silver plated copper. Where did you purchase your Peptide Litz?post #12898 of 1333010/22/13 at 10:49amQuote:
The pictures of of DHC Peptide litz. Your cable, if it is silver-plated copper, is Peptide "hybrid" litz. Both are from DHCpost #12899 of 1333010/22/13 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Kamakahah
The pictures of of DHC Peptide litz. Your cable, if it is silver-plated copper, is Peptide "hybrid" litz. Both are from DHC
I have both, didn't know the copper was referred to as "Peptide", when talking with Peter, he called his SPC Litz "Peptide", guess you cleared up the confusion!post #12900 of 1333010/22/13 at 11:51am
The "Peptide" name is used for all of DHC's litz cables as far as I'm aware.
Peptide - Copper Litz
Peptide "Hybrid" - Silver Plated Copper Litz
Peptide "Fusion" - 50/50 Silver and Copper Litz
Silver Peptide - Silver Litz
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 13 seconds ago
- › Breaking-in headphones, the final verdict! 20 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › F/S Mint condition Bowers & Wilkins P7 Over Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 2 minutes ago
- › Audibility of distortion 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Why are T5P replacement pads $200? 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude