The simple look on those cables works so well
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 860
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12887 of 1333410/17/13 at 11:48am
Thanks man. Yeah, i'm not into the flashy type of cables. As i tend to keep them for a while, i rather go with simple. The chance that i still like them in a year is pretty good ^^post #12888 of 1333410/17/13 at 12:54pmpost #12889 of 1333410/17/13 at 6:18pmpost #12890 of 1333410/17/13 at 6:30pmQuote:Your question is best posted in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-threadOriginally Posted by Stealer
I am trying to DIY a phono cables for a friend..
It a RCA to RCA connector type with the grounding wires on both ends..
PS - I don't own a turn-tables so no experience with this... just helping a friend
> anyone has a recommendation for the type or brand of cables to DIY..
> also the additional grounding wires, are they connected to the shielding of the cables..
or just a separated grounding wire and shrinkwrap along the cables.
if you have a schematic, pls PM to me
thanks in advance
not looking for exotic cables but a one which is enjoyable to listen to with huge soundstage and smooth high and good taut bass.post #12891 of 1333410/18/13 at 3:33pmpost #12892 of 1333410/18/13 at 3:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by domsch1988
Hey guys, just showing of some stuff i made in the past days. The two interconnects were for a good friend from another forum to go with a usb interface i send him as a present. The RCA Cable is for my USB interface to be connected to my AV Reciever.
Neutrik Jacks on both ends, 4x1,5mm Litz wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord
Rean Jacks on both ends, 3x0,25mm wire, sleaved with Type1 Parachord, standard 3 wire braid.
Neutrik rightangle on the one end, rean straight on the other, 3x0,25mm wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord
RCA to RCA Cable (1)
4x1,5mm Litz wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord
good job!!!post #12893 of 1333410/19/13 at 5:15pmpost #12894 of 1333410/20/13 at 1:24ampost #12895 of 1333410/20/13 at 9:54ampost #12896 of 1333410/20/13 at 7:02pmpost #12897 of 1333410/22/13 at 10:24am
I have DHC Pure Copper Litz that looks exactly like this cable. My DHC Peptide Litz wire is silver plated copper. Where did you purchase your Peptide Litz?post #12898 of 1333410/22/13 at 10:49amQuote:
The pictures of of DHC Peptide litz. Your cable, if it is silver-plated copper, is Peptide "hybrid" litz. Both are from DHCpost #12899 of 1333410/22/13 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Kamakahah
The pictures of of DHC Peptide litz. Your cable, if it is silver-plated copper, is Peptide "hybrid" litz. Both are from DHC
I have both, didn't know the copper was referred to as "Peptide", when talking with Peter, he called his SPC Litz "Peptide", guess you cleared up the confusion!post #12900 of 1333410/22/13 at 11:51am
The "Peptide" name is used for all of DHC's litz cables as far as I'm aware.
Peptide - Copper Litz
Peptide "Hybrid" - Silver Plated Copper Litz
Peptide "Fusion" - 50/50 Silver and Copper Litz
Silver Peptide - Silver Litz
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 second ago
- › Best Living Room System for €300- €400 23 seconds ago
- › Lear BD4.2 - impressions and appreciation thread. 4 Balanced... 48 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster TC-7530 and Bushmaster MKII TC-7533 Comparison... 1 minute ago
- › Q-Audio French Silk cable & BTG-Audio 8-strand cable (Audeze... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude