The simple look on those cables works so well
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 860
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12887 of 1334410/17/13 at 11:48am
Thanks man. Yeah, i'm not into the flashy type of cables. As i tend to keep them for a while, i rather go with simple. The chance that i still like them in a year is pretty good ^^post #12888 of 1334410/17/13 at 12:54pmpost #12889 of 1334410/17/13 at 6:18pmpost #12890 of 1334410/17/13 at 6:30pmQuote:Your question is best posted in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-threadOriginally Posted by Stealer
I am trying to DIY a phono cables for a friend..
It a RCA to RCA connector type with the grounding wires on both ends..
PS - I don't own a turn-tables so no experience with this... just helping a friend
> anyone has a recommendation for the type or brand of cables to DIY..
> also the additional grounding wires, are they connected to the shielding of the cables..
or just a separated grounding wire and shrinkwrap along the cables.
if you have a schematic, pls PM to me
thanks in advance
not looking for exotic cables but a one which is enjoyable to listen to with huge soundstage and smooth high and good taut bass.post #12891 of 1334410/18/13 at 3:33pmpost #12892 of 1334410/18/13 at 3:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by domsch1988
Hey guys, just showing of some stuff i made in the past days. The two interconnects were for a good friend from another forum to go with a usb interface i send him as a present. The RCA Cable is for my USB interface to be connected to my AV Reciever.
Neutrik Jacks on both ends, 4x1,5mm Litz wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord
Rean Jacks on both ends, 3x0,25mm wire, sleaved with Type1 Parachord, standard 3 wire braid.
Neutrik rightangle on the one end, rean straight on the other, 3x0,25mm wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord
RCA to RCA Cable (1)
4x1,5mm Litz wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord
good job!!!post #12893 of 1334410/19/13 at 5:15pmpost #12894 of 1334410/20/13 at 1:24ampost #12895 of 1334410/20/13 at 9:54ampost #12896 of 1334410/20/13 at 7:02pmpost #12897 of 1334410/22/13 at 10:24am
I have DHC Pure Copper Litz that looks exactly like this cable. My DHC Peptide Litz wire is silver plated copper. Where did you purchase your Peptide Litz?post #12898 of 1334410/22/13 at 10:49amQuote:
The pictures of of DHC Peptide litz. Your cable, if it is silver-plated copper, is Peptide "hybrid" litz. Both are from DHCpost #12899 of 1334410/22/13 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Kamakahah
The pictures of of DHC Peptide litz. Your cable, if it is silver-plated copper, is Peptide "hybrid" litz. Both are from DHC
I have both, didn't know the copper was referred to as "Peptide", when talking with Peter, he called his SPC Litz "Peptide", guess you cleared up the confusion!post #12900 of 1334410/22/13 at 11:51am
The "Peptide" name is used for all of DHC's litz cables as far as I'm aware.
Peptide - Copper Litz
Peptide "Hybrid" - Silver Plated Copper Litz
Peptide "Fusion" - 50/50 Silver and Copper Litz
Silver Peptide - Silver Litz
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ] 3 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 19 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 21 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 33 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ Appreciation thread. Opinions, reviews,... 57 seconds ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 1 minute ago
- › Simple KSC75 to Headband Mod, Easy As Pie (Pics, 56k, maybe..) 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Studio - how to disassemble right side? 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude