The simple look on those cables works so well
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 860
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12887 of 1347110/17/13 at 11:48am
Thanks man. Yeah, i'm not into the flashy type of cables. As i tend to keep them for a while, i rather go with simple. The chance that i still like them in a year is pretty good ^^post #12888 of 1347110/17/13 at 12:54pmpost #12889 of 1347110/17/13 at 6:18pmpost #12890 of 1347110/17/13 at 6:30pmQuote:Your question is best posted in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-threadOriginally Posted by Stealer
I am trying to DIY a phono cables for a friend..
It a RCA to RCA connector type with the grounding wires on both ends..
PS - I don't own a turn-tables so no experience with this... just helping a friend
> anyone has a recommendation for the type or brand of cables to DIY..
> also the additional grounding wires, are they connected to the shielding of the cables..
or just a separated grounding wire and shrinkwrap along the cables.
if you have a schematic, pls PM to me
thanks in advance
not looking for exotic cables but a one which is enjoyable to listen to with huge soundstage and smooth high and good taut bass.post #12891 of 1347110/18/13 at 3:33pmpost #12892 of 1347110/18/13 at 3:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by domsch1988
Hey guys, just showing of some stuff i made in the past days. The two interconnects were for a good friend from another forum to go with a usb interface i send him as a present. The RCA Cable is for my USB interface to be connected to my AV Reciever.
Neutrik Jacks on both ends, 4x1,5mm Litz wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord
Rean Jacks on both ends, 3x0,25mm wire, sleaved with Type1 Parachord, standard 3 wire braid.
Neutrik rightangle on the one end, rean straight on the other, 3x0,25mm wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord
RCA to RCA Cable (1)
4x1,5mm Litz wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord
good job!!!post #12893 of 1347110/19/13 at 5:15pmpost #12894 of 1347110/20/13 at 1:24ampost #12895 of 1347110/20/13 at 9:54ampost #12896 of 1347110/20/13 at 7:02pmpost #12897 of 1347110/22/13 at 10:24am
I have DHC Pure Copper Litz that looks exactly like this cable. My DHC Peptide Litz wire is silver plated copper. Where did you purchase your Peptide Litz?post #12898 of 1347110/22/13 at 10:49amQuote:
The pictures of of DHC Peptide litz. Your cable, if it is silver-plated copper, is Peptide "hybrid" litz. Both are from DHCpost #12899 of 1347110/22/13 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Kamakahah
The pictures of of DHC Peptide litz. Your cable, if it is silver-plated copper, is Peptide "hybrid" litz. Both are from DHC
I have both, didn't know the copper was referred to as "Peptide", when talking with Peter, he called his SPC Litz "Peptide", guess you cleared up the confusion!post #12900 of 1347110/22/13 at 11:51am
The "Peptide" name is used for all of DHC's litz cables as far as I'm aware.
Peptide - Copper Litz
Peptide "Hybrid" - Silver Plated Copper Litz
Peptide "Fusion" - 50/50 Silver and Copper Litz
Silver Peptide - Silver Litz
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Which Grados? 6 seconds ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 2 minutes ago
- › The main differences between Pioneer PL-L1 vs PL-L1000 linear... 4 minutes ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 5 minutes ago
- › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious... 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ipod classic latest version(free P&P) 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 rev2.2 Rosewood 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob