I love the way mogami w2893 cable looks, I'm making a cable with it right now and I'm also not stripping it. Nice interconnect!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I've auditioned the first Aurvana a couple of times, and I've always liked it, but never purchased it. Anyway, this new Aurvana is so good! I believe the drivers are the same as the first...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 850post #12736 of 130208/29/13 at 9:05pmpost #12737 of 130208/29/13 at 9:49pmQuote:The blue/silver combination looks beautiful! (I have 2 that look exactly the same, hahaha)
Edited by PXSS - 8/29/13 at 9:51pmpost #12738 of 130208/29/13 at 10:00pmpost #12739 of 130208/29/13 at 11:20pmpost #12740 of 130208/30/13 at 6:10pmpost #12741 of 130208/30/13 at 6:51pmpost #12742 of 130208/30/13 at 7:04pmpost #12743 of 130208/31/13 at 1:46pmpost #12744 of 130208/31/13 at 1:50pmpost #12745 of 130208/31/13 at 1:59pm
They really are, but still one of my least favorite to work with. Requires about twice as much time to finish. They are very small and require precision to do correctly.post #12746 of 130208/31/13 at 8:45pmQuote:
I am working with some currently and honestly it is such a pain in the butt. The tip and sleeve have holes to put the wires through but it will only accept at a maximum like one 30awg cable. Also the two soldering points are like 2mm apart. Just got to make sure to check for shorts at the end by checking the continuity of the sleeve and tip and everything should be ok though. Oh what we go through to make a nice looking cable.post #12747 of 130208/31/13 at 9:20pmQuote:
I used 24awg silver/gold wires from Qables with the Viablue. I actually like to use no less than 24awg wires for my lods and I believe it's more durable.
I am waiting for a dock to complete this lod. Bought this gold plug from Radioshack the other day and thought it looks cool.post #12748 of 130209/3/13 at 11:59pmpost #12749 of 130209/4/13 at 2:37amQuote:
what cable are those?post #12750 of 130209/4/13 at 8:30am
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Your opinion about cables (RCA , toslink & speaker-wire) 33 seconds ago
- › Introduction 41 seconds ago
- › Home Audio Setup advice needed - Xonar Card, Tube Amp and Beyer DT... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 5 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Sicher
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe