Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 847

post #12691 of 13847

Just a little extension I was playing with...

There were no shells for the ends so I just wrapped them in leather for schiit's and giggles. biggrin.gif

post #12692 of 13847

Tehehehe Schiits and giggles.

post #12693 of 13847
post #12694 of 13847
Quote:

I've never used a pre-made Y-splitter. I always make my own, but this would me things easier I'm sure, and it would look more like a production cable rather than a DIY cable. I guess it just depends on what you're going for in style, durability, and difficulty.

post #12695 of 13847
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Just a little extension I was playing with...

There were no shells for the ends so I just wrapped them in leather for schiit's and giggles. biggrin.gif

Those leather ends would look even better if the creases were sewn together. Like this:

That would be a TON more work though, especially with how small the stitching would be. haha They look nice as-is though ;)


Edited by cCasper TFG - 8/21/13 at 12:54am
post #12696 of 13847
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post

Those leather ends would look even better if the creases were sewn together. Like this:


That would be a TON more work though, especially with how small the stitching would be. haha 
They look nice as-is though wink.gif
They would be amazing molded and sewn! I was going to put leather pads on my copper pipe headphone stand, but I don't have the experience nor the tools to work in leather. The local leather retailer only sells complete skins and they are not cheap. The ends were just scraps and a little Gorilla Glue, and the better appreciation for those that can work in leather. smily_headphones1.gif
post #12697 of 13847

Well, I can finally contribute to this thread! 

 

Here ya go:

 

 

5 foot, SPC wire from BTG-Audio, Paillics jack, and rattlesnake techflex. Also, purple heatshrink from heatshrink.com!

post #12698 of 13847
Drop us a close-up on that little lady.
post #12699 of 13847
Alright, materials came in. Here is an Aux cable made with:

Aphenol 3.55 stereo plugs
Mogami W2893
And Neon yellow paracord with reflectors.

de3y8a4e.jpg

yte4ysys.jpg

This is to mainly be used as a cable for my M50s while they are portable. The length is measured to be the length necessary for me to comfortably hold my phone with the headphones on with my arm straight down.

yhu9azaq.jpg

zyzyhybu.jpg

Here is underneath the jack. I'm very proud. No heatshrink was needed. These connectors are also pretty slim.

8esabazy.jpg


Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
post #12700 of 13847
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Just a little extension I was playing with...

There were no shells for the ends so I just wrapped them in leather for schiit's and giggles. biggrin.gif

Thats what I call DIY!!! Very cool and good idea - patented it ...?

post #12701 of 13847
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcsa View Post

Thats what I call DIY!!! Very cool and good idea - patented it ...?
Thanks garcsa!
LOL no, but feel free to apply for one... biggrin.gif
It was all in fun and just a I wonder if... type of thing that didn't turn out too bad for having zero skill in leather.
post #12702 of 13847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakahah View Post

Drop us a close-up on that little lady.

Tomorrowwink.gif

post #12703 of 13847

My first recable

 

 

 

used a headset of my brother, if I make a mistake not to have problems because he did not use more beyersmile.png

post #12704 of 13847
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPanda View Post

Alright, materials came in. Here is an Aux cable made with:

Aphenol 3.55 stereo plugs
Mogami W2893
And Neon yellow paracord with reflectors.

 

How do these Mogami W2893 wires sound? Neutral/dark/bright? I am looking for wires for my D2000 recable.

 

BTW, Nice cable.

post #12705 of 13847
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

 

How do these Mogami W2893 wires sound? Neutral/dark/bright? I am looking for wires for my D2000 recable.

 

BTW, Nice cable.

 

I would say mildly warm.  You can't go wrong with it at its price point.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!