I bought 10 feet of Mogami 2534 to make a HD650 cable, still waiting for it to come:).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 8/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 813
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Tip - Left
Ring - Right
Sleeve - Ground
So, you would wire your female to male:
Female Tip to Male Ring
Female Ring to Male Tip
Sleeve to Sleeve
Typically the tip is the farthest forward solder point on the internals of the connector. On most you can tell that it's connected to the center of the plug.
i know that tip is left etc. but the how to i know wicht one is wich with a female plug. with a male plug i even can use a multimeter if i am not sure. both the tip and ring connection look the same
I recently bought the vsonic VSD1 and the best way to wear the is over the earpiece in the right ear and the right earpiece in the left ear. Now i am looking for some kind of plug/adaptar to swaps the channels. If it does not exists can i make it myself?
I was thinking of using a male 3,5 mm and a female 3,5 and connect them in a way that it will change the left and right channel. Only problem is how to i know wich one is left or right at the female plug.
never mind. just found this.
but if some one know a place where to buy them readymade please let me know
If you have a continuity tester (or multimeter) and an uncabled male plug lying around: Map its solder points, plug it into the socket, and then map the socket's solder points.
Now I have an understanding of the common Mogami and Canare numbers.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Glad they got there. Enjoy!
The longest tab is *almost* always the ground
I think this might help you
Edited by daflippymaster - 7/1/13 at 8:35am
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 39 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › PSB M4U 2 1 minute ago
- › New Sony high-end DSD gear, including a USB DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Please recommand gain settings for Objective 2 4 minutes ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › FS: April Music Eximus DP-1 120v. PRICE LOWERED 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2