I bought 10 feet of Mogami 2534 to make a HD650 cable, still waiting for it to come:).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 813post #12181 of 134666/28/13 at 12:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12182 of 134666/28/13 at 3:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by liquidzoo
Tip - Left
Ring - Right
Sleeve - Ground
So, you would wire your female to male:
Female Tip to Male Ring
Female Ring to Male Tip
Sleeve to Sleeve
Typically the tip is the farthest forward solder point on the internals of the connector. On most you can tell that it's connected to the center of the plug.
i know that tip is left etc. but the how to i know wicht one is wich with a female plug. with a male plug i even can use a multimeter if i am not sure. both the tip and ring connection look the samepost #12183 of 134666/28/13 at 3:08pmpost #12184 of 134666/28/13 at 3:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by PakoBoy
I recently bought the vsonic VSD1 and the best way to wear the is over the earpiece in the right ear and the right earpiece in the left ear. Now i am looking for some kind of plug/adaptar to swaps the channels. If it does not exists can i make it myself?
I was thinking of using a male 3,5 mm and a female 3,5 and connect them in a way that it will change the left and right channel. Only problem is how to i know wich one is left or right at the female plug.
never mind. just found this.
but if some one know a place where to buy them readymade please let me knowpost #12185 of 134666/28/13 at 3:49pmQuote:
If you have a continuity tester (or multimeter) and an uncabled male plug lying around: Map its solder points, plug it into the socket, and then map the socket's solder points.post #12186 of 134666/28/13 at 4:03pmQuote:
Thx.post #12187 of 134666/29/13 at 12:01pmpost #12188 of 134666/30/13 at 5:15pmMy wire samples have arrived!
Now I have an understanding of the common Mogami and Canare numbers.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #12189 of 134667/1/13 at 5:58ampost #12190 of 134667/1/13 at 8:08amQuote:
Glad they got there. Enjoy!post #12191 of 134667/1/13 at 8:23ampost #12192 of 134667/1/13 at 8:30ampost #12193 of 134667/1/13 at 8:33amQuote:
The longest tab is *almost* always the ground
I think this might help you
Edited by daflippymaster - 7/1/13 at 8:35ampost #12194 of 134667/1/13 at 8:43am
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 2 minutes ago
- › On USB audio: a case against USB 3 , "audiophile" USB cables, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MA900 anything comparable? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster TC-7530 and Bushmaster MKII TC-7533 Comparison... 3 minutes ago
- › Request for buying a hearphone 4 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 5 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 6 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob