I bought 10 feet of Mogami 2534 to make a HD650 cable, still waiting for it to come:).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 813
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Tip - Left
Ring - Right
Sleeve - Ground
So, you would wire your female to male:
Female Tip to Male Ring
Female Ring to Male Tip
Sleeve to Sleeve
Typically the tip is the farthest forward solder point on the internals of the connector. On most you can tell that it's connected to the center of the plug.
i know that tip is left etc. but the how to i know wicht one is wich with a female plug. with a male plug i even can use a multimeter if i am not sure. both the tip and ring connection look the same
I recently bought the vsonic VSD1 and the best way to wear the is over the earpiece in the right ear and the right earpiece in the left ear. Now i am looking for some kind of plug/adaptar to swaps the channels. If it does not exists can i make it myself?
I was thinking of using a male 3,5 mm and a female 3,5 and connect them in a way that it will change the left and right channel. Only problem is how to i know wich one is left or right at the female plug.
never mind. just found this.
but if some one know a place where to buy them readymade please let me know
If you have a continuity tester (or multimeter) and an uncabled male plug lying around: Map its solder points, plug it into the socket, and then map the socket's solder points.
Now I have an understanding of the common Mogami and Canare numbers.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Glad they got there. Enjoy!
The longest tab is *almost* always the ground
I think this might help you
Edited by daflippymaster - 7/1/13 at 8:35am
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 27 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 28 seconds ago
- › IEMs, smartphones and a new experience 49 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › Trafomatic Head 2 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NEW: Audio Technica AT-PHA100 Portable DAC/AMP 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)