Ah darn lol. Anyone know a good place for US purchases of stranded 24-26 gauge silver?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 797post #11942 of 130285/17/13 at 11:41amQuote:
Plussound audio in Los Angeles. Can order off their website or ebay. Pure stranded silver won't be cheap though. I think theirs is $6.50 a foot.post #11943 of 130285/17/13 at 12:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by KamakahahQuote:
Plussound audio in Los Angeles. Can order off their website or ebay. Pure stranded silver won't be cheap though. I think theirs is $6.50 a foot.
I think their stranded pure silver is 28 gauge!post #11944 of 130285/17/13 at 12:24pmpost #11945 of 130285/17/13 at 12:48pmpost #11946 of 130285/17/13 at 12:58pmpost #11947 of 130285/17/13 at 1:13pmpost #11948 of 130285/17/13 at 1:22pmpost #11949 of 130285/17/13 at 6:06pmpost #11950 of 130285/17/13 at 8:52pmpost #11951 of 130285/17/13 at 9:18pmpost #11952 of 130285/17/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
actually it is not Y slitter but chin slider... the Y splitter is the other one which is looks thick.post #11953 of 130285/17/13 at 9:28pmpost #11954 of 130285/18/13 at 1:39pm
Hi, I've bought a pair of Sennheiser MX 760 earbuds which I like the sound of, but the cable is too long, has bulky interconnector and is full of wrinkles.
I was thinking to replace just the extension cord, which would be non destructive, the other option would be to replace the cable until above the Y splitter, joining the old cable with the new cable in a new Y splitter.
I would like to do a thin cable which doesn't wrinkle, with a small 3.5mm jack. I don't care for a solid Y splitter (i.e. could be just shrinkable tube).
I like the look of teflon/nylon sleeves, but am also open for paracord or shrinkable tube housing like the one audiofreakie used.
The buds costed 27$ so I was looking for a way to make a cable for under that price.
I'm looking for guidance and suggestions on materials which are accessible for someone living in Europe and which satisfy the requisites.
Edited by aristidesfl - 5/18/13 at 2:01pm
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › ECP Audio - DSHA-1, L-2, Black Diamond 27 seconds ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 30 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 56 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 57 seconds ago
- › The official "most OVERRATED headphones" thread 2 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio 5.0 Impressions/Comparison/Review Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Do you take good headphones with you when you go out? 4 minutes ago
- › **FS Schiit LYR plus Orange Globes** MINTY 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy Hesh Over-Ear Headphone S6HEDZ-118 (Black/Grey) by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe