- 40 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share if it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 779
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Had a chance to check my cable stock last night. The Canare cables with non-black jackets are also marked, but the markings are spaced farther apart.
Chances are pretty good that if you're making a headphone cable, you'll want to remove the jacket anyway, so that you can also get rid of the shielding. It's unnecessary weight.
Just buy Mogami Neglex Quad W2893, and some acetone......the white printing will come right off, now you have bare rubber cable!
What is the left plug you used? I need something similar for my fidelio x1's
Cant wait to tackle some toxic cable inter connects when I get home from work! More pics to follow...
My first 2 cables got me over confident. This micro connect I just tried to make kicked my butt... letting it go for the night and Im going to regroup tomorrow with a little design change...
Edited by MS1605 - 3/21/13 at 4:58pm
So I'd like to make a 1/4" female-to-1/8" male headphone cable. The wire I've got is the Mogami 2534 so it has 4 conductors and a shield. Should I use 1 conductor each for Left and Right, then use 2 conductors for ground adding shield on the source end?
Now I just need to buy a super low profile LOD like some of you guys are making with the puddy...
I take it that will work with just about any cable? Is the W2893 just a smaller 2543? I want to keep it 24 AWG or lower for some reason... A slightly bigger cable seems more durable I guess.
There's the comparison between the 2. From it's most basic standpoint, the 2893 has 26 AWG cores, and the 2534 has 24 AWG cores.
The 2534 seems to be a little stiffer (likely due to the larger cores and insulation) when comparing them side-by-side (I have ~6ft of 2893 and ~10ft of 2534 sitting next to me.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Android phones and USB DACs 58 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 3 minutes ago
- › CIEM Suggestion 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)