- 41 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Disclaimer. I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones that are better value/quality than you might initially think. I feel like I can...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 779
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Had a chance to check my cable stock last night. The Canare cables with non-black jackets are also marked, but the markings are spaced farther apart.
Chances are pretty good that if you're making a headphone cable, you'll want to remove the jacket anyway, so that you can also get rid of the shielding. It's unnecessary weight.
Just buy Mogami Neglex Quad W2893, and some acetone......the white printing will come right off, now you have bare rubber cable!
What is the left plug you used? I need something similar for my fidelio x1's
Cant wait to tackle some toxic cable inter connects when I get home from work! More pics to follow...
My first 2 cables got me over confident. This micro connect I just tried to make kicked my butt... letting it go for the night and Im going to regroup tomorrow with a little design change...
Edited by MS1605 - 3/21/13 at 4:58pm
So I'd like to make a 1/4" female-to-1/8" male headphone cable. The wire I've got is the Mogami 2534 so it has 4 conductors and a shield. Should I use 1 conductor each for Left and Right, then use 2 conductors for ground adding shield on the source end?
Now I just need to buy a super low profile LOD like some of you guys are making with the puddy...
I take it that will work with just about any cable? Is the W2893 just a smaller 2543? I want to keep it 24 AWG or lower for some reason... A slightly bigger cable seems more durable I guess.
There's the comparison between the 2. From it's most basic standpoint, the 2893 has 26 AWG cores, and the 2534 has 24 AWG cores.
The 2534 seems to be a little stiffer (likely due to the larger cores and insulation) when comparing them side-by-side (I have ~6ft of 2893 and ~10ft of 2534 sitting next to me.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 44 seconds ago
- › Best portable headphones under $100? 52 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 2 minutes ago
- › When can we have next Calgary Canada Head-fi meet 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › FS [MEL]: Lawton Audio LA7000 Denon7000 3 minutes ago
- › Hava CAL! 100$ to replace it. Is denon d1100 ok? Or maybe kingston... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)