- 40 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 779
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Had a chance to check my cable stock last night. The Canare cables with non-black jackets are also marked, but the markings are spaced farther apart.
Chances are pretty good that if you're making a headphone cable, you'll want to remove the jacket anyway, so that you can also get rid of the shielding. It's unnecessary weight.
Just buy Mogami Neglex Quad W2893, and some acetone......the white printing will come right off, now you have bare rubber cable!
What is the left plug you used? I need something similar for my fidelio x1's
Cant wait to tackle some toxic cable inter connects when I get home from work! More pics to follow...
My first 2 cables got me over confident. This micro connect I just tried to make kicked my butt... letting it go for the night and Im going to regroup tomorrow with a little design change...
Edited by MS1605 - 3/21/13 at 4:58pm
So I'd like to make a 1/4" female-to-1/8" male headphone cable. The wire I've got is the Mogami 2534 so it has 4 conductors and a shield. Should I use 1 conductor each for Left and Right, then use 2 conductors for ground adding shield on the source end?
Now I just need to buy a super low profile LOD like some of you guys are making with the puddy...
I take it that will work with just about any cable? Is the W2893 just a smaller 2543? I want to keep it 24 AWG or lower for some reason... A slightly bigger cable seems more durable I guess.
There's the comparison between the 2. From it's most basic standpoint, the 2893 has 26 AWG cores, and the 2534 has 24 AWG cores.
The 2534 seems to be a little stiffer (likely due to the larger cores and insulation) when comparing them side-by-side (I have ~6ft of 2893 and ~10ft of 2534 sitting next to me.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › can someone help me with a speaker system? 35 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › HD600 vs DT990 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › SE530/535 Acoustic Filter Mod: More SQ improvement than cables?... 3 minutes ago
- › I need some sub-$500 Open Ear Headphones recs 5 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 6 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 9 minutes ago
- › WTS: BNIB AK120 10 minutes ago
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)