- 32 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 779post #11671 of 133403/20/13 at 3:30amDamn. Would've loved to just have bare cable.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11672 of 133403/20/13 at 3:47am
Had a chance to check my cable stock last night. The Canare cables with non-black jackets are also marked, but the markings are spaced farther apart.
Chances are pretty good that if you're making a headphone cable, you'll want to remove the jacket anyway, so that you can also get rid of the shielding. It's unnecessary weight.post #11673 of 133403/20/13 at 5:07ampost #11674 of 133403/20/13 at 7:50ampost #11675 of 133403/20/13 at 2:36pmpost #11676 of 133403/20/13 at 2:52pmQuote:
Just buy Mogami Neglex Quad W2893, and some acetone......the white printing will come right off, now you have bare rubber cable!post #11677 of 133403/20/13 at 8:09pmpost #11678 of 133403/20/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
What is the left plug you used? I need something similar for my fidelio x1'spost #11679 of 133403/21/13 at 5:20amIts this guy right here:
Cant wait to tackle some toxic cable inter connects when I get home from work! More pics to follow...
My first 2 cables got me over confident. This micro connect I just tried to make kicked my butt... letting it go for the night and Im going to regroup tomorrow with a little design change...
Edited by MS1605 - 3/21/13 at 4:58pmpost #11680 of 133403/21/13 at 4:53pm
So I'd like to make a 1/4" female-to-1/8" male headphone cable. The wire I've got is the Mogami 2534 so it has 4 conductors and a shield. Should I use 1 conductor each for Left and Right, then use 2 conductors for ground adding shield on the source end?
post #11681 of 133403/21/13 at 7:47pmpost #11682 of 133403/21/13 at 9:52pm17 strand, 26g copper from navship with international orange and 3M tracer wrap. I think the orange looks sweet with the chrome jacks.
Now I just need to buy a super low profile LOD like some of you guys are making with the puddy...post #11683 of 133403/22/13 at 7:07ampost #11684 of 133403/22/13 at 8:54amQuote:
I take it that will work with just about any cable? Is the W2893 just a smaller 2543? I want to keep it 24 AWG or lower for some reason... A slightly bigger cable seems more durable I guess.post #11685 of 133403/22/13 at 9:05am
There's the comparison between the 2. From it's most basic standpoint, the 2893 has 26 AWG cores, and the 2534 has 24 AWG cores.
The 2534 seems to be a little stiffer (likely due to the larger cores and insulation) when comparing them side-by-side (I have ~6ft of 2893 and ~10ft of 2534 sitting next to me.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs... 18 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 33 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Why do no audiophiles listen to electronic music? 3 minutes ago
- › Do I need a DAC? 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Westone ES5 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude