Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 778

post #11656 of 14090
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavman View Post

I'm looking to make some RCA interconnecters. Would this guitar cable work well for me?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221152143397?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

 

If not could someone suggest something off of ebay? or somewhere where I don't have to pay $7-10 shipping for 2 feet of wire?

If you have a Guitar Center near you, you can get the same cable for pretty cheap.  Plus, no shipping.

 

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Mogami-WG2524-Bulk--Instrument-Cable-Black--Sold-Per-Ft--103377594-i2878992.gc

post #11657 of 14090
vt4c is down for me, down for anyone else?
post #11658 of 14090

Just finished doing a detachable mini XLR to 1/4 TRS mod on my M50s.  I'll post some pictures when I have a chance.  It went relatively smoothly, all things considered.

post #11659 of 14090

Hey, made my first diy cables today. Started up with re terminating my Koss Porta Pros, actually had to do that twice. Then made the short interconnect, and then a cable for my Shure SE215.

Wire I used is from toxic cables, silver plated copper.

More pics can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hz84h541c6wpps3/Yo2YK2leGG

 

 


Edited by Whippler - 3/16/13 at 9:34am
post #11660 of 14090

I did a recabling of my Creative Aurvana Live. Not to improve the sound quality, but because I wanted the single cable entry like my DT770 and DT880 have. 

 

The end result:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #11661 of 14090

I had some cable left over from making a back-up headphone cable so I made a set of interconnects. The cable is a Mogami with a white cover and I used black Techflex and a couple of Rean connectors. Certainly nothing fancy but I like the look of them. I used them to connect my EF5 amp to my sound card.

 

 


Edited by roadcykler - 3/17/13 at 7:51pm
post #11662 of 14090
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcykler View Post

I had some cable left over from making a back-up headphone cable so I made a set of interconnects. The cable is a Mogami with a white cover and I used black Techflex and a couple of Rean connectors. Certainly nothing fancy but I like the look of them. I used them to connect my EF% amp to my sound card.

 

 

 

Made me regret for choosing the Black Canare over the White... I didn't know they would look so nice with black Techflex!!! Any colour combinations to suggest with my current black canare? ^^

post #11663 of 14090

I'm looking to recable my DT 990 Pros to have a straight cable and I need a bit of help. I'm either going to use Mogami 2534 or Canare L-4E6S and I don't think I want to use Techflex or anything like that, just bare cable (unless it has words printed on it). Does anyone have a link to a FULL recable/diy cable guide and/or know of where I can get Switchcraft 35HDBAU for cheap?

post #11664 of 14090
Can anyone recommend me a quality 3.5mm right angle jack that is small? I picked up some switchcrafts but even if I leave the barrwl off the end and cut the strain relief off they are bulky.

Also, a fast spot to order such suggested jack in the US? Im 3 weeks into a wait from lunashops. That just dosnt cut it for my cable making addiction.
post #11665 of 14090
The Neutrik right-angled plugs are pretty good. You can leave off the long barrel and seal the end with heat shrink and have a right-angled plug with a barrel that extends only a couple mm past the diameter of the base. Redco has decent prices on them; Markertek is cheaper but charges more for shipping when you aren't placing large orders.
post #11666 of 14090
Thanks bud. Order placed with markertek. Cant wait to build some connects with the silver toxic wire I have laying around.
post #11667 of 14090

Very nice job. If you don't mind me asking, which plug, cable, and cover did you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyStarr View Post

I did a recabling of my Creative Aurvana Live. Not to improve the sound quality, but because I wanted the single cable entry like my DT770 and DT880 have. 

 

The end result:

 

 

*snip*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #11668 of 14090
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealkillr View Post

I'm looking to recable my DT 990 Pros to have a straight cable and I need a bit of help. I'm either going to use Mogami 2534 or Canare L-4E6S and I don't think I want to use Techflex or anything like that, just bare cable (unless it has words printed on it). Does anyone have a link to a FULL recable/diy cable guide and/or know of where I can get Switchcraft 35HDBAU for cheap?


The Mogami 2534 definitely has words printed on it. Every 12 inches, it says "NEGLEX 2534 MICROPHONE CABLE MOGAMI JAPAN" in white letters on my black cable.

 

Based on pics online, I think the Canare L-4E6S also has words

post #11669 of 14090
Some of the Canare mini quad cables with non-black jackets are unlabeled. At least, I have some that's unlabeled. Might have been just a flukey run at the factory, I dunno.
post #11670 of 14090
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratking View Post

Very nice job. If you don't mind me asking, which plug, cable, and cover did you use?


Nothing fancy

The plug is this one

http://elektronik-lavpris.dk/p113797/N-HQS-SJC006_3.5mm_stereo_han_guld/

 

Cable is this

http://elektronik-lavpris.dk/p110725/N-HQSSR100_HQ_HIGH_QUALITY_STEREO_AUDIO_CABLE/

 

It says HQ, so it must be high quality, right? ;-)

 

Cover is this

http://www.pandurohobby.dk/Catalogue/10-Smykker-Tilbehor/1025-TradWire/102535-NylonPolyester/1/900153-Rund-trad-5-mm-sortrod

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!