Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 763

post #11431 of 14225

Budget solid silver RCA interconnects using Qables 24awg silver and rean plugs

 

 

post #11432 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrywild View Post

Budget solid silver RCA interconnects using Qables 24awg silver and rean plugs

 

Very nice!

Keep up the good work!

 

Quality RCA cables are very important.

 

Tim

post #11433 of 14225

 

Finally got around to making a CIEM cable.

post #11434 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

cssarrow: What specific brand of epoxy are you using? You're not describing properties I'm familiar with epoxy having.

I would like to know the brand also, never come across such an epoxy and i have tried many.

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #11435 of 14225

Loctite i replaced some time ago.

 

SmartAdhesives E6 Epoxy is my go to now.

 

Tim

post #11436 of 14225

That would be the liquid type epoxy, just like glue. Messy.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 2/22/13 at 6:34pm

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #11437 of 14225

That's your opinion.

However, it works just fine for me.

I use a mini motor (made for fishing rod repair) and just apply with small brush.

 

Loctite 1-Minute Transparent Yellow is also pretty good.

 

Tim


Edited by cssarrow - 2/22/13 at 6:46pm
post #11438 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssarrow View Post

That's your opinion.
However, it works just fine for me.
I use a mini motor (made for fishing rod repair) and just apply with small brush.

Loctite 1-Minute Transparent Yellow is also pretty good.

Tim

I think hotglue is safer for me. I have a tendency to get liquid glues all over me. Ruined a pair of jeans last week when I accidentally squirted super glue near my crotch.
post #11439 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGGleR View Post

I think hotglue is safer for me. I have a tendency to get liquid glues all over me. Ruined a pair of jeans last week when I accidentally squirted super glue near my crotch.

That gave me the strangest imagery.
If you know what i mean.

>_^
post #11440 of 14225

That's either a wink or a squint... and both worry me just a bit. 

post #11441 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

That's either a wink or a squint... and both worry me just a bit. 

That was directed towards you my love.
post #11442 of 14225

I've tried craft glue of various kinds and haven't gotten results as satisfactory as when using hot glue or glue-lined shrink wrap. But if they work better for your technique, that's awesome.

post #11443 of 14225
JB Weld and Gorilla Glue are my glues of choice. The Gorilla has to be clamped and it expands so be very sparing with it. The JB Weld is permanent period.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Edited by TrollDragon - 2/23/13 at 6:43am
post #11444 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssarrow View Post


That gave me the strangest imagery.
If you know what i mean.

>_^

Lol.  That is why I can't use the jeans anymore.  It doesn't look like I was gluing electronics components together...

post #11445 of 14225
Now there's an image... biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!