- 143 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Finland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Last edited: 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 752post #11266 of 134762/7/13 at 12:48amSo the 23.5awg or 26.5awg are only a single wire and 4x24 has the required four wires in the cable?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11267 of 134762/7/13 at 12:48ampost #11268 of 134762/7/13 at 12:59ampost #11269 of 134762/7/13 at 6:23ampost #11270 of 134762/7/13 at 8:30ampost #11271 of 134762/7/13 at 8:47ampost #11272 of 134762/7/13 at 8:50ampost #11273 of 134762/7/13 at 8:50amQuote:
Depending on the stranding, it could noticeably impact the flexibility and weight of your cable. Either gauge should be fine for just about any headphone. I place a high priority on stranding and flexibility so that I get an easily usable cable.post #11274 of 134762/7/13 at 9:04amQuote:
In a nutshell, yes. Just make sure you solder the proper wires to the proper places (doesn't matter which wires you choose, as long as you choose the same wires on both ends of the cable).post #11275 of 134762/7/13 at 9:14ampost #11276 of 134762/7/13 at 9:18am
Plussound is offering 28ga wire in similar variety as Toxic Cables 26ga, and claims the same quality as Toxic Cable wire! How would 28ga be different than 26ga in the same application? I would think 28ga would be more flexable......but what about sonic qualities, or any other pros or cons?post #11277 of 134762/7/13 at 9:49amQuote:Originally Posted by cute
Plussound is offering 28ga wire in similar variety as Toxic Cables 26ga, and claims the same quality as Toxic Cable wire! How would 28ga be different than 26ga in the same application? I would think 28ga would be more flexable......but what about sonic qualities, or any other pros or cons?
It *might* be more flexible. Depending on how many strands, and what insulator. It might not - toxic's are pretty good.
Audibly, there should be no difference.post #11278 of 134762/7/13 at 10:22am
Smaller gauge does not necessarily mean better flexibility, can depend on strand size, count, layout, annealing and dielectric. I am speaking of wires in general here and not anyone's wire in particular.
The reason the majority of us don't use anything smaller then 26AWG is reliability, anything smaller then 26AWG wires can easily tear with a small tug, unless they have really thick or hard insulation, in which case, it would make the wire stiff.
I have some new 24AWG OCC Copper wire in PE dielectric here if anyone fancies fancies some. The PE is custom formulated and is as flexible as silicone, the most flexible 24AWG wire i have ever come across. It's even more flexible then my 26AWG wire. This wire is non Cryo and 5N, unlike my other wires.
PM me your address liamstrain/couple others, if you would like to try some. I will send you enough for a 6ft cable, so you can tell us what you think.
Edited by Toxic Cables - 2/7/13 at 10:51ampost #11279 of 134762/7/13 at 10:30ampost #11280 of 134762/7/13 at 10:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Shootinputin187
Where do you guys recommend getting cables? What do you guys think about this cable?
Silicone wire is not bad for first projects -- they tend to be flexible even when the insulator is very thick. Silicone is not really a good dielectric, though, and the specific wire you link to has a low strand count (7 strands), so it's probably going to be moderately flexible but fatigue easily -- it won't be as nice as the usual Mogami/Canare cables recommended for beginners.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Woo Audio WA5 vs. Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold 47 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 8 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude