Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 745

post #11161 of 13821
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRH View Post

I dig the AT re-cable, I would suggest some Neutrik or Switchcraft plugs done the road for better durability. 

thanks :) 

i didn't know any brands so i will give the SwitchCraft a look

post #11162 of 13821
Quote:
Originally Posted by PakoBoy View Post

+ left or right ( depending which earpiece)?
- ground ?

Each earpiece has one + and one -.
post #11163 of 13821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Rockwell View Post

What is the best wire gauge and braiding style for portable use that is a trade off between light weight, flexibility and durability?

 

26 is around the smallest you can get before it starts to get very hard to solder.

post #11164 of 13821

Finally got my hands on some right angle switchcraft plugs (and paid a fortune for them) and some 26awg SPC cable.

 

Should have braided the cables a little tighter, but was too hurried to make this work, but ultimately, got this done.  Very flexible, sounds great, the problem now is I have a whole stack of right angled plugs and cables left.

 

post #11165 of 13821

Where can I buy a pair Sennheiser type female two pin connectors (the socket that is in the headphone itself that the cable is being plugged in)?

post #11166 of 13821
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambchang View Post

Finally got my hands on some right angle switchcraft plugs (and paid a fortune for them) and some 26awg SPC cable.

Should have braided the cables a little tighter, but was too hurried to make this work, but ultimately, got this done.  Very flexible, sounds great, the problem now is I have a whole stack of right angled plugs and cables left.



Where did u buy those plugs? Those look much better than neutrik ones
post #11167 of 13821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Rockwell View Post

Where can I buy a pair Sennheiser type female two pin connectors (the socket that is in the headphone itself that the cable is being plugged in)?

Not sure that you can, since the socket is integrated with the driver unit.

post #11168 of 13821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Rockwell View Post

Where can I buy a pair Sennheiser type female two pin connectors (the socket that is in the headphone itself that the cable is being plugged in)?

 

Which model of headphone? Sennheiser uses at least two different connector types that I'm aware of (HD 25/600/650/etc. and HD 800).

post #11169 of 13821
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post

 

Which model of headphone? Sennheiser uses at least two different connector types that I'm aware of (HD 25/600/650/etc. and HD 800).

HD25/600/650 and other HPSC, the female port is just a pair of twisted wire which will come in contact with the connector. I will try to look for a picture, so my guess is that no one is selling them.

here is the pic from this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/590995/some-diy-mods-for-the-for-the-sennheiser-hd25-1-hd25-13-hd25-c-hd25-hd25sp

 

 

HD800 female is being sold in ALOaudio, bought a pair last year, Im not sure if they are still selling them.


Edited by rianchaos - 1/28/13 at 11:24pm
post #11170 of 13821

Any suggestions for a square connector that can work for headphones?

post #11171 of 13821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Rockwell View Post

Any suggestions for a square connector that can work for headphones?

 

What?

post #11172 of 13821

 

Doesnt look DIY but its a DIY Pair Oyaide SLSC 4N Silver RCA + FTVS-510 5N Silver Coaxial Cable ~3ft using WBT Solder. need to buy bigger transparent shrink tube so i can shrink the ends lol 

I nearly bought the Tunami Terzo RCA pre-made pair but I might as well go silver!

and yes I'm a sucker for Oyaide, right next to it is an Across 750 which is premade by Oyaide which I have been using for the past year or so :)

post #11173 of 13821
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoshiro View Post

Doesnt look DIY but its a DIY Pair Oyaide SLSC 4N Silver RCA + FTVS-510 5N Silver Coaxial Cable ~3ft using WBT Solder. need to buy bigger transparent shrink tube so i can shrink the ends lol 

I nearly bought the Tunami Terzo RCA pre-made pair but I might as well go silver!

and yes I'm a sucker for Oyaide, right next to it is an Across 750 which is premade by Oyaide which I have been using for the past year or so :)

 

Well aren't we humble…

post #11174 of 13821
Quote:
Originally Posted by limpidglitch View Post

 

Well aren't we humble…

:) 

gotta love making rca with coaxials after making a few cables that required braiding, those took quite a while especially braiding 1M+ cables.

post #11175 of 13821

If you bothered to spent so much money on nice plated and knurled connectors and pretty braided shield cable why use ugly heat shrink over it?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › DIY Cable Gallery!!