Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
RHA CL1 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in Apple...
Why I love iFi and their products iFi have been known, reputably for their amazing amplifiers and DAC. Ranging from Nano to Micro to Retro and the most recent addition, the Pro line, iFi have an...
Build/Accessories: The Earsonics SM3 is a triple balanced armature IEM, with one driver for the lows, one for the mids, and one for the treble region. the shell is clear acryllic on the...
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 717
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Only the HOT end...
She's a work of art, been a faithful workhorse since I got it in the 70's... She's getting a bit forgetful every now and then... A little rap on the base to free up the magswitch and all is good again.
I can see a Hakko on the horizon though.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Edited by TrollDragon - 12/12/12 at 6:02pm
If I had a dollar for every time I slipped on the handle and reflexively tried to catch the hot end...
well, I'd have at least $2
because I clearly didn't learn my lesson the first time
at least I didn't try to catch it in my lap
22AWG Silver Plated OFC Copper w/ 5% Silver Solder & Triple Shielded
Still need to heatshrink the ends.
Thanks to Fraggler for sending me mylar foil & double braided shields for triple shield.
A few more projects left before i disappear from the audio realm.
Edited by cssarrow - 12/14/12 at 12:40am
Hey man, this gallery is all about building your own cables. I'd say that iron's a prime candidate for a high-end OCC copper recabling in a litz braid with silver solder and gold-plated plugs. Then your every soldering job will be in high fidelity!
After soldering a plug, wrap the tape through the exposed joints before putting the housing on. It's usually a better fit than the thick plastic sleeve that plugs come with, and helps minimize the risk of shorts if any of the solder tabs flex..
Right on mate, never heard of this before. Will try soon.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 3 seconds ago
- › Portable player 30 seconds ago
- › Westone W80 32 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 38 seconds ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The New Thinksound Woodies. ON2, Rain3 and MS02 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 3 minutes ago
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 3 minutes ago
- › Do I need an Amp for my DT 990 Premiums? 3 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear