Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 717
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Only the HOT end...
She's a work of art, been a faithful workhorse since I got it in the 70's... She's getting a bit forgetful every now and then... A little rap on the base to free up the magswitch and all is good again.
I can see a Hakko on the horizon though.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Edited by TrollDragon - 12/12/12 at 6:02pm
If I had a dollar for every time I slipped on the handle and reflexively tried to catch the hot end...
well, I'd have at least $2
because I clearly didn't learn my lesson the first time
at least I didn't try to catch it in my lap
22AWG Silver Plated OFC Copper w/ 5% Silver Solder & Triple Shielded
Still need to heatshrink the ends.
Thanks to Fraggler for sending me mylar foil & double braided shields for triple shield.
A few more projects left before i disappear from the audio realm.
Edited by cssarrow - 12/14/12 at 12:40am
Hey man, this gallery is all about building your own cables. I'd say that iron's a prime candidate for a high-end OCC copper recabling in a litz braid with silver solder and gold-plated plugs. Then your every soldering job will be in high fidelity!
After soldering a plug, wrap the tape through the exposed joints before putting the housing on. It's usually a better fit than the thick plastic sleeve that plugs come with, and helps minimize the risk of shorts if any of the solder tabs flex..
Right on mate, never heard of this before. Will try soon.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 6 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for Trance, dubstep, house, electronic, rap, hip... 8 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 9 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 High Resolution Digital Audio Player - Like New 11 minutes ago
- › Who can build Dynahi? 11 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 11 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by hans030390
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)