Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Edited on 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesEdited on 8/16/12
- Hi End CablesEdited on 1/8/12
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 717post #10741 of 1196212/12/12 at 3:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10742 of 1196212/12/12 at 4:03pmpost #10743 of 1196212/12/12 at 4:18pmpost #10744 of 1196212/12/12 at 4:20pmpost #10745 of 1196212/12/12 at 4:31pmpost #10746 of 1196212/12/12 at 5:58pm
Only the HOT end...
She's a work of art, been a faithful workhorse since I got it in the 70's... She's getting a bit forgetful every now and then... A little rap on the base to free up the magswitch and all is good again.
I can see a Hakko on the horizon though.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Edited by TrollDragon - 12/12/12 at 6:02pmpost #10747 of 1196212/12/12 at 7:30pmQuote:
If I had a dollar for every time I slipped on the handle and reflexively tried to catch the hot end...
well, I'd have at least $2
because I clearly didn't learn my lesson the first time
at least I didn't try to catch it in my lappost #10748 of 1196212/12/12 at 7:42pmpost #10749 of 1196212/12/12 at 8:47pmpost #10750 of 1196212/12/12 at 9:28pmpost #10751 of 1196212/14/12 at 12:04amMy DIY USB Cable.
22AWG Silver Plated OFC Copper w/ 5% Silver Solder & Triple Shielded
Still need to heatshrink the ends.
Thanks to Fraggler for sending me mylar foil & double braided shields for triple shield.
A few more projects left before i disappear from the audio realm.
Edited by cssarrow - 12/14/12 at 12:40ampost #10752 of 1196212/14/12 at 3:54ampost #10753 of 1196212/14/12 at 3:57amQuote:
Hey man, this gallery is all about building your own cables. I'd say that iron's a prime candidate for a high-end OCC copper recabling in a litz braid with silver solder and gold-plated plugs. Then your every soldering job will be in high fidelity!post #10754 of 1196212/14/12 at 3:59am
After soldering a plug, wrap the tape through the exposed joints before putting the housing on. It's usually a better fit than the thick plastic sleeve that plugs come with, and helps minimize the risk of shorts if any of the solder tabs flex..post #10755 of 1196212/14/12 at 9:03amQuote:
Right on mate, never heard of this before. Will try soon.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 16 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Monster Audio HiFi-ET MA9 - The SLR DAP 36 seconds ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews 1 minute ago
- › Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? 2 minutes ago
- › New to Classical Music - advice? 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 4 minutes ago
- › The tip of my 1/4" jack on my HE-500's just broke off inside my DAC! 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Audio-Technica ATH-EW9 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 5 minutes ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe