Thanks for that tip, i noticed that it softens when heated.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 716
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you want an ear hook that is a little more aggressively springy, put a tube of heat-shrink over the area and attach it to the plug body, then do what fraggler describes above. I do this for all my IEM cables, and I much prefer it to memory wire. Again, it will eventually deform, but within reason you can continue reshaping it as much as you want.
- Trader Feedback: +55
Flips free review samples, and profits at the
expense of fellow Head-Fiers (like yourself)
- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
sounds good, i did do heatshrink and wire before, it became a little uncomfortable after a while, but i do have some nylon sheathing that i may use, or similar.
My first IEM cable irritated the back of one ear, so I re-bent the heatshrinks so they curved around the ears more tightly and then curled away from the ear near where the heatshrinks ended. The squared-off ends of the heatshrink were causing the irritation.
Later I sheathed the whole length in multifilament and that helped by adding a little padding. The irritation had already gone away before I had done that, though.
going to make a toxic cables SPC 26awg cable with these:
(i like using pailiccs, quite big but nice quality and they look good)
Cable is for:
Gonna look good i think, hopefully Frank has the SPC in tranparent, as i prefer it to blue or grey translucent. Still dont now wether to make memory cable or not...
I have used both the trans blue, and the clear insulated SPC to make IEM cables:
The trans blue looks pretty awesome IMO. I would also say that as long as you have a chin slider on there, you wont need any memory wire for the ear loops. The 26awg is very flexible, and stays in place just fine for me using the cinch.
I used the 16AWG cables that came with my Audioengine A5+. Braided 4 conductor round for fun. Sub-woofer sounds a lot tighter now in both music and action movies.
Neutrik RCA Connectors :} Grounded each connector.
Edited by cssarrow - 12/11/12 at 6:11pm
Has anyone else used VGA pins for their TF10/UE pins? I believe TF10's use the 0.75mm pins and other brands use the 0.78mm pins. I'm wondering if the vga pins will stretch out the connectors.
Oh sorry to not mention!!! I have JH16. Any suggestion? of what it is called and where can I get it?
Lunashops and Toxic Cables ebay store both sell the connector pins your after.
HD D-sub pins, which are used for 15-pin VGA connectors, are 0.76mm dia, usually ±0.02mm.
The ones you find in VGA connectors and connector parts are usually hollow and bend easily. I don't recommend using hollow pins for anything other than a quicky whip-something-together bench experiment, because of the increased chance of the pin snapping off inside the IEM.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 5 seconds ago
- › The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. 15 seconds ago
- › E18 supported models list (udated on Jan 20th, 2014)! 23 seconds ago
- › going from Bose AE2 35 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? ( updated on 7/11/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple) 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)