Thanks for that tip, i noticed that it softens when heated.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 716
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you want an ear hook that is a little more aggressively springy, put a tube of heat-shrink over the area and attach it to the plug body, then do what fraggler describes above. I do this for all my IEM cables, and I much prefer it to memory wire. Again, it will eventually deform, but within reason you can continue reshaping it as much as you want.
My first IEM cable irritated the back of one ear, so I re-bent the heatshrinks so they curved around the ears more tightly and then curled away from the ear near where the heatshrinks ended. The squared-off ends of the heatshrink were causing the irritation.
Later I sheathed the whole length in multifilament and that helped by adding a little padding. The irritation had already gone away before I had done that, though.
going to make a toxic cables SPC 26awg cable with these:
(i like using pailiccs, quite big but nice quality and they look good)
Cable is for:
Gonna look good i think, hopefully Frank has the SPC in tranparent, as i prefer it to blue or grey translucent. Still dont now wether to make memory cable or not...
I have used both the trans blue, and the clear insulated SPC to make IEM cables:
The trans blue looks pretty awesome IMO. I would also say that as long as you have a chin slider on there, you wont need any memory wire for the ear loops. The 26awg is very flexible, and stays in place just fine for me using the cinch.
I used the 16AWG cables that came with my Audioengine A5+. Braided 4 conductor round for fun. Sub-woofer sounds a lot tighter now in both music and action movies.
Neutrik RCA Connectors :} Grounded each connector.
Edited by cssarrow - 12/11/12 at 6:11pm
Has anyone else used VGA pins for their TF10/UE pins? I believe TF10's use the 0.75mm pins and other brands use the 0.78mm pins. I'm wondering if the vga pins will stretch out the connectors.
Oh sorry to not mention!!! I have JH16. Any suggestion? of what it is called and where can I get it?
Lunashops and Toxic Cables ebay store both sell the connector pins your after.
HD D-sub pins, which are used for 15-pin VGA connectors, are 0.76mm dia, usually ±0.02mm.
The ones you find in VGA connectors and connector parts are usually hollow and bend easily. I don't recommend using hollow pins for anything other than a quicky whip-something-together bench experiment, because of the increased chance of the pin snapping off inside the IEM.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 51 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over-Ear Review by mark2410 1 minute ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 2 minutes ago
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...