Thanks for that tip, i noticed that it softens when heated.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Edited on 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesEdited on 8/16/12
- Hi End CablesEdited on 1/8/12
The Logitech Z-2300 were a decent pair of speakers. A few friend had them and I was enthused when they played them. Also they were made at a time where it's said that fitting the most quality...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a comparison review of the AD900X, AD1000X and MA900...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube review of the Sony XBA-1. If you like the video, please check out my channel for more reviews Summary BUILD The XBA-1 is...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the XB900. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The XB800...
Along with the summary below, I have a review thread comparing the TMA-1 Studio with the Sony MDR-1R, Z1000, Sennheiser Momentum, Logitech UE 6000 and Audio Technica M50...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 716post #10726 of 1195512/11/12 at 8:22am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10727 of 1195512/11/12 at 8:26ampost #10728 of 1195512/11/12 at 8:31amThe plastic will eventually deform into another shape, in which case just curl it and whack it with a hairdryer or heatgun again.
If you want an ear hook that is a little more aggressively springy, put a tube of heat-shrink over the area and attach it to the plug body, then do what fraggler describes above. I do this for all my IEM cables, and I much prefer it to memory wire. Again, it will eventually deform, but within reason you can continue reshaping it as much as you want.post #10729 of 1195512/11/12 at 8:36ampost #10730 of 1195512/11/12 at 2:03pm
My first IEM cable irritated the back of one ear, so I re-bent the heatshrinks so they curved around the ears more tightly and then curled away from the ear near where the heatshrinks ended. The squared-off ends of the heatshrink were causing the irritation.
Later I sheathed the whole length in multifilament and that helped by adding a little padding. The irritation had already gone away before I had done that, though.post #10731 of 1195512/11/12 at 3:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by randomkid
going to make a toxic cables SPC 26awg cable with these:
(i like using pailiccs, quite big but nice quality and they look good)
Cable is for:
Gonna look good i think, hopefully Frank has the SPC in tranparent, as i prefer it to blue or grey translucent. Still dont now wether to make memory cable or not...
I have used both the trans blue, and the clear insulated SPC to make IEM cables:
The trans blue looks pretty awesome IMO. I would also say that as long as you have a chin slider on there, you wont need any memory wire for the ear loops. The 26awg is very flexible, and stays in place just fine for me using the cinch.post #10732 of 1195512/11/12 at 5:35pmpost #10733 of 1195512/11/12 at 6:08pmJust replaced the most crappy RCA in my setup. Went to a Polkaduio subwoofer.
I used the 16AWG cables that came with my Audioengine A5+. Braided 4 conductor round for fun. Sub-woofer sounds a lot tighter now in both music and action movies.
Neutrik RCA Connectors :} Grounded each connector.
Edited by cssarrow - 12/11/12 at 6:11pmpost #10734 of 1195512/11/12 at 8:28pm
Has anyone else used VGA pins for their TF10/UE pins? I believe TF10's use the 0.75mm pins and other brands use the 0.78mm pins. I'm wondering if the vga pins will stretch out the connectors.post #10735 of 1195512/11/12 at 11:06pmQuote:
Oh sorry to not mention!!! I have JH16. Any suggestion? of what it is called and where can I get it?post #10736 of 1195512/12/12 at 1:29amQuote:
Lunashops and Toxic Cables ebay store both sell the connector pins your after.post #10737 of 1195512/12/12 at 3:45ampost #10738 of 1195512/12/12 at 10:18amQuote:
HD D-sub pins, which are used for 15-pin VGA connectors, are 0.76mm dia, usually ±0.02mm.
The ones you find in VGA connectors and connector parts are usually hollow and bend easily. I don't recommend using hollow pins for anything other than a quicky whip-something-together bench experiment, because of the increased chance of the pin snapping off inside the IEM.post #10739 of 1195512/12/12 at 11:47ampost #10740 of 1195512/12/12 at 1:30pm
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Mobile version 33 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › Philips EM6721 BALANCED Electret, anyone knows them? 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 5 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 6 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › Singapore Meet - Interest Check. 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 7 minutes ago
- › Logitech Speaker System Z623 by D3Seeker
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-1 Balanced Armature Headphones-1 Driver by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-XB900 | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by a_recording
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphones by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-7550 In-Ear Monitors (IEM) by a_recording
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-1R by a_recording
- › Sennheiser Momentum by a_recording
- › Soundmagic HP200 by Quadpatch
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe