Thanks for that tip, i noticed that it softens when heated.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 5/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Hi End Cables
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 716
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If you want an ear hook that is a little more aggressively springy, put a tube of heat-shrink over the area and attach it to the plug body, then do what fraggler describes above. I do this for all my IEM cables, and I much prefer it to memory wire. Again, it will eventually deform, but within reason you can continue reshaping it as much as you want.
sounds good, i did do heatshrink and wire before, it became a little uncomfortable after a while, but i do have some nylon sheathing that i may use, or similar.
My first IEM cable irritated the back of one ear, so I re-bent the heatshrinks so they curved around the ears more tightly and then curled away from the ear near where the heatshrinks ended. The squared-off ends of the heatshrink were causing the irritation.
Later I sheathed the whole length in multifilament and that helped by adding a little padding. The irritation had already gone away before I had done that, though.
going to make a toxic cables SPC 26awg cable with these:
(i like using pailiccs, quite big but nice quality and they look good)
Cable is for:
Gonna look good i think, hopefully Frank has the SPC in tranparent, as i prefer it to blue or grey translucent. Still dont now wether to make memory cable or not...
I have used both the trans blue, and the clear insulated SPC to make IEM cables:
The trans blue looks pretty awesome IMO. I would also say that as long as you have a chin slider on there, you wont need any memory wire for the ear loops. The 26awg is very flexible, and stays in place just fine for me using the cinch.
I used the 16AWG cables that came with my Audioengine A5+. Braided 4 conductor round for fun. Sub-woofer sounds a lot tighter now in both music and action movies.
Neutrik RCA Connectors :} Grounded each connector.
Edited by cssarrow - 12/11/12 at 6:11pm
Has anyone else used VGA pins for their TF10/UE pins? I believe TF10's use the 0.75mm pins and other brands use the 0.78mm pins. I'm wondering if the vga pins will stretch out the connectors.
HD D-sub pins, which are used for 15-pin VGA connectors, are 0.76mm dia, usually ±0.02mm.
The ones you find in VGA connectors and connector parts are usually hollow and bend easily. I don't recommend using hollow pins for anything other than a quicky whip-something-together bench experiment, because of the increased chance of the pin snapping off inside the IEM.
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 18 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 41 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 41 seconds ago
- › what is electricity. what is that 'stuff' flowing through all our... 55 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Have I been lied to my whole life? 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2