Wild. I'd love to see the insides of the dock connector. That takes more than soldering wire ends to pins, doesn't it?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- XLR to 1/4 adapter Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:35pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Cable agnostic seeking advice from true believers... Last post on 7/10/12 at 11:28pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- overpriced cables Last post on 7/13/12 at 6:32pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Links to "upgrade" RCA cables? Last post on 6/15/12 at 10:21pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- what interconnects should i try for a perfectwave dac into a luxman p-1u headphone amp - feeding... Last post on 6/13/12 at 1:37pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone Cables)
Edited on 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesEdited on 8/16/12
- Hi End CablesEdited on 1/8/12
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
DIY Cable Gallery!! - Page 701post #10501 of 1196511/15/12 at 2:07pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10502 of 1196511/15/12 at 2:17pmQuote:
The connections are no different than a normal 30-pin to USB cable. Just has to be planned and executed much more precisely due to the low profiled connector. But I just so happened to take pics while building :)post #10503 of 1196511/15/12 at 2:29pm
Hah. So a USB connection for the dock is basically just a straight wire, no internal circuit necessary? That makes it even easier than a simple audio line-out. Good to know!post #10504 of 1196511/15/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
I'd love to get your impressions of the TP60 when you get it. Have you had any other t-amps in the past?post #10505 of 1196511/15/12 at 2:59pmQuote:
No experience at all but I have it on good authority that the TP60 coupled with the HE-6 is a bit of an eye opener. It's cheap and although it requires a mod to reduce the output it's a bit of fun, I'm quite looking forward to it as I think the HE-6 has massive potential. This may lead to the more expensive purchase of the Little Dot VI +......post #10506 of 1196511/15/12 at 3:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpudHarris
No experience at all but I have it on good authority that the TP60 coupled with the HE-6 is a bit of an eye opener. It's cheap and although it requires a mod to reduce the output it's a bit of fun, I'm quite looking forward to it as I think the HE-6 has massive potential. This may lead to the more expensive purchase of the Little Dot VI +......
Nice, I'm looking at it mostly for my bedroom speaker setup, but I do happen to have a speaker tap breakout cable for my fostexpost #10507 of 1196511/16/12 at 2:12am
My new interconnect: Canare L-4E6S + Canare F-12 jacks. Two blue conductors for left, two white conducors for right channel ( 2 x 21 AWG + 2 x 21 AWG ), metal shield as ground. Faster bass, better soundstage. Great cable and plugs for affordable price! With the little help from Mr. Yasuhiro Tsukuda
BTW on the 2nd pic there is my Meelec CC51, recabled with more durable M11+ cables.
Edited by garcsa - 11/16/12 at 5:02ampost #10508 of 1196511/16/12 at 2:15am
My first DIY recable from scratch using Toxic Cables 26awg SPC, braiding it takes the longest, and as it was my first braid its not perfectly consistent but the cable is super soft and easy to work with, but im happy with the end result, sounds good. Also the Y-split is a case from some old Pailiccs jacks that broke, filled with hot glue, strain relief in the housing is hot glue too.
Pailiccs are my favourite jacks to work with, they look nice and are good quality, a little flux and it sticks straight away.post #10509 of 1196511/16/12 at 2:29amQuote:
Thanks Fraggler and Tangsterpost #10510 of 1196511/16/12 at 6:54pm
Weekends are a nice break with time to actually do stuff.
I used some old CAT3 cable I found in our basement, bitspower sleeving, and some Rean 3.5mm plugs (much better than those $.99 on ebay) for the cable. Found some 3.5mm jacks at radioshack, although they're kinda crappy and a tad loose with some other plugs (but not the rean ones)
Not bad for around $20.post #10511 of 1196511/16/12 at 7:17pm
I contact Sony on my project to mod detachable of my XBA 4 iem.
and their reply as:
--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 09/11/2012 16:17
Subject: Servicing and Repair - XBA-4 - Johanes - Fernando
I'm one of Sony Earphone fanboy.
I'm now in a project to custom my own Sony XBA 4 earphone.
Will Sony share the repair or maintenance manual with me? I want to open the housing my XBA4 without harm the housing. All project is my inisiative and for my personal purpose only.
thanks for the appreciation.
Dear Mr. Johanes Fernando
Thank you for your email
Responding your email, we would like inform you that Headphone model XBA-4 cannot be repair. Therefore we are sorry that we cannot assist you. As additional information, we do not have information regarding Manual Service for repair product.
Thank you for your attention and your deeply kind understanding. Should you have further enquiries, do not hesitate to inform us back or kindly contact our Sony Customer Information Center (CIC) at 021-29948800 every Monday to Friday from 09.00am to 05.00pm.
Customer Information Center
PT. Sony Indonesia
23rd Floor, Suite 2301, Wisma GKBI Buidling
Jl. Jend Sudirman Kav. 28
Tel. +6221 2994-8800
Email : http://www.sony.co.id/section/contactus
Web : www.sony.co.id
Must find another way.....
btw, my latest project:
8 braids pure silver solid core, shielded with mogami cooper, sony miniplug, mold with epoxy, need some final touch on the plug...post #10512 of 1196511/17/12 at 4:32am
Got out my spare Mundorf and Black Dragon to make some adaptors. The mini-XLR one is for a cable system -- my headphones are terminated in mini-4pin XLRs so I can plug in one of a variety of adaptors.post #10513 of 1196511/17/12 at 5:27am
Nice work Amos.
For those wishing to make their own HD800 cables, i now have 2 different types of my own custom made HD800 connectors available, one accepts same sized wire as all other HD800 connectors, while the other accepts cables up to 5mm thick, and will easily accept 2 x 18AWG wires, with no modifications.
Mine are the two on the right,
I now also have connectors for most IEM and headphone cables available for purchase in my ebay shop, please check my sig for link.
Edited by Toxic Cables - 11/17/12 at 2:35pmpost #10514 of 1196511/20/12 at 11:56ampost #10515 of 1196511/20/12 at 12:10pm
Cool now with the right music you should be able to magnetize all kinds of nails and screwdrivers etc...
Maybe play some Bieber to demagnetize... J/K
That is a very unique cable you've built!
- DIY Cable Gallery!!
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 7 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 thread 40 seconds ago
- › xonar essence stx along with headphones and speakers 57 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › My DT990 Pro Is Bass Light O.o 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 3 minutes ago
- › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo... 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 6 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 281 IEMs compared (VSonic GR07 BE and R02 Silver... 7 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe