or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › For Sale / Trade Forums › For Sale / Trade (and Feedback) Forums › Headphones for Sale / Trade › Flagship Gear Sale!!! (Orpheus Package price drop)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For Sale: Flagship Gear Sale!!! (Orpheus Package price drop) - Page 2

post #16 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2013 View Post

Which of the HD800s are you selling the early or later production? Good luck with the sale, and thank you! Your thread has given me great information and countless hours of enjoyment. Wish I had an xtra $25k around - I'd jump on that! One day some hedge fund billionare will pay $250k at a Sotheby's auction for this rare set-up!

 

I'm not sure.  They're both in good condition.  I think more people would probably like the one better than I deem as bassier, because people have a concern about the HD800's bass.

 

I will be having my Manley 300b likely up for sale too, although I haven't yet made a final decision on it. If so, this pairing blows away just about any other HD800 setup I've heard.  I would love to get the HD800 into someone's hands with this amp, or if I sell the amp, I would really hope they have an HD800 :)

 

If someone did ever want to make an offer on the whole rig that would be crazy...Bare in mind the cost of the DAC. 

post #17 of 80

Epic sale.  Good luck!  You can buy something reeeaaaallly nice wiht all the money that's gonna come in from this. lol

post #18 of 80
David, may I ask which 5 headphones would you say are the ones you would not part with?
post #19 of 80

Good luck with your sale!

post #20 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by potterpastor View Post

David, may I ask which 5 headphones would you say are the ones you would not part with?

thats a great question!

Cause it infers that whatever 5 I pick would be my true favorites haha (but its not that simple I think)

 

I don't think I want to part with the Orpheus/Aristaeus combo. 

 

I prefer the bass light R10, BUT I prefer it for classical and the SR-009 and Orpheus are probably even better in that category.  Whereas the bass heavy R10 are warmer and quite different to me.

 

Ideally, the five I would likely want to have...

 

Orpheus

SR-009

R10 (bass heavy)
Jade (though I have some problems with my Jade that bug me)
HD800

 

Right now I am hanging on to the HD600 and HD650 simply because I am very very used to them.  Been using both of them for years and years and I don't worry about them breaking like I do with the more expensive headphones.  Ultimately I will sell these too I think.

 

I have gotten little interest so far in Stax SR-Omega which has surprised me! This headphone is still considered Stax best headphone by many.  I think the sound is a bit more clinical than the SR-009, but maybe better in some ways.

post #21 of 80

Is that because you haven't posted the Stax listings up yet? :o

post #22 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post
 

Is that because you haven't posted the Stax listings up yet? :o

Maybe! But I've gotten 4 offers for the SR-007 Mk1

post #23 of 80
Those prices lol


Anyyways hope the admins dont make u lock this thread like my other big sale thread .


Good luck with sale!
post #24 of 80

David must have got tons of pms, including mine. lol

post #25 of 80

Damn, all that stuff. The HE60 is screaming my name.. and the Omega.. and hd800, and HE-6.. and..

 

I suppose the HE60 can't be used with a stax amp as it is terminated in HE90 plug?

post #26 of 80
interested, PM sent, thanks.
post #27 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Damn, all that stuff. The HE60 is screaming my name.. and the Omega.. and hd800, and HE-6.. and..

 

I suppose the HE60 can't be used with a stax amp as it is terminated in HE90 plug?

I have HE-90 to Stax 5 pin adapter that I can sell.  Although I may already have a buyer for the HE60.

post #28 of 80

mark this thread in case I need any of those cans...

post #29 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post
 

thats a great question!

Cause it infers that whatever 5 I pick would be my true favorites haha (but its not that simple I think)

 

I don't think I want to part with the Orpheus/Aristaeus combo. 

 

I prefer the bass light R10, BUT I prefer it for classical and the SR-009 and Orpheus are probably even better in that category.  Whereas the bass heavy R10 are warmer and quite different to me.

 

Ideally, the five I would likely want to have...

 

Orpheus

SR-009

R10 (bass heavy)
Jade (though I have some problems with my Jade that bug me)
HD800

 

Right now I am hanging on to the HD600 and HD650 simply because I am very very used to them.  Been using both of them for years and years and I don't worry about them breaking like I do with the more expensive headphones.  Ultimately I will sell these too I think.

 

I have gotten little interest so far in Stax SR-Omega which has surprised me! This headphone is still considered Stax best headphone by many.  I think the sound is a bit more clinical than the SR-009, but maybe better in some ways.

 

 

Why don't you just open a headphone museum.  That's the first place I would go on my next trip to New York.

post #30 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post

I'm not sure.  They're both in good condition.  I think more people would probably like the one better than I deem as bassier, because people have a concern about the HD800's bass.

I will be having my Manley 300b likely up for sale too, although I haven't yet made a final decision on it. If so, this pairing blows away just about any other HD800 setup I've heard.  I would love to get the HD800 into someone's hands with this amp, or if I sell the amp, I would really hope they have an HD800 smily_headphones1.gif

If someone did ever want to make an offer on the whole rig that would be crazy...Bare in mind the cost of the DAC. 
Are you selling both HD800 pairs, or keeping one. From your review, it looks like you rated the HD800 bass as very good, I think it came down transparency. The later production being more transparent. The earlier having a richer tone. The Manley is an awesome amp. That, I imagine, would go quickly.
Edited by rb2013 - 3/22/14 at 7:50pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi.org › Forums › For Sale / Trade Forums › For Sale / Trade (and Feedback) Forums › Headphones for Sale / Trade › Flagship Gear Sale!!! (Orpheus Package price drop)