hmm, 262s, se530s, plus i also really like the KC3 and IE7. prob have to put the re600 on there too.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphonetagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
Related Forum Threads
- IEM build quality concern Last post on 10/11/14 at 3:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from RE-262 to RE-400 => disappointed. Is there a real substitute for the RE-262? Last post on 6/19/14 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 300 dollar range earphone for EDM Last post on 2/5/14 at 12:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IC: RE262 for RE400 Last post on 10/17/13 at 6:28pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- IEM overrated? Last post on 8/9/13 at 4:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 4/13/15
MDR-XD-150BK Easily said, the Black Version. #BIGBASS Before we get started. Descriptive Review!: Laid back, more like a "Cheap School" Headphone you'd see people use if you were to buy...
Those headphones are just cool. -> good sound -> easy spreading and slicing -> they look awesome, don't they? -> you can hear to music really loud -> not really expensive But,...
I decided to finally treat myself to a pair of quality headphones for a self-birthday present. After hours of online research, the AH D1100 seemed to offer the best bang-for-the-buck under...
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL?? - Page 4post #46 of 674/21/14 at 2:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 674/22/14 at 12:15amQuote:Originally Posted by cuiter23
Interesting, I have yet to audition the RE-262's and I really want to after hearing all this about it and for the price it sounds too good to be true haha. The SE425 which I use is more neutral sounding than the 535. I find it tends to do well especially with Carpenters the vocals are quite forward but at the same time sound smooth and well rounded off (I guess that's what you mean by not as energetic?)
Have never heard SE425, so I can't say for sure, but from your description, it might be just what I'm talking about.post #48 of 675/22/14 at 5:09am
I tried out all but the 846 in the Shure line as well as most of the Westones but I didn't like any of them. I'm also into vocals and the only one that really impressed me was UE900. I have been using that for a year and thought it was excellent. that was until today when my Audio-technica ATH-IM70 arrived and just blew the UE900 with a really lush strong powerful vocal range. highly recommended.post #49 of 675/22/14 at 1:13pmpost #50 of 675/22/14 at 8:55pmpost #51 of 675/22/14 at 10:00pmpost #52 of 675/22/14 at 10:35pmFor me it really has to be the final audio design heaven vi, they are just stunning with vocals, male and female, I've never heard anything like it and I've owned many decent iems, such as the ue900, re600, se535, fitear f111, Ortofon eq5,7,8. Grado gr10, heir 5, fad fi-ba-ss. The Heaven vi were streets ahead of any of those for vocals it wasn't even close. A really amazing achievement to get both male and female vocals sounding just so good. I think they should be a the top of you list.post #53 of 6710/27/14 at 12:26pmpost #54 of 6710/27/14 at 4:13pm
I personally liked the 334 for vocals Pricing is a bit steep and quite fit dependent. What I'd like to know is what FR curve would be ideal for vocals? I would think something that emphasizes the vocal range. I do like clarity and don't like bass to get in the way so no boost in the lows for me.
Edited by SilverEars - 10/27/14 at 4:33pmpost #55 of 6710/28/14 at 12:18ampost #56 of 6710/28/14 at 1:15ampost #57 of 6710/29/14 at 6:22ampost #58 of 672/26/15 at 7:29pm
@Joey99 Blew the IM-70 out of the way huh? I've been using the IM-50 fr a few weeks now, and still haven't found any IEM better for Female Vocals, for entry level price, they're the best bet... Now looking for IM-02 for possible upgrade for me :D
Edited by Sp12er3 - 2/26/15 at 7:30pmpost #59 of 672/26/15 at 8:05pmQuote:
Earsonics SM64, Velvet
Sennheiser IE6, IE7
UE900 and most Shure stuff will do.
Audiofly AF180, T-Peos H-200, Heir Audio 4.Ai
A close audiophile friend of mine sold his ue900 after listening to my 4.Ai and got himself a pair.
Edited by jonyoo - 2/26/15 at 8:08pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › FS: Cavalli Audio Liquid Lightning Solid State Electrostatic... 49 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado GS1000i - to me or not for me 3 minutes ago
- › Corny Jokes - the more the merrier 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by ahnvx
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2