hmm, 262s, se530s, plus i also really like the KC3 and IE7. prob have to put the re600 on there too.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphonetagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
Related Forum Threads
- IEM build quality concern Last post on 10/11/14 at 3:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from RE-262 to RE-400 => disappointed. Is there a real substitute for the RE-262? Last post on 6/19/14 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 300 dollar range earphone for EDM Last post on 2/5/14 at 12:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IC: RE262 for RE400 Last post on 10/17/13 at 6:28pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- IEM overrated? Last post on 8/9/13 at 4:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL?? - Page 4post #46 of 674/21/14 at 2:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 674/22/14 at 12:15amQuote:Originally Posted by cuiter23
Interesting, I have yet to audition the RE-262's and I really want to after hearing all this about it and for the price it sounds too good to be true haha. The SE425 which I use is more neutral sounding than the 535. I find it tends to do well especially with Carpenters the vocals are quite forward but at the same time sound smooth and well rounded off (I guess that's what you mean by not as energetic?)
Have never heard SE425, so I can't say for sure, but from your description, it might be just what I'm talking about.post #48 of 675/22/14 at 5:09am
I tried out all but the 846 in the Shure line as well as most of the Westones but I didn't like any of them. I'm also into vocals and the only one that really impressed me was UE900. I have been using that for a year and thought it was excellent. that was until today when my Audio-technica ATH-IM70 arrived and just blew the UE900 with a really lush strong powerful vocal range. highly recommended.post #49 of 675/22/14 at 1:13pmpost #50 of 675/22/14 at 8:55pmpost #51 of 675/22/14 at 10:00pmpost #52 of 675/22/14 at 10:35pmFor me it really has to be the final audio design heaven vi, they are just stunning with vocals, male and female, I've never heard anything like it and I've owned many decent iems, such as the ue900, re600, se535, fitear f111, Ortofon eq5,7,8. Grado gr10, heir 5, fad fi-ba-ss. The Heaven vi were streets ahead of any of those for vocals it wasn't even close. A really amazing achievement to get both male and female vocals sounding just so good. I think they should be a the top of you list.post #53 of 6710/27/14 at 12:26pmpost #54 of 6710/27/14 at 4:13pm
I personally liked the 334 for vocals Pricing is a bit steep and quite fit dependent. What I'd like to know is what FR curve would be ideal for vocals? I would think something that emphasizes the vocal range. I do like clarity and don't like bass to get in the way so no boost in the lows for me.
Edited by SilverEars - 10/27/14 at 4:33pmpost #55 of 6710/28/14 at 12:18ampost #56 of 6710/28/14 at 1:15ampost #57 of 6710/29/14 at 6:22ampost #58 of 672/26/15 at 7:29pm
@Joey99 Blew the IM-70 out of the way huh? I've been using the IM-50 fr a few weeks now, and still haven't found any IEM better for Female Vocals, for entry level price, they're the best bet... Now looking for IM-02 for possible upgrade for me :D
Edited by Sp12er3 - 2/26/15 at 7:30pmpost #59 of 672/26/15 at 8:05pmQuote:
Earsonics SM64, Velvet
Sennheiser IE6, IE7
UE900 and most Shure stuff will do.
Audiofly AF180, T-Peos H-200, Heir Audio 4.Ai
A close audiophile friend of mine sold his ue900 after listening to my 4.Ai and got himself a pair.
Edited by jonyoo - 2/26/15 at 8:08pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? 1 second ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 51 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D2000 5 minutes ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 5 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2