or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL?? - Page 3

post #31 of 72

I'd say re-262

post #32 of 72

I find BA's always do well for Vocals.

XBA3 and ADDIEM's work pretty well on vocals.

Yamaha EPH50, when the track is bass light and only vocals it is very impressive considering price, but it struggles on treble sometimes.

 

I tried my friend's Audio Technica EW9 earclips on live female vocals and that was absolute awesomeness.

post #33 of 72
There's no best phones for vocal, it depends how you like your vocals. Whatever people suggest here is what THEY like, that might not be what you like.
post #34 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000 View Post

There's no best phones for vocal, it depends how you like your vocals. Whatever people suggest here is what THEY like, that might not be what you like.

Couldn't agree more.

With a little remark: CUSTOMS.

post #35 of 72

Honestly if you are looking for smooth and forward vocals, I cannot recommend the Shure SE Balanced Armature line-up more (SE315 and above). The midrange on the SE line-up I would say is a class leader (for what you pay for, of course).

post #36 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuiter23 View Post
 

Honestly if you are looking for smooth and forward vocals, I cannot recommend the Shure SE Balanced Armature line-up more (SE315 and above). The midrange on the SE line-up I would say is a class leader (for what you pay for, of course).

From my experience, mid-forwardness is just not enough for vocals to sound as I like them to.

RE-262 is another mid-centric models rated on par or above Shure flagship SE535 for vocals.

But it was just too dark, veiled and soft for my liking. I guess 535 would be just the same, as it doesn't have a very pronounced treble. So, redrich2000 is right - it all depends on how you like your vocals, forward or laid-back, energetic or relaxed, clear or veiled, dark or sparky, etc.

post #37 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by nananan View Post

So far, Audio Technica IM02 is my pick! I love the outstanding, crystal clear vocal & just a little bass
However, while I've been waiting for it to be available at local store.
I'd like to ask you guys if there's any other interesting choices?
Like... UE900
or RE-400 (I've never tried this one, but heard it really rocks!)

Any suggestion? I'd like to try other choices before I make decision.

PS: a price is regardless.

Thanks in advance!

 

 

If you want crystal clear vocals, and a little bass you really need to consider the Noble PR or the Noble FR.

 

 

The PR might be your first choice of the two.

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #38 of 72
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
 

 

 

If you want crystal clear vocals, and a little bass you really need to consider the Noble PR or the Noble FR.

 

 

The PR might be your first choice of the two.

 

Actually, I already bought your "NOBLE 6" last week.

It has been impressive to me. Vocals and impact are just right for my preference. :)

post #39 of 72

The Noble 6 does an amazing job keeping the highs nice and clear, but the PR and FR are designed for clarity.

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #40 of 72

Shure, customs are in a diffenent league, both in quality and price.

post #41 of 72

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
 

Shure, customs are in a diffenent league, both in quality and price.

 

The Noble FR and PR are Universal IEMs

 

 

 

They are actually "Two IEMs" in "One IEM housing."   Meaning that there are two seperate clusters of drivers, dedicated to their own x-over net work and tubing. The switch is an "A/B" switch witch enables the user to change the sound signature in an instant....   by selecting which cluster of drivers he/she wants to listen to.  Essentially, an IEM to match your mood :)

 

The PR's design goal was purely based on accurate sound, where as the FR has one setting for "full range" (a modest V shape) and also has another setting for a flat accurate type response.

 

 

Noble does not offer the PR or the FR in CIEM format. 

 

That being said, we also offer the IEMs in a more exotic/unique housing style as well

 

 

 

 

 

and of course we also offer a CIEM line up as well

 

 

 

*

 

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #42 of 72

But for $700 one can get two separate high quality iem's, which is the same as having two-in-one, strictly from audiophilic point of view.

post #43 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
 

But for $700 one can get two separate high quality iem's, which is the same as having two-in-one, strictly from audiophilic point of view.

 

Pretty much, and you get to carry them around as well.

 

The FR and PR are essentially a "Two in one" IEM not a "two for the price of one" IEM.


Edited by FullCircle - 4/17/14 at 5:55am

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #44 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

 

The FR and PR are essentially a "Two in one" IEM not a "two for the price of one" IEM.

Well said! 

post #45 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
 

From my experience, mid-forwardness is just not enough for vocals to sound as I like them to.

RE-262 is another mid-centric models rated on par or above Shure flagship SE535 for vocals.

But it was just too dark, veiled and soft for my liking. I guess 535 would be just the same, as it doesn't have a very pronounced treble. So, redrich2000 is right - it all depends on how you like your vocals, forward or laid-back, energetic or relaxed, clear or veiled, dark or sparky, etc.

 

Interesting, I have yet to audition the RE-262's and I really want to after hearing all this about it and for the price it sounds too good to be true haha. The SE425 which I use is more neutral sounding than the 535. I find it tends to do well especially with Carpenters the vocals are quite forward but at the same time sound smooth and well rounded off (I guess that's what you mean by not as energetic?)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL??