If you are talking about beautiful vocal and smooth mid range, my vote would go for Final Audio Heaven Series
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphonetagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
Related Forum Threads
- IEM build quality concern Last post on 10/11/14 at 3:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from RE-262 to RE-400 => disappointed. Is there a real substitute for the RE-262? Last post on 6/19/14 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 300 dollar range earphone for EDM Last post on 2/5/14 at 12:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IC: RE262 for RE400 Last post on 10/17/13 at 6:28pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- IEM overrated? Last post on 8/9/13 at 4:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL?? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 603/30/14 at 5:28ampost #18 of 603/30/14 at 9:31ampost #19 of 603/30/14 at 10:25amQuote:
Haha but both RE262 and RE272 are rare to find nowadays. RE272 is a pretty stunning IEM.post #20 of 603/30/14 at 10:47am
what's your budget ?
having owned all 3 hifiman iems (262/272/600) , i loved all 3 of them - 262 is like the small brother of 600 at 1/4 of the price
272 is more analytical , but it is an outstanding iem (especially for 150$ which is its normal 'used' price)
i managed to get a used 262 for 60$ and i don't think there is a better bang-for-buck iem - hands down.
262 needs a decent amp to really shine , though - so if you don't own/plan to buy an amp , maybe it's not what you want
re600 was very good , but i wouldn't rate it more than 10-15% better than both 262/272
post #21 of 603/30/14 at 12:14pm
ATH-CK10 if you can get a hold of one. Vocals are wonderful, detailed and smooth. I don't like the sparkly treble, but other than that, nice mids for vocals, and impactful and tight low end.
Edited by SilverEars - 3/30/14 at 12:21pmpost #22 of 603/30/14 at 5:58pmpost #23 of 604/1/14 at 7:15pmpost #24 of 604/3/14 at 11:46am
I am also a big female vocal lover, and have to say I didn't like RE-262 at all. Too laid-back and relaxed sound, for my taste. It sounded like all energy has been sucked out of the music, compared too Brainwavz B2 which I find much better for vocals. I wonder if IM02 would be a worthy upgrade from B2 for vocals? Or should I go with a used CK100PRO instead? Sound needs to be on the bright side, with a decent amount of sparkle and clarity, and forward (in-your-face).post #25 of 604/5/14 at 3:48pmpost #26 of 604/5/14 at 5:44pmpost #27 of 604/5/14 at 9:20pmpost #28 of 604/6/14 at 12:37am
RE-262 is rated above SE 535 for vocals, and I mentioned I didn't like RE-262 because it is too laid back.
So an average heavily mid-centric signature won't do, I'm afraid.Quote:
Oh yeah, customs FTW!
From reviews it seems like RE-400 won't be any better for vocals than RE-262, and RE-600 is not that better than RE-400.
Never heard of the third model, have to check that.post #29 of 604/16/14 at 2:35amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 12 seconds ago
- › schiit ragnarok 38 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 49 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › FS Exasound E22 DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 3 minutes ago
- › SilverFi IEM Cables Worldwide Audition Tour - Limited Number of... 6 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2