If you are talking about beautiful vocal and smooth mid range, my vote would go for Final Audio Heaven Series
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphonetagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
Related Forum Threads
- IEM build quality concern Last post on 10/11/14 at 3:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from RE-262 to RE-400 => disappointed. Is there a real substitute for the RE-262? Last post on 6/19/14 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 300 dollar range earphone for EDM Last post on 2/5/14 at 12:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IC: RE262 for RE400 Last post on 10/17/13 at 6:28pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- IEM overrated? Last post on 8/9/13 at 4:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/26/15
Introduction: The newest member of Noble Audio’s line of IEMs, the Savant, has taken Head-Fi by storm and has caught the attention of many eager Head-Fier – myself included. Noble’s reputation for...
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL?? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Haha but both RE262 and RE272 are rare to find nowadays. RE272 is a pretty stunning IEM.
what's your budget ?
having owned all 3 hifiman iems (262/272/600) , i loved all 3 of them - 262 is like the small brother of 600 at 1/4 of the price
272 is more analytical , but it is an outstanding iem (especially for 150$ which is its normal 'used' price)
i managed to get a used 262 for 60$ and i don't think there is a better bang-for-buck iem - hands down.
262 needs a decent amp to really shine , though - so if you don't own/plan to buy an amp , maybe it's not what you want
re600 was very good , but i wouldn't rate it more than 10-15% better than both 262/272
ATH-CK10 if you can get a hold of one. Vocals are wonderful, detailed and smooth. I don't like the sparkly treble, but other than that, nice mids for vocals, and impactful and tight low end.
Edited by SilverEars - 3/30/14 at 12:21pm
I am also a big female vocal lover, and have to say I didn't like RE-262 at all. Too laid-back and relaxed sound, for my taste. It sounded like all energy has been sucked out of the music, compared too Brainwavz B2 which I find much better for vocals. I wonder if IM02 would be a worthy upgrade from B2 for vocals? Or should I go with a used CK100PRO instead? Sound needs to be on the bright side, with a decent amount of sparkle and clarity, and forward (in-your-face).
RE-262 is rated above SE 535 for vocals, and I mentioned I didn't like RE-262 because it is too laid back.
So an average heavily mid-centric signature won't do, I'm afraid.
Oh yeah, customs FTW!
From reviews it seems like RE-400 won't be any better for vocals than RE-262, and RE-600 is not that better than RE-400.
Never heard of the third model, have to check that.
- what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › RARE SONY MDR-V7 near flawless condition with SPARE DRIVER! 11 seconds ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 30 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › I need the best earbuds for under 150$ 3 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)