If you are talking about beautiful vocal and smooth mid range, my vote would go for Final Audio Heaven Series
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphonetagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productHiFiMAN RE-400tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by nightmancometh, 3/24/14
Related Forum Threads
- IEM build quality concern Last post on 10/11/14 at 3:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade from RE-262 to RE-400 => disappointed. Is there a real substitute for the RE-262? Last post on 6/19/14 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 300 dollar range earphone for EDM Last post on 2/5/14 at 12:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IC: RE262 for RE400 Last post on 10/17/13 at 6:28pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- IEM overrated? Last post on 8/9/13 at 4:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 4/13/15
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL?? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 673/30/14 at 5:28ampost #18 of 673/30/14 at 9:31ampost #19 of 673/30/14 at 10:25amQuote:
Haha but both RE262 and RE272 are rare to find nowadays. RE272 is a pretty stunning IEM.post #20 of 673/30/14 at 10:47am
what's your budget ?
having owned all 3 hifiman iems (262/272/600) , i loved all 3 of them - 262 is like the small brother of 600 at 1/4 of the price
272 is more analytical , but it is an outstanding iem (especially for 150$ which is its normal 'used' price)
i managed to get a used 262 for 60$ and i don't think there is a better bang-for-buck iem - hands down.
262 needs a decent amp to really shine , though - so if you don't own/plan to buy an amp , maybe it's not what you want
re600 was very good , but i wouldn't rate it more than 10-15% better than both 262/272
post #21 of 673/30/14 at 12:14pm
ATH-CK10 if you can get a hold of one. Vocals are wonderful, detailed and smooth. I don't like the sparkly treble, but other than that, nice mids for vocals, and impactful and tight low end.
Edited by SilverEars - 3/30/14 at 12:21pmpost #22 of 673/30/14 at 5:58pmpost #23 of 674/1/14 at 7:15pmpost #24 of 674/3/14 at 11:46am
I am also a big female vocal lover, and have to say I didn't like RE-262 at all. Too laid-back and relaxed sound, for my taste. It sounded like all energy has been sucked out of the music, compared too Brainwavz B2 which I find much better for vocals. I wonder if IM02 would be a worthy upgrade from B2 for vocals? Or should I go with a used CK100PRO instead? Sound needs to be on the bright side, with a decent amount of sparkle and clarity, and forward (in-your-face).post #25 of 674/5/14 at 3:48pmpost #26 of 674/5/14 at 5:44pmpost #27 of 674/5/14 at 9:20pmpost #28 of 674/6/14 at 12:37am
RE-262 is rated above SE 535 for vocals, and I mentioned I didn't like RE-262 because it is too laid back.
So an average heavily mid-centric signature won't do, I'm afraid.Quote:
Oh yeah, customs FTW!
From reviews it seems like RE-400 won't be any better for vocals than RE-262, and RE-600 is not that better than RE-400.
Never heard of the third model, have to check that.post #29 of 674/16/14 at 2:35amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- what is the BEST IEM FOR VOCAL??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 7 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH600 cups for sale - with Dynamat damping installed - mint... 35 seconds ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: OPPO PM-3 and Audeze... 57 seconds ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Help: Looking for Urban Beatz bluetooth wiring diagram 2 minutes ago
- › Has anybody tried the E17K Alpen 2 with hd800s? Could you... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2