And surely we will be hearing your take along with your headphone collection.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productLHLabs Geek Outtagged by AxelCloris, 4/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:31 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Geek Out 1000 (silver) Last post on 2/18/15 at 12:56pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Geek Out 1000 (silver) Last post on 2/18/15 at 12:54pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Removed Last post on 2/10/15 at 11:01am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Amp for Alpha Prime Last post on 8/10/15 at 11:35am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm excited to see how you like it too... ;-)
My Silver GO 1000 arrived a few hours ago.. been giving it continuous run since then and initial impressions are very favorable. There's a smooth, refined quality to its (very impressive) resolving ability. The dynamic swing this little guy is capable of immediately jumped out to me, too.. it definitely beguiles the zippo-esque size. In terms of tuning, it seems quite transparent and neutral, but with an elegant hint of ethereal warmth. More impressions later.. I'll be tossing all the phones in my signature/profile.. as well as the Alpha Dog and the (pre-ordered) HE-560 (which should (hopefully arrive next week)... at the GO 1000. So far, it's living up to it's immense hype and promise.
What settings are Windows users setting their LH Control Panel and Windows audio settings? I currently have 24/196 in Windows and Standard USB streaming with 8192 samples. For some reason the volume is automatically dropping to -127 though?
More time with the GO 1000/HD650 tonight.. this is a ridiculously pleasing combo. Frighteningly reminiscent of my mighty HD650/Crack combo, in fact.. yes.. I went there.. it's got that kind of wow factor... and it's not "new toy syndrome" talking either. My Crack is all of two feet away from the GO1000, atm.
If this is a "taste" of what the Geek Pulse is going to offer.
Oh. My. Goodness.
I've been listening all week at work to my GO 1000 and Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.2's. Simply a fantastic combination. I did not go for the Pulse or Wave campaigns because, frankly, this is so damned good I'm thoroughly satisfied. I do intend to test it out on my home rig as a DAC but haven't had the time. Happy Easter, all.
It absolutely blows away my Bravo Ocean, Aune T1, and HifimeDIY Sabre U2 + SMSL Amps. The Aune is $189 retail, and is no slouch itself.
Why do you ask (if I may ask)?
- Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 59 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to... 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › is it ok to like gaming headsets for voice comms during... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :) 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2