And surely we will be hearing your take along with your headphone collection.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productLHLabs Geek Outtagged by AxelCloris, 4/21/14
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm excited to see how you like it too... ;-)
My Silver GO 1000 arrived a few hours ago.. been giving it continuous run since then and initial impressions are very favorable. There's a smooth, refined quality to its (very impressive) resolving ability. The dynamic swing this little guy is capable of immediately jumped out to me, too.. it definitely beguiles the zippo-esque size. In terms of tuning, it seems quite transparent and neutral, but with an elegant hint of ethereal warmth. More impressions later.. I'll be tossing all the phones in my signature/profile.. as well as the Alpha Dog and the (pre-ordered) HE-560 (which should (hopefully arrive next week)... at the GO 1000. So far, it's living up to it's immense hype and promise.
What settings are Windows users setting their LH Control Panel and Windows audio settings? I currently have 24/196 in Windows and Standard USB streaming with 8192 samples. For some reason the volume is automatically dropping to -127 though?
More time with the GO 1000/HD650 tonight.. this is a ridiculously pleasing combo. Frighteningly reminiscent of my mighty HD650/Crack combo, in fact.. yes.. I went there.. it's got that kind of wow factor... and it's not "new toy syndrome" talking either. My Crack is all of two feet away from the GO1000, atm.
If this is a "taste" of what the Geek Pulse is going to offer.
Oh. My. Goodness.
I've been listening all week at work to my GO 1000 and Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.2's. Simply a fantastic combination. I did not go for the Pulse or Wave campaigns because, frankly, this is so damned good I'm thoroughly satisfied. I do intend to test it out on my home rig as a DAC but haven't had the time. Happy Easter, all.
It absolutely blows away my Bravo Ocean, Aune T1, and HifimeDIY Sabre U2 + SMSL Amps. The Aune is $189 retail, and is no slouch itself.
Why do you ask (if I may ask)?
- Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 second ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 48 seconds ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 59 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum for classical music 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Construction expenses falls 0.8% in August...
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2