And surely we will be hearing your take along with your headphone collection.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productLHLabs Geek Outtagged by AxelCloris, 4/21/14
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm excited to see how you like it too... ;-)
My Silver GO 1000 arrived a few hours ago.. been giving it continuous run since then and initial impressions are very favorable. There's a smooth, refined quality to its (very impressive) resolving ability. The dynamic swing this little guy is capable of immediately jumped out to me, too.. it definitely beguiles the zippo-esque size. In terms of tuning, it seems quite transparent and neutral, but with an elegant hint of ethereal warmth. More impressions later.. I'll be tossing all the phones in my signature/profile.. as well as the Alpha Dog and the (pre-ordered) HE-560 (which should (hopefully arrive next week)... at the GO 1000. So far, it's living up to it's immense hype and promise.
What settings are Windows users setting their LH Control Panel and Windows audio settings? I currently have 24/196 in Windows and Standard USB streaming with 8192 samples. For some reason the volume is automatically dropping to -127 though?
More time with the GO 1000/HD650 tonight.. this is a ridiculously pleasing combo. Frighteningly reminiscent of my mighty HD650/Crack combo, in fact.. yes.. I went there.. it's got that kind of wow factor... and it's not "new toy syndrome" talking either. My Crack is all of two feet away from the GO1000, atm.
If this is a "taste" of what the Geek Pulse is going to offer.
Oh. My. Goodness.
I've been listening all week at work to my GO 1000 and Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.2's. Simply a fantastic combination. I did not go for the Pulse or Wave campaigns because, frankly, this is so damned good I'm thoroughly satisfied. I do intend to test it out on my home rig as a DAC but haven't had the time. Happy Easter, all.
It absolutely blows away my Bravo Ocean, Aune T1, and HifimeDIY Sabre U2 + SMSL Amps. The Aune is $189 retail, and is no slouch itself.
Why do you ask (if I may ask)?
- Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FS: Beyerdynamic T1 [AU] 34 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 45 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review... 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Liquid Glass using low standard materials 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)