And surely we will be hearing your take along with your headphone collection.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productLHLabs Geek Outtagged by AxelCloris, 4/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- Geek Out 1000 (silver) Last post on 2/18/15 at 12:56pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Geek Out 1000 (silver) Last post on 2/18/15 at 12:54pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Removed Last post on 2/10/15 at 11:01am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Amp for Alpha Prime Last post on 4/10/15 at 11:17am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Light Harmonic GEEK Last post on Today at 9:09 pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm excited to see how you like it too... ;-)
My Silver GO 1000 arrived a few hours ago.. been giving it continuous run since then and initial impressions are very favorable. There's a smooth, refined quality to its (very impressive) resolving ability. The dynamic swing this little guy is capable of immediately jumped out to me, too.. it definitely beguiles the zippo-esque size. In terms of tuning, it seems quite transparent and neutral, but with an elegant hint of ethereal warmth. More impressions later.. I'll be tossing all the phones in my signature/profile.. as well as the Alpha Dog and the (pre-ordered) HE-560 (which should (hopefully arrive next week)... at the GO 1000. So far, it's living up to it's immense hype and promise.
What settings are Windows users setting their LH Control Panel and Windows audio settings? I currently have 24/196 in Windows and Standard USB streaming with 8192 samples. For some reason the volume is automatically dropping to -127 though?
More time with the GO 1000/HD650 tonight.. this is a ridiculously pleasing combo. Frighteningly reminiscent of my mighty HD650/Crack combo, in fact.. yes.. I went there.. it's got that kind of wow factor... and it's not "new toy syndrome" talking either. My Crack is all of two feet away from the GO1000, atm.
If this is a "taste" of what the Geek Pulse is going to offer.
Oh. My. Goodness.
I've been listening all week at work to my GO 1000 and Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.2's. Simply a fantastic combination. I did not go for the Pulse or Wave campaigns because, frankly, this is so damned good I'm thoroughly satisfied. I do intend to test it out on my home rig as a DAC but haven't had the time. Happy Easter, all.
It absolutely blows away my Bravo Ocean, Aune T1, and HifimeDIY Sabre U2 + SMSL Amps. The Aune is $189 retail, and is no slouch itself.
Why do you ask (if I may ask)?
- Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 1 minute ago
- › Starter Tube AMPs 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1,... 5 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 7 minutes ago
- › Sound Waveaudiophile Meet in Jakarta 22 April 2015 7 minutes ago
- › TDK neo:n 3 TH-NEC300 like new 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2