Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 3: Show a little leg. What is "it"? (page 132)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 3: Show a little leg. What is "it"? (page 132) - Page 83

Poll Results: What % of your listening is Desktop vs Portable? (click on ONE answer please)

Poll expired: Apr 22, 2014  
  • 22% (30)
    Desktop (100%)
  • 36% (49)
    Desktop (75%) & Portable (25%)
  • 18% (25)
    Desktop (50%) & Portable (50%)
  • 17% (24)
    Desktop (25%) & Portable (75%)
  • 5% (7)
    Portable (100%)
135 Total Votes  
post #1231 of 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipAC View Post
 

Hi

 

Do we have a release date in the UK for the iDSD Micro please

Hi Philip,

 

I think they are aiming at simultaneous global realease date of July 15. Make sure to order early to get one of the 512 first units with the collectible stuff thrown in for free. i just ordered one myself in the US for pickup when I am there and I confirmed its one of the special edition packages.

 

A pity, as I just bought a Nano a week before and I guess I will have to sell that when I get around to it!

post #1232 of 1983

How many folks out there plan on getting the micro iDSD who use both over-ear and in-ear headphones?  I will be using the micro iDSD for in-ear use only (for the time being) :wink_face:.

post #1233 of 1983

Ordered mine too via Avatar Acoustics (US)! Those guys know how to take care of their customers really well (Darren and James).  Except Bonnie - she absolutely dislikes audiophiles (if asked, please pretend you believe this part as i had to pinky swear not ruin her reputation of 'disliking' audiophiles ;) )  I will definitely do more business with them even just to make Bonnie's life 'miserable'. lol. 

 

On another note, now confused what to do with my idsd nano + ipurifier. Heck im even confused what to do with the ican micro given idsd micro's turbo mode.  the idsd nano and purifier i may keep for a more portable pairing with ican nano, but does it still make sense to keep the ican micro?  

 

I may have missed some discussions about the last question, but any input will be appreciated anyway.  Thanks!

post #1234 of 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by tf1216 View Post

How many folks out there plan on getting the micro iDSD who use both over-ear and in-ear headphones?  I will be using the micro iDSD for in-ear use only (for the time being) wink_face.gif .

Me xD to make use of all functions in the micro iDSD, I have a feeling of selling my Annie and get a orthos haha
post #1235 of 1983
eagerly waiting for my micro iDSD, if it turns out to be as good as i expect it to be then goodby bulky analog home speakers and hello Genelec G four connected straight to the iDSD. minimalist setup as its best with the option to upgrade to a mini iDSD later.
Edited by roamling - 7/4/14 at 5:44am
post #1236 of 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamling View Post

eagerly waiting for my micro iDSD, if it turns out to be as good as i expect it to be then goodby bulky analog home speakers and hello Genelec G four connected straight to the iDSD. minimalist setup as its best with the option to upgrade to a mini iDSD later.

Fantastic! I am currently using JBL LSR305 monitors which I believe it is one of the best for low cost. I am not using my big bully Sound Labs speakers as much either.

post #1237 of 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by rptlead View Post
 

Ordered mine too via Avatar Acoustics (US)! Those guys know how to take care of their customers really well (Darren and James).  Except Bonnie - she absolutely dislikes audiophiles (if asked, please pretend you believe this part as i had to pinky swear not ruin her reputation of 'disliking' audiophiles ;) )  I will definitely do more business with them even just to make Bonnie's life 'miserable'. lol. 

 

On another note, now confused what to do with my idsd nano + ipurifier. Heck im even confused what to do with the ican micro given idsd micro's turbo mode.  the idsd nano and purifier i may keep for a more portable pairing with ican nano, but does it still make sense to keep the ican micro?  

 

I may have missed some discussions about the last question, but any input will be appreciated anyway.  Thanks!

 

Rptlead - do we know if these ones from Avatar Acoustics (it's where I ordered too) - are going to be the "special edition" packages in the first runs here?

post #1238 of 1983
When do deliveries start?
post #1239 of 1983

I thought these two DSD How To pages were very interesting... :D

 

 

http://www.audiostream.com/content/how-play-dsd-file-using-foobar2000

 

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DSD_Format

post #1240 of 1983

An excellent place to experiment with Free DSD File Samples... Just sign up and download Free DSD Files...

 

https://justlisten.nativedsd.com/albums/just-listen-1-compilation

post #1241 of 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioWonder737 View Post

An excellent place to experiment with Free DSD File Samples... Just sign up and download Free DSD Files...

https://justlisten.nativedsd.com/albums/just-listen-1-compilation

Channel Classics certainly leading the DSD front, have some albums from them and the guys running the the label are super customer friendly, just my experince wink.gif
post #1242 of 1983

I enjoy working with Channel Classics and had a few issues that was resolved. While classical is not everyone cup of tea, they are good on what they do. They are expanding with other labels to join then on a more central web site for labels to promote their wares.

 Wavmixer Web Designs www.wavmixer.comWavmixer Web Designs www.wavmixer.com


Edited by john57 - 7/5/14 at 11:06pm
post #1243 of 1983

Absolutely the best... https://channelclassics.nativedsd.com/ 

post #1244 of 1983

So,will the T-Shirts be "One Size Fits All"???   :rolleyes:  

"Octa-Adopter" Tee-Shirt (only 512 tees will be made)"

 

I noticed when I ordered mine no one asked what size I wanted... :D

post #1245 of 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioWonder737 View Post
 

So,will the T-Shirts be "One Size Fits All"???   :rolleyes:  

"Octa-Adopter" Tee-Shirt (only 512 tees will be made)"

 

I noticed when I ordered mine no one asked what size I wanted... :D

Good point - I've preordered, and expect to be in the group of 512.  I always wear XXL ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 3: Show a little leg. What is "it"? (page 132)